Prediction Changes vs Dees round 19

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The only reason I would play Schache and Hannan is to try this

Bruce - one out in the square all game - this will be May
Cordy - relief Ruck for English (there is no way Schache can be the relief ruck)
Naughton on MacDonald CHB
Shache and Hagan leading high and wide up on either flank and wing
Hannan defensive role on Langdon

Weightman, JJ need to run amok in forward 50

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think Hannan is a better player than what he has shown this year. If there is a game he might turn his form around in, it might the game against his old side. He is pretty lucky to be playing after his effort against Sydney, hopefully he makes the most out of this game and repays the faith Bev has shown in him. Im backing him to play very well.

Last edited:

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everyobe knows my opinion of Dale but Dales issues were his inability to find space forward or makes leads unless there was a completely open are and therefore he just took up space. He didn’t want body contact but didn’t pull out when there was some.

Schache actively looked around to see who is there and will not stand in space or put his body on the line to get the footy. He will jump from behind but only when he believes he knows where everyone else is. I cannot see him standing in holes in the backline or putting his body on the line to win the footy. He is also a fairly average one on one mark. You cannot play in the backline of you are “timid”. If he plays backline whoever is on him will kill us.
You're spot on and I am not sure why people pot you on this MD. Schache was pushed off the ball in the Tigers game for everyone to see.

We all want Schache to be a success, but it is his 6th season in the AFL and can't get a regular game.

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everyobe knows my opinion of Dale but Dales issues were his inability to find space forward or makes leads unless there was a completely open are and therefore he just took up space. He didn’t want body contact but didn’t pull out when there was some.

Schache actively looked around to see who is there and will not stand in space or put his body on the line to get the footy. He will jump from behind but only when he believes he knows where everyone else is. I cannot see him standing in holes in the backline or putting his body on the line to win the footy. He is also a fairly average one on one mark. You cannot play in the backline of you are “timid”. If he plays backline whoever is on him will kill us.
Apart from standing in hole which only a handful do I feel it is far easier playing as a defender if you are a little bit timid. As a forward you will be crunched on multiple occasions in the defenders attempt to spoil. As a defender you are the one attempting to spoil and often coming from behind so I think that suits him better. Would I like to see engage with Hawkins or someone on a 1 on 1. No, but Keath is the only one capable not to be ragged dolled by strong forwards. Gardner and Young are similar in body strength. Not sure if he can work as a defender but no harm in trialling it on the VFL for 4 plus games.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You're spot on and I am not sure why people pot you on this MD. Schache was pushed off the ball in the Tigers game for everyone to see.

We all want Schache to be a success, but it is his 6th season in the AFL and can't get a regular game.
Schache has three of the worst games I’ve ever seen from an afl footballer over the last few years.

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I seriously misinterpreted this headline -

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 8.09.06 pm.png

Not sure where you got that idea. The only potting might be some light hearted comments because we know how unrelenting MD can be in making his point. I can't recall many - well any in fact - that hold the opposite view to MD.

On what we've seen so far he clearly isn't the ideal bloke for a hard physical contest.

That's not to say he can't ever do it. I remember when this criticism of him was being made (that he doesn't go hard in the packs etc) at the start of 2020 or 2019. He had probably been having similar discussions with his line coach or with Bevo. Next thing we know he concusses himself after launching himself over a pack. He was willing to have a go. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem like that's his natural game style, which is a shame. He has to school himself to do it and even when he does it can come unstuck.

As you say we would all like him to succeed but he hasn't filled us with hope up to this point. Good on him if he can acquit himself above our expectations tomorrow, whatever role is assigned to him.

No doubt we'll come back with a range of opinions on his game in the match review thread but while he's running around wearing the RW&B tomorrow he will have 100% of my support.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The more I think about it the more I'm ok with selecting the 4 tall forwards. If you take into consideration 2nd ruck duties and interchange time it means that we should have the 3 tall forwards on the park at all times. Obviously to counter May and Lever and that JUH can't really run out more than 60-70% game time its one I'm reasonably positive about.

The hannan selection is baffling though. Surely you pick another pacey forward to shut down space.
Hannan is fast

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

LOL they pot him cause once again he was spectacularly wrong

No problem with posters having opinions but when it’s posted withsuch certainty and interspersed with abuse then you gotta expect it back

He was completely wrong about Dale no matter what revisionist spin as he was in 2016

No problem with posters having opinions but when it’s posted withsuch certainty and interspersed with abuse then you gotta expect it back

He was completely wrong about Dale no matter what revisionist spin as he was in 2016
Aha! So we have found at least one poster who thinks Schache is strong and effective in the physical contest.

Let's all hope tomorrow proves you right.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

And I was right about

Macca
Hrovat
Tutt
Honeychurch
Collins
Schache
Hannan
Bruce
Wallis
JJ
Libba
Cordy
Gardner
Garcia
English
Crozier
Lloyd
Duryea
Hayes
Lipinski
Bont
Dunkley
Hamling
Roberts
Roughead

should I go on?

And what lie about 2016 was I wrong about? The absolute cr$p I said we won’t win another game after the round 14 or some cr@p ?? That one ?? 😆😆😆😆

I’ve got plenty wrong but plenty right so why don’t you mention those ??

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And I was right about

Macca
Hrovat
Tutt
Honeychurch
Collins
Schache
Hannan
Bruce
Wallis
JJ
Libba
Cordy
Gardner
Garcia
English
Crozier
Lloyd
Duryea
Hayes
Lipinski
Bont
Dunkley
Hamling
Roberts
Roughead

should I go on?

And what lie about 2016 was I wrong about? The absolute cr$p I said we won’t win another game after the round 14 or some cr@p ?? That one ?? 😆😆😆😆

Cause I knew you would

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And I was right about

Macca
Hrovat
Tutt
Honeychurch
Collins
Schache
Hannan
Bruce
Wallis
JJ
Libba
Cordy
Gardner
Garcia
English
Crozier
Lloyd
Duryea
Hayes
Lipinski
Bont
Dunkley
Hamling
Roberts
Roughead

should I go on?

Lol, you forgot last nights Lotto numbers.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
People take this joint far too seriously...
It’s footy it inspires the passion but you are right

This place always reminds me of the scene in the Monty Python Life if Brian where the People’s Front of Judaea said that the only people they hate more than the Romans are the Popular Peoples Front of Judea

I know I upset people on here as they do me but at the end I’d the day I’m sure we all want our great club to succeed and we all hate the bombers!

If I haven’t upset or offended anyone I’m sure I will get around to it sometime

Back