Preview Changes vs Dogs not Suns (courtesy of loose lips Brayshaw) - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be against bringing in Lockhart as the small defender on weightman. Push Hibberd slightly higher up to take whichever of hunt/Bont that's playing half forward. I don't think Hibberd is tall enough to play on Bruce, but he might not be a terrible match up for ugle-hagan (without looking at their heights).

Knowing it's going to be slippery conditions, and I think the dogs will try getting the ball on quicker/lower and backing in their mid sized guys to get the ground ball.

That said, the issue with this game probably isn't in our defensive half. We can probably keep the dogs to a score around 70-75.

The obvious issue is if we can score that.

Dogs last 5 scores against 79, 79, 79, 43, 83. But our last 5scores for 79, 86, 55, 68, 63.

Taking all this into account, I think it's fair to say I have no ******* idea what is going to happen. Neither do sportsbet, who have $1.83 melb vs $2.01 dogs.

You sure showed me. From now on I will believe everything I read on the internet.

don't do that, just blindly follow me instead.

im pumped about this game tho, great that its this week and we get some closure either way on that performance on the weekend. Beats dreading playing Gold Coast this week in what would feel like a no win scenario. Sink or swim time.

The single most important home and away game since @ West Coast 3 years ago.

im pumped about this game tho, great that its this week and we get some closure either way on that performance on the weekend. Beats dreading playing Gold Coast this week in what would feel like a no win scenario. Sink or swim time.

Would be massive if we win, would only need to go 2-2 to make top four after that. Feeling much more confident against the Dogs than the Suns, this team is so weird.

The only way Viney in the midfield can work is if he becomes a genuine defensive midfielder. 10+ tackles a week, sets up defensive side, makes sure he’s first to react and run defensively if the other side win it.

That’s the role our team is lacking. At the moment he’s trying to out compete Trac and Oliver which is stupid because at least those two can break away from contests.

I don't think it gives us closure at all unless it is a demolition one way or another

If we lose by under a couple of goals do we really think it's all fallen apart? Similarly if we win by a goal or two the nay sayers will still be there

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Would be massive if we win, would only need to go 2-2 to make top four after that. Feeling much more confident against the Dogs than the Suns, this team is so weird.
Yeah I'm actually more confident v the Dogs than the Suns

Plus the Bulldogs haven't really been flying over the last month either

I don't think it gives us closure at all unless it is a demolition one way or another

If we lose by under a couple of goals do we really think it's all fallen apart? Similarly if we win by a goal or two the nay sayers will still be there

Id rather go into a finals campaign righting the ship against quality opposition than continuing to meander around a break even winning % over the second half of the season. To expect us to just flick the switch once its finals time is pretty ambitious.

Any win, big or small will quieten the naysayers. Absolutely.

Huge game, stop playing it down and hedging your bets. Accept it. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was managed in game last few weeks, playing 60-70% of games instead of usual 80-85%. If they weren't resting him then, they aren't resting him now.
Instead of the usual 80-85%??

He's literally played only 2 games this where where he's played over 80% mate..

He dead set needs a spell.

Last edited:
Id rather go into a finals campaign righting the ship against quality opposition than continuing to meander around a break even winning % over the second half of the season. To expect us to just flick the switch once its finals time is pretty ambitious.

Any win, big or small will quieten the naysayers. Absolutely.

Huge game, stop playing it down and hedging your bets. Accept it. ;)
We seem to be able to flick the switch v top teams and have all year

It's confusing

We seem to be able to flick the switch v top teams and have all year

It's confusing

This week should be no different then if you believe that

This week should be no different then if you believe that
yep

Every loss has been followed up with comprehensive victories v top 8 teams

7-0 v top 8 teams, I believe in that form line

yep

Every loss has been followed up with comprehensive victories v top 8 teams

7-0 v top 8 teams, I believe in that form line

Good to see you jump off the fence finally. 😘

I'm feeling pessimistic.

Picking and choosing when to pressure and run might eventually lead to the group thinking they will automatically be on against top teams. Plus I doubt the dogs will turn over the ball in the forward half as much as last time and we don't have much scoring wise apart from that.

The few flickers of good ball use compared either so many bombs doesn't have me feeling great. Hopefully it all turns around if the mindset goes from hunted to hunter and our entries come in over turnover.

Not saying you should drop him, but jeez on the couch showed how bad Salem's playing lately.

Apparently since round 11 he's gone from the number 2 rated defender to number 68.
His damage by foot is down 70% and his effectiveness in games is down 50%

Clubs have put work into him and he hasn't been able to handle it. Might be time to release him further up the field on a wing.

I'm feeling pessimistic.

Picking and choosing when to pressure and run might eventually lead to the group thinking they will automatically be on against top teams. Plus I doubt the dogs will turn over the ball in the forward half as much as last time and we don't have much scoring wise apart from that.

The few flickers of good ball use compared either so many bombs doesn't have me feeling great. Hopefully it all turns around if the mindset goes from hunted to hunter and our entries come in over turnover.
That's already happened. They were behind at half time against GWS and just thought they'd flick the switch, come back out and take the game over.

Campaigners have no reason to feel entitled to that mindset.

Good to see you jump off the fence finally.
I would have thought I have quite clearly not been sitting on the fence

Not saying you should drop him, but jeez on the couch showed how bad Salem's playing lately.

Apparently since round 11 he's gone from the number 2 rated defender to number 68.
His damage by foot is down 70% and his effectiveness in games is down 50%

Clubs have put work into him and he hasn't been able to handle it. Might be time to release him further up the field on a wing.
Put him on a wing and move Brayshaw or even possibly Langdon back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back