Shane_Mag

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel United, Man United, LA Lakers
Would have liked Clurey and another tall forward but I trust in who we have brought in to do their job.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
swap clurey for mitchell and im a lot happier. question ken...what happens if lobbe gets injured? westhoff will go to ruck and our defence is full of short people!!

the continual selection of mitchell, the selection of gray over newton and yound last week, the constant overlooking of Logan, all these things are making me not like the stubborn nature of our coach.

honeymoon is definitely over.

im the last person to want butcher in this team, but even he could have played the loose man in defence role this week,

Jun 10, 2009
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
All I can say is hopefully Clurey is a late in and Young better not be the ****ing sub again. We'll be screwed if any of non-short people get injured. Not playing Shaw is pretty conservative stuff.

itisnt2hard

Cancelled
Aug 8, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
swap clurey for mitchell and im a lot happier. question ken...what happens if lobbe gets injured? westhoff will go to ruck and our defence is full of short people!!

the continual selection of mitchell, the selection of gray over newton and yound last week, the constant overlooking of Logan, all these things are making me not like the stubborn nature of our coach.

im the last person to want butcher in this team, but even he could have played the loose man in defence role this week,
Dont need him.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
True, it couldn't have helped. But I'm really thinking of his kicking issues - I'm assuming the coaches want him confident and dominating at SANFL level before giving him an extended run at AFL level. I can't think of any other reason given we desperately need another tall.

Sammy Gray's a footballers footballer
he's gunna get better
You are a bad bad man sometimes Powerade 08 but i do agree. Coobk001 is making the most sense here me thinks after selection. Watson being out of the middle would have made a difference to our line up as well. Our game plan will be win the ball from the middle and kick on the run from outside 50. We dont have to worry about any one looking after Watson which will certainly free up our run. We will be to slick for the bummers. Good chance to see what we have when missing a few keys. The closer we get to finals, the less the unforced changes will be. Too late for try outs now unless injury forced.

Salient point
like #22 tho

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bishes pls

kern.jpeg

BIG MATTY WHITE

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2013
sydney2newzealand
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I know there is angst amonst the selections

But if you sit down and think about it...really think about it...

Can you really be angry at ken?

I mean we have lost 3 games this season and sitting second only by % after all

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies

Outstanding post
Butcher's field kicking is vvvvvery good
yep I'm serious!
he's more than a gangling gawk

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There are two silly arguments I'd like to deal with here.

Firstly the "I trust Kern" brigade.

I trust Kern because he's consistently made good decisions about our football side. This selection is a bad decision. He doesn't have a free ride to make bad decisions without being called out on it.
Please stop acting like you know more then Ken... If we destroy essendon and each one of the selections play well i don't think it will be a "bad decision" then

The problem is that the team selected would get found out in the pressure cooker environment of finals...but we're not playing finals. We're playing Essendon. But honestly, I don't have a problem with an experimental lineup. Press up high and suffocate the ball carrier, then rebound out of defense into attack. Simples.

The way I see it, it's going to be spectacular either way on Saturday night. I can't wait.

itisnt2hard

Cancelled
Aug 8, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Outstanding post
Butcher's field kicking is vvvvvery good
yep I'm serious!
he's more than a gangling gawk
I might have started a thread round abouts 12 months ago suggesting exactly the same Byrons. I dont know what happened to it but i do remember being bombarded with ridicule. You are right. Think the badgers must have consumed the thread in the mean time. I agree with your post.

Please stop acting like you know more then Ken.

No one's doing that, and continually interpreting people as doing that pretty much belies the entire concept of a discussion forum.

Mar 9, 2014
Madelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken and the selection panel have made many WTF selections IMHO over the last couple of years.
You know what? I'd prefer them making the selection decisions than us Big Footy Power supporters. They are looking at a big picture - they'll be the ones living and dying by their decisions. Maybe we won't profit this year from their decisions but if they snag us a premiership in the next few years i'll be ecstatic!

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
The problem is that the team selected would get found out in the pressure cooker environment of finals...but we're not playing finals. We're playing Essendon. But honestly, I don't have a problem with an experimental lineup. Press up high and suffocate the ball carrier, then rebound out of defense into attack. Simples.

The way I see it, it's going to be spectacular either way on Saturday night. I can't wait.

Me neither
and for the
same reasons

us on centre stage
lights
action

:D

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
I might have started a thread round abouts 12 months ago suggesting exactly the same Byrons. I dont know what happened to it but i do remember being bombarded with ridicule. You are right. Think the badgers must have consumed the thread in the mean time. I agree with your post.

:hearts:

itisnt2hard

Cancelled
Aug 8, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
See, you lost me right there. Is AFL no longer a sport where the ball is contested in the air?
Contested ball time in a game of football is much higher and time consuming at ground level than contested in the air. Always has been and always will be. Be the same this week to. It is contested in the air but to a much smaller stat now than years gone by when it was kick to position and man on man. Just watch any game this weekend they are all the same.

No one's doing that, and continually interpreting people as doing that pretty much belies the entire concept of a discussion forum.

Lol yep. By that logic we may as well shut down the entire site.

I remember getting similarly called out when I dared to question Brett Ebert's relevance to our side when the then infallible son of Fos felt it a good idea to base our entire forward line around the aforementioned COO of the Lollipop Guild.

What's the point of the entire industry if we the punter cannot opine?

Edgepower

All Australian
May 31, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am surprised by the selections to be honest but I am not upset. Obviously Ken and the Match Committee know more than us. I just personally like the idea of big guys dominating and would love to see Clurey and Butch / Shaw carve up and do well. but the coaching team obviously have a master plan and see more for Mitch than we do. wonder of they will upgrade him at the end of the year as they have put so much time into him.
I will be happy as long as we win and play good hard exciting footy that we have this year. V Happy.
Go Power.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
ahh my favourites didnt get picked, gold passes...... kens a campaigner, grrrr

we will be alright. young a full game, mitchell as the sub again he did ok last week.

trust hombsch jonas and oshea to take care down back, will be a wet slippery dewey night anyway.

While we may match up well with Essendon, it's so damn unsettling to see 2 KPDs go out and be replaced by 1 HBF.

Pretty much.

Putting the whole "Essendon have gone in small so" thing to one side, would we have dropped a fit Carlile and/or Trengove because they haven't selected Bellchambers?

Back