Preview Changes vs Demons (Sat 1.45pm 22/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcia on the emergency list is promising, looks like he must've got condition back quickly.
Le.young as the only tall on the emg list is interesting given there may still be doubt as to whether English gets up.
Haven't heard anything about west picking up an injury.
Team looks good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dale was always going to be on the chopping bloke after watching Bevo's post match press conference.

Gardner is the one player on the team that I am extremely worried about, other than that, happy with the selections

Garcia an emergency already. Must be impressing. Good sign.

Over the past few years we've named lots of young players as emergency, not because there's a chance of them being called up to play but just to let them experience a build up for a game, and with the current restrictions the other players on the list mightn't even be allowed into the rooms unless they are an emergency.

If Crozier is ready he should come straight back in but I have a feeling he’s another week away. Sounded like Cordy’s injury was not a one weeker. Also presuming there is no injuries from today.

Ins:

Bruce - Worked today but can’t see the one tall forward and one ruck being a successful strategy. Would prefer another ruck option but don’t have that on the list (Tom Boyd would be handy right now), so the forward will do. Don’t mind if it’s Schache instead of Bruce but he’s had a few niggles recently and probably should return through the seconds.

Johannisen - One week injury, contrary to a lot it seems but I think he’s had a good year and should come straight in.

Vandermeer - Been good this year and should return

Out:

Lloyd - Hasn’t had a great season and think he’s behind Wallis and Dale in the pecking order now. Bruce improves the structure.

R. Smith - Wasn’t bad but someone misses for JJ and it shouldn’t be Richards.

West - Would like to see him getting more games and don’t want to drop him but at the moment I think there are only two spots between West, Cavarra and VDM and I think he’ll be the one to miss.

Team:

B: Williams - Keath - Wood
HB: Daniel - Gardner - Johannisen

R: English - Dunkley - Bontempelli
C: B. Smith - Macrae - Hunter

HF: Vandermeer - Bruce - Cavarra
F: Wallis - Naughton - Dale

I: Richards - Liberatore - Lipinski - McLean

Still have question marks on some guys. Would still prefer Trengove and/or Young to Gardner but he was decent enough today and I can’t see that change happening.

Pretty close to the changes I was expecting. Didn't realise at the time that Crozier would be available. He's a definite in and Dale's form hasn't been great so not overly surprised he was the one to miss for him.

Think this will mean a return to HF/wing for Richards which isn't ideal. Looks 10x a better player off half back but can't see how he fits with Crozier and Johannisen back.

sad to see Dale out. Should be a star not playing scratch matches. Think he’ll bounce back though.

strong team picked but can not afford to get smashed out of the centre by their explosive boys

Not bad. Glad to see us finally pick our forward line based on form and not just who played well last year (looking at you Lloyd and Dale). Even fat fumbly Bruce is still our second best key forward so that's a must. Good spread of smalls with Cavarra, Vandermeer and Richards to give us speed and pressure. Dare I say one of the better teams we've put out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back