Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
It depends on injuries but Talia is out if Hamling or Roberts are fit. He just made a few too many mistakes. I'd also go Dale for Webb or Hamilton since he looked cooked by the end of the game and is due a rest.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Prudden for Webb
Roughy for Campbell. (Good week to try him as #1 ruck if fit)

Dale sub

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tough week for changes.

I'd probably take Dale out despite a good second half. He's not in our best 22 (yet) and we need to get closer to the side that we need to have for the final month or so. Campbell played well in the second half too but Roughy needs to play first ruck as the current tall setup we have is probably the most effective we have.

Roberts comes straight back in. Talia too much undersized for Daniher. Hooker is also playing some good footy up forward at the moment so we might need an extra tall defender.

Ins
Roberts, Roughy (perfect week to give him main ruck duties)

Outs
Prudden, Campbell (both unlucky)

Possibly Talia out for Hamling as well.

BRG93

The Beacon of BigFooty
Artist Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014
Aug 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have been told Rough will be a couple of weeks out, Had soreness in his foot during the week so club not risking him.... Hamling and Roberts should be right to go according to Bevo

In: Roberts & Hamling
Out: Talia & Dale (Team Balance)

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd want both Roberts and Hamling back in but I'm not sure how I feel about having both our key position backs coming back with in same game after both not having played a game for a few weeks.

In
Hamling, Roberts, Webb

Out
Taila, Dale, Prudden

If Roughead is fit he comes in for Campbell

Have been told Rough will be a couple of weeks out, Had soreness in his foot during the week so club not risking him.... Hamling and Roberts should be right to go according to Bevo

In: Roberts & Hamling
Out: Talia & Dale (Team Balance)
This, assuming they are fit. :thumbsu:
Prudden stays.

Tom Boyd ? The more he plays the better he will get .
Also provides a valuable chop out in the ruck
Agree that redpath is poor as a second ruckman, but Essendon don't even have one, let alone 2. So I'd be comfortable sticking with just Campbell this week (assuming roughie's still out).

I'd like to see Webb come back in for prudden, and see Dale get a rest as well. Yes, prudden played well, but Webb is a borderline elite young talent that I want in the 22 as much as possible.

Speaking of Dale looking cooked, Boyd was in last weeks. An extra game in VFL will be good for him anyway for confidence just like any other youngster. There's nothing wrong for him not to be rushed iin.

If hamling and Roberts are fit:

Out - talia
In - Roberts

Out - dale
In - hamling

Out - prudden
In - Webb

With Webb, Boyd, JJ, wood and Biggs, we can continue to play murph more up the ground.

Fb: wood Roberts Morris
Hb: Boyd hamling JJ
C: murph Wallis macrae
Hf: Dickson Crameri hunter
Ff: stringer redpath Daniel
R: campbell bonti dal
Ic: picken, Webb, grant, Biggs

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No matter who comes in or out we just need another tall defender. Cale Hooker is probably the most in-form tall marking player in the league.

Not sure who comes out. One of Grant, Dale, or Prudden perhaps. None of ghem deserve it though.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We keep winning the games i expect us to lose and losing the
games i expect us to win, so in saying that i don't have a clue
i watched Essendon Vs Port our next two opponents and neither
one of them genuinely controlled the game. I doubt either team
will just hand it to us on a platter like Collingwood did and they
will look to exploit our weaknesses.:confused:

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
yep need another kpd. cant have wood playing tall ever again. need him to zone off

in, roberts
out, dale

Out: prudden
In: Webb

Not because Prudden has been bad but because Webb was a dead-set gun earlier and I don't understand leaving him in the 2s

Other than that, depends on injuries.

womble54

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If hamling and Roberts are fit:

Out - talia
In - Roberts

Out - dale
In - hamling

Out - prudden
In - Webb

With Webb, Boyd, JJ, wood and Biggs, we can continue to play murph more up the ground.

Fb: wood Roberts Morris
Hb: Boyd hamling JJ
C: murph Wallis macrae
Hf: Dickson Crameri hunter
Ff: stringer redpath Daniel
R: campbell bonti dal
Ic: picken, Webb, grant, Biggs

Times two. It's the logical way to go for me. I would make Daniel the sub though after a tough game this week.

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out Talia
In anyone

Players who I'd like to see are: Webb, T Boyd, Roberts, maybe Hamling and an early season Jong.

Talia out forever. Open clearance. Hate the way he plays, hate the way he thinks about the game

Dale looked tired but I'd like to see him stay. Poor man's WHE.

Prudden was much better but I think we have players who offer more upside like Webb.

So

Out: Talia, Prudden, Redpath & Campbell (but I don't expect him to be dropped)
In: Roberts, Webb, Boyd

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
Out Talia
In anyone

Players who I'd like to see are: Webb, T Boyd, Roberts, maybe Hamling and an early season Jong.

Talia out forever. Open clearance. Hate the way he plays, hate the way he thinks about the game

Dale looked tired but I'd like to see him stay. Poor man's WHE.

Prudden was much better but I think we have players who offer more upside like Webb.

So

Out: Talia, Prudden, Redpath & Campbell (but I don't expect him to be dropped)
In: Roberts, Webb, Boyd

Why does Redpath deserve to be dropped?

Pannalstaroz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why does Redpath deserve to be dropped?
Got tackled way too much and if he's going to position himself as the hit up forward, he needs to kick it better IMO. I thought he was poorer watching the replay than I thought live. He may not get dropped, but he needed to be better tonight than he was. He literally got the game of his dreams - an open forward line to lead into and he returned 1.2. Thought he should have been better. He's unlikely to get those suitable conditions again.

Back