Prediction Changes vs Dees round 19

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy is listed as 195cm
Khamis listed at 190cm. But has a huge leap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wow ok that’s still pretty significant. Cordy doesn’t look/play 195 though.
The other issue with Cordy is if you play him as a third tall he doesn’t offer much else apart from stopping. I think the third needs to be mobile/intercept/offer some rebound.

BrunswickDog

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Until wood is back, I can't see Cordy being dropped.

Our backline needs leadership, and even with his shortcomings, cordy will provide a clearer voice and more stable presence in the backline.

Khamis might be a better option athletically, but he is v inexperienced and still has questions over his ability to run out a game.

I also don't think there was a good matchup for cordy last night. Played on fast mid sized forwards, which he will always get burned by.

I thought we played like a team that made a lot of changes and lacked cohesiveness. Need to let the team start to settle again and build chemistry, which has dropped.

Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would go back to the three tall defender system rather than drop cordy. Adelaide generally play 3 talls up forward so it’s a good game to try that system again.

Surprised so many people are leaving crozier in, has been very poor all year and I don’t think his VFL games warranted being selected for the Gold Coast game.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Focus shift to next week and a few left field changes enter my mind.
Out: r.smith, crozier (omt), bruce, bont (managed).
In: McLean, wood, libba, martin
Don’t mind Bruce Bont managed, except for Bonts chance of a Brownlow, but flags come before medals. But thought Crozier got better throughout the game. And he needs the games, we know he can be better. It’s unfortunate for him personally that Duryea and Dale and Williams have got so good this year.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would go back to the three tall defender system rather than drop cordy. Adelaide generally play 3 talls up forward so it’s a good game to try that system again.

Surprised so many people are leaving crozier in, has been very poor all year and I don’t think his VFL games warranted being selected for the Gold Coast game.
Keath and Young (Gardner when fit) should be plenty tall enough. Cordy is the issue. Is he really good enough to change to a structure of 3 talls just to accommodate him? He offers nothing attacking wise as a third tall which I think is necessary. 3 stopping defenders will really hamper our style, that third really needs to be a good intercept mark.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy is listed as 195cm
Khamis listed at 190cm. But has a huge leap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Khamis had the tank I would take the risk. He has shown that he can't and that would have a knock on affect with our rotations. If Cordy is too come out the only viable option would have to be Young for time on ground. MC don't seem to think Young is capable as just a Defender

Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Keath and Young (Gardner when fit) should be plenty tall enough. Cordy is the issue. Is he really good enough to change to a structure of 3 talls just to accommodate him? He offers nothing attacking wise as a third tall which I think is necessary. 3 stopping defenders will really hamper our style, that third really needs to be a good intercept mark.

He was obviously poor yesterday and has been poor a few times this year, v Richmond another example. But he has been okay in other games. I agree he doesn’t offer much in an attacking sense. But the third tall atm is between cordy, Buku (cant run a game out), crozier (terribly out of form), wood (injured) or Williams (which means we lose his run and ball use).

I think cordy is the best of a bad situation atm. Also not going a three tall system to accomodate cordy. A three tall system allows our rebounding defenders to be more aggressive offensively, also would allow keath and young to intercept more than lockdown. Obviously wood is the best option as a third tall but is injured atm.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He was obviously poor yesterday and has been poor a few times this year, v Richmond another example. But he has been okay in other games. I agree he doesn’t offer much in an attacking sense. But the third tall atm is between cordy, Buku (cant run a game out), crozier (terribly out of form), wood (injured) or Williams (which means we lose his run and ball use).

I think cordy is the best of a bad situation atm. Also not going a three tall system to accomodate cordy. A three tall system allows our rebounding defenders to be more aggressive offensively, also would allow keath and young to intercept more than lockdown. Obviously wood is the best option as a third tall but is injured atm.
You’re probably right due to the current form and availability issues of others. I just don’t see Cordy as a third tall.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You cannot reward Cordy with another game after that performance could have cost us the 4 points if they kicked straighter.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be interesting to see where this game is played.

SA Gov will want the Crows to fly in and out. Being in Ballarat really complicates that.

Can see it being moved to Melbourne. If they move it to SA and make us fly in and out it would be pretty bad.

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves

SA Gov will want the Crows to fly in and out. Being in Ballarat really complicates that.

Can see it being moved to Melbourne. If they move it to SA and make us fly in and out it would be pretty bad.

Ideally they FIFO and bus it up to Ballarat. But we know that’s unlikely.

Marvel I reckon … no way will we agree to head over to Adelaide.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Is flying to Tullamarine and getting on a coach to Ballarat that much different to getting a coach to the city or Geelong?

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
15a6f422824cabc0d4d4a29733e18978.jpg

May not be the Crows.

Won’t be the Bombers as they’re up against the two NSW sides the next fortnight and all are in QLD.

Did we fly home last night?

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
AFL looking at changing the Suns game next week. They play the Dees so more and more likely we’ll play the Dees next week.

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Sounds like we will be playing Melbourne this week and Adelaide later in the season.

It would be a straight swap of 3 round 20 games to round 19...

Round 19:
Melbourne v Bulldogs @ MCG
Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns @ Gabba
Adelaide v Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval

?Round 20:
Bulldogs v Adelaide @ TBA
Gold Coast v Melbourne @ Metricon
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions @ MCG

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like we will be playing Melbourne this week and Adelaide later in the season.

It would be a straight swap of 3 round 20 games to round 19...

Round 19:
Melbourne v Bulldogs @ MCG
Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns @ Gabba
Adelaide v Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval

?Round 20:
Bulldogs v Adelaide @ TBA
Gold Coast v Melbourne @ Metricon
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions @ MCG

Big advantage to Melbourne in that scenario. Get to play the Bulldogs immediately rather than after a gruelling Top End game.

Back