Preview Changes vs Essendon - Battle of the bastards, 17th v 18th - It's a Wag-vasion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else feel that mark-neeld era negativity seep into their blood streams since the jlt series? That warm feeling of hatred like the venom symbiote has taken possession of my very being.
Getting beaten by Essendon tomorrow night and being 0-3 just feels like the only logical conclusion. There cannot be any other path. Goody taking the piss at selection only fuels my anger.

Anyone else feel that mark-neeld era negativity seep into their blood streams since the jlt series? That warm feeling of hatred like the venom symbiote has taken possession of my very being.
Getting beaten by Essendon tomorrow night and being 0-3 just feels like the only logical conclusion. There cannot be any other path. Goody taking the piss at selection only fuels my anger.

Nah Mark Neeld era made me feel numb more than anything. It was hard to be angry or disappointed when the expectation was so low.

Shuffling the chairs on the titanic but at least we brought in C Wagner to play forward, he wasn’t even that bad in round 1. Sparrow can develop in the VFL for the rest of the year playing on the ball.
Didn’t the other Wagner kick a couple of goals against Sydney a few years back?

All is not lost (yet) I guess

We're not going to see dramatic improvement by making wholesale changes. The team we have in at the moment is just about the closest we've got to our best available, it's just that so many of them our out of form/down on match fitness. Best place for them to get it back isn't in the VFL, they just need to find it before they flame our season.

We're not going to see dramatic improvement by making wholesale changes. The team we have in at the moment is just about the closest we've got to our best available, it's just that so many of them our out of form/down on match fitness. Best place for them to get it back isn't in the VFL, they just need to find it before they flame our season.

Yep, I’m actually behind the Wagners coming in because they give us better structure than other ins IMO.

Yep, I’m actually behind the Wagners coming in because they give us better structure than other ins IMO.
Yeah, Corey was a long way from our worst in Rd1, and probably should have played last week. While if we're going to pick between Josh and Hore, Josh is probably as good a defender as what Hore showed in Rd 1, but he gets free and takes the game on a lot more ... tho thats not commenting on what he actually does with it ...

Yeah, Corey was a long way from our worst in Rd1, and probably should have played last week. While if we're going to pick between Josh and Hore, Josh is probably as good a defender as what Hore showed in Rd 1, but he gets free and takes the game on a lot more ... tho thats not commenting on what he actually does with it ...
I actually liked Corey's game round 1, was surprised he lost his spot the next week.

I actually liked Corey's game round 1, was surprised he lost his spot the next week.
You still get surprised by the weekly wtf changes that happen? Another thing are we the worst at playing our young blokes in positions they werent drafted in? Geelong have 4 blokes all playing in their preferred position and holy * they play alright who would have thought

Sorry to intrude - just wondering who has been taking most of the kick-ins for you guys? Salem, Hibberd or someone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on? Our defence has been pathetic all year an last week put up one of the worst performances of all time. I'm fine with Wagner coming in. Might not be polished but he will have a crack an he will try some kicks into the corridor.

Literally any player on our list would have done more than Sparrow as a small forward.

Come on? Our defence has been pathetic all year an last week put up one of the worst performances of all time. I'm fine with Wagner coming in. Might not be polished but he will have a crack an he will try some kicks into the corridor.

Literally any player on our list would have done more than Sparrow as a small forward.
Plus Wagner last year early on covered the most ground for us which is something we need so im fine with him coming in over Hore

I also think there hasn't been anywhere near enough questions about why Sparrow was played as a small forward. Young inside midfielders aren't going to come in an play well as a small forward. It was a horrible decision. I understand that with Hannan, Garlett, AVB an even JKH out that we have nothing there but I would still pick anyone else almost on our list to play there

I also think there hasn't been anywhere near enough questions about why Sparrow was played as a small forward. Young inside midfielders aren't going to come in an play well as a small forward. It was a horrible decision. I understand that with Hannan, Garlett, AVB an even JKH out that we have nothing there but I would still pick anyone else almost on our list to play there
Said that above its no wonder other teams young blokes look good from the get go cause they get played in their preferred position. Surely we could have let Sparrow have a go at atleast a couple centre bounces. Or just ******* pick C Wag again or Bedford or move Jones forward and play Baker on the wing. Its not always about picking best 22 players especially if 80% of them prefer playing inside. I dont get our team selection every week

This is the type of questions journos should be asking instead of fellating the coaches.

I don't mind these changes but it's the senior blokes that need to step up so the fringe players can come in and do their job. I thought Corey Wagner was ok in round 1 had the team been better prepared and he probably keeps his spot. Can't be good for your confidence if you're in and out of the team all the time. Hopefully this week we'll settle.

When was the last time a team had two sets of brothers playing? I think the last time we had two sets was maybe 98 when we had both febeys and alex and junior Mcdonalds. Although who knows if they ever played in the same game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back