Changes vs Crows - Salem, Hibberd, Hannan(!) In for C.Wagner (omit), Petty (inj), Lockhart (inj)

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
There’s about 5 or 6 from our side last week who’s skills are either not up to it, or are just dumb footballers (Tsmith, Lockhart, Spargo, Stretch, Petty etc)

The cupboard is still pretty bare though, I’d be bringing in Pruess, JKH, Hibbberd (if fit).

Care factor for this game has reached an all time low though unfortunately.

Calls for JKH to come in are premature. He was good at the end of last season when the rest of the team were firing, but he's the kind of meh footballer who is very ordinary in a very ordinary team, not someone who's going to drive change towards better standards... in anything. At least Preuss is a campaigner and Hannan a goer.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Calls for JKH to come in are premature. He was good at the end of last season when the rest of the team were firing, but he's the kind of meh footballer who is very ordinary in a very ordinary team, not someone who's going to drive change towards better standards... in anything. At least Preuss is a campaigner and Hannan a goer.

And they are probably the same people calling out the coaching staff for picking players off the back of limited preparation, after we lose a game.

They seem to always be assessed as a single player as well (Corey was very average on the weekend but Josh was good).

There have been times Josh has been good, but I didn't think Sunday was one of them!

Corey was average.

Both are limited players, exposed when our good players are down on form or injured.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There have been times Josh has been good, but I didn't think Sunday was one of them!

Corey was average.

Both are limited players, exposed when our good players are down on form or injured.

When we have Lever, Salem, Jetta, May and Hibberd back in the side this won’t be something we will need to worry about.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
And they are probably the same people calling out the coaching staff for picking players off the back of limited preparation, after we lose a game.

I don’t think there is any overlap in those people. I may be wrong

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I don’t think there is any overlap in those people. I may be wrong

There will be some, not yourself. You were quite right about the coaching staff picking unfit players.

Just frustrating after all the captain hindsights after round one, and now some are calling for hannan/JKH to come back in after 1 VFL game after 12 weeks off.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Corey was average.

Josh is handy depth. Gets a bad wrap on here unfortunately. Corey is just not up to it. A handy VFL player at best, which unfortunately we have quite a few of atm. I would have much prefered we drafted a young kid than this guy. Maybe with Kent, Bugg and Tyson leaving we felt we needed a slightly more mature body as depth. But he was useless for North and he's done nothing better for us. Will be delisted first chance allowed..

Injured in his first full game back -> straight into the seniors.

My Dave Misson voodoo doll is going to get a ******* workout if anything happens to Lever.

I'll take comfort in the fact that I'm not a doctor so can't really make an informed comment, but it does seem odd.

Back