Prediction Changes vs Dees round 19

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s footy it inspires the passion but you are right

This place always reminds me of the scene in the Monty Python Life if Brian where the People’s Front of Judaea said that the only people they hate more than the Romans are the Popular Peoples Front of Judea

I know I upset people on here as they do me but at the end I’d the day I’m sure we all want our great club to succeed and we all hate the bombers!

If I haven’t upset or offended anyone I’m sure I will get around to it sometime

You’re a relentless defender of the club BL, but I love it. Much rather read your posting than those that want to s**t all over it.

Enjoy the rest of the season. Go dogs!!

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we can beat the Dees with the team selected we will be certain to beat them when replacing C graders such Schache/Hannan and a D grader in Roarke Smith with A graders in Dunks, Treloar and Wood. Plus the possibility of VDM and Martin.

ummmbont

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok the funny thing is !!
Old bulldogs supporters will tell you we only played smalls
Our couch only got a game when wett

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well I wouldn't know how good Bruce was when he was playing in the backline earlier in his career but maybe he will be able to do better with experience and fill a need against tall forwards.

Didn't suggest that Schache would be back this week but if he is on the list next year, why not try him for the role over the preseason and see if he is capable of filling a role? Ballantyne, Campbell, Jones - plenty of guys who have made the move to defence,

Fair enough, but I can't see it working. I think Schache lacks the physicality and intensity required to be a defender. Jones for example always had this.

The other major drawback with Schache is his lack of pace which is even more of an issue in our current game style. Because our defenders are placed in attacking positions, having pace to push back can be pretty important. This is a good take on how our defence works below.

I just can't see it working.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For those who watch the VFL, Schache had had a few stints down back and done well enough to suggest it's worth pursuing. Not saying he's the second coming of Liam Jones, but worth a look...

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For those who watch the VFL, Schache had had a few stints down back and done well enough to suggest it's worth pursuing. Not saying he's the second coming of Liam Jones, but worth a look...

Not against the best team in the comp.

Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Not against the best team in the comp.

Not long ago you were telling all and sundry that you didn’t rate Melbourne.

Now you think they’re the best team, which I agree with.

What’s changed?

It’s a serious question and I am genuinely interested in the answer as I think Melbourne if anything look less impressive than earlier in the year.

Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fair enough, but I can't see it working. I think Schache lacks the physicality and intensity required to be a defender. Jones for example always had this.

The other major drawback with Schache is his lack of pace which is even more of an issue in our current game style. Because our defenders are placed in attacking positions, having pace to push back can be pretty important. This is a good take on how our defence works below.

I just can't see it working.

Thanks Ross for that in-depth analysis, your success and leadership through your coaching career has always been a source of inspiration for me.

Back