Preview Changes vs Demons (Sat 1.45pm 22/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad isn’t it, that we all fully expected the weakest link to be given another undeserved opportunity.

Lloyd and Dale omitted presumably because they didn’t hit the standards required of them. Does Ryan Gardner have any standards set to measure his performance?

I can stomach a liability in the team if they have potential. Unfortunately this is a Luke Beveridge vanity project in full flow. Perversely, the only way I can see him getting dropped is if he has a good game. Then Bevo can take him out of the team on his own terms. Yes, I really do think he’s that vain.

I find it incredibly funny that Roarke is in for one game and then is ‘managed’.

To me that is probably the strongest team we will field this year with the exception of Gardner in over Cordy.

Not sure how Roarke is out managed yet is named as an emergency. Having said that I glad he is out. To bad Gardner is still in. I do remember reading somewhere that gardeners and spuds go together.

Dale's out of form he was great at the end of last year. Van Der Meer is ahead of him on desperation, speed and animal cunning however. Don't mind Dale playing second fiddle to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it's from the usual suspects, I'm not sure it would be enough :( anything helps though

Okay. We have a ruck who might not be fully fit, and no backup ruck even on the emergency list? And a spud at CHB?? There are two solutions to this and they're called Jackson Trengove and Lewis Young, and Bevo's ignoring their existence??? Worst side ever. Sack Bevo. (Will that do?)

Okay. We have a ruck who might not be fully fit, and no backup ruck even on the emergency list? And a spud at CHB?? There are two solutions to this and they're called Jackson Trengove and Lewis Young, and Bevo's ignoring their existence??? Worst side ever. Sack Bevo. (Will that do?)
Not bad - 6.5/10

I think we all hoped that would be the case

Smith managed and an emergency....hmmmm
Prima facie it doesn't seem an unreasonable thing to do.

You work out your plan for managing players over a period of weeks. It's Roarke's turn for a break this week but if there's a late injury he might still be the first choice to come in and we can rest him next week instead. It's not like they said he was injured.

Whether that's what's really going on though is another matter.

You work out your plan for managing players over a period of weeks. It's Roarke's turn for a break this week but if there's a late injury he might still be the first choice to come in and we can rest him next week instead. It's not like they said he was injured.

He wasn’t poor last week and it looks like he has just been replaced by a better player.

Probably doesn’t deserve the omitted tag on last week so they go with managed

Pretty odd that it would be Roarkes turn for a rest after one game though.

Love the team. Gardiner still scares me. Hopefully we can keep this lineup and get Cordy back ASAP.
I have bagged Gardner in the past, but in fairness to him, with a bit of confidence, he might have a good game and improve from now on and become the next Sumich. who knows? Lake was pretty crap in the beginning...Also today is international day of the potato chip, and maybe that is why he was selected. He is a spud. Poor Gardner, the guy needs a good game to make us look really dumb. Go Garndner and have a blinder of a game and make us look silly!

Last edited:
Pretty odd that it would be Roarkes turn for a rest after one game though.
Agree. I was just saying it's not illogical to "manage" a player and still make him a break-glass emergency.

MD's probably on the money.

The lack of outrage for a changes thread, well it's an outrage.

Eight point game this one, never really got that as you only get four points for the win.

Are the MC and bigfooty Western Bulldogs almost in agreement, i feel an eerie sense of calm and stillness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back