Prediction Changes vs Dees round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

If we end up playing Melbourne Friday night having Dunkley back (albeit at 80% as he works his way back), will help if the Dees try to tag Libba again.

Have to wonder why Schache isn't being trailed at both ends this year at least for depth is case of injuries. Could only improve his game. Not saying it will work, yet worth a try. What if Keith and Young get injured?

Looking at the fixture it doesn't make any sense to not play Adelaide this week given Port just came here and if its changed two Melbourne teams will be playing in Adelaide under the harsh lead in restrictions.

Yeah but no Martin hurts.

Might have had him next week ..
I don't want Martin coming back off old man injuries like an achillies and groin to go up against Gawn. If we neutralised Nic Nat we can neutralise Gawn/Jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can get to finals with a couple of games into Treloar, Dunks, Wood, Martin,VDM, all with fresh legs and no further injuries, I fancy our preparation over Melbourne who have played all their keys all year. Already showing signs of tiredness for mine.

Sometimes seeming bad fortune can be a blessing in disguise.

Bugger it, I don’t care who we have out, bring on the Dees. They were absolute s*** on Saturday. Yes, we weren’t brilliant, but they we’re selfish and played like millionaires.

Lots of ground ball for our forwards, Cody could have a field day.

Will be interesting to see where this game is played.

SA Gov will want the Crows to fly in and out. Being in Ballarat really complicates that.

Can see it being moved to Melbourne. If they move it to SA and make us fly in and out it would be pretty bad.

Ballarat has an airport...30 Cessna's should get it done

Yeah not sure why they wouldn’t have scheduled it like the old days where you play everyone once first before playing second games just in case a situation occurs where rounds are missed.

But its the AFL and its been run inadequately for years and should come as no surprise.

If they'd done that, they could release a whole new fixture for the second part of the year. Although they would probably be accused of bias, particualrly if you had an easy run then suddley copped four top 6 teams or similar

I looked at the rounds ahead.

Basically it looks like if we loose to Melbourne this weekend, we will end up 3rd and play Melbourne again in the first final at the G. Don't forget Melbourne play the cats down at Geelong at the last round...

If we win this weekend then there is a good chance we finish on top and play one of the interstate sides - Port/Sydney/Brisbane at the G :)

Either way i wouldn't stress over it.

There must be a realistic chance this round is paused for one week so many spot fires. They still have the bye round up their sleeve.

From attendance of site.. misses this week only which is slated to be Melbourne after the fixture gets changed
Started the day he was at cafe. 14th July.

Dees likely opponent this week. Swapped with Crows. Still TBC though.
Where is this talk of changing the fixture coming from? Its not as simple as swapping 1 or 2 games and if you start changing more you run into the same problem you are trying to avoid.

e.g. If we play Melbourne in round 19 instead of 20, Adelaide would need to play Hawthorn in Round 19 instead of 20 as well. That results in the same issue

There must be a realistic chance this round is paused for one week so many spot fires. They still have the bye round up their sleeve.
Sounds like they’re keen to push ahead if at all possible. Reckon it would just about take a club not being able to field a team before they call the round off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back