Prediction Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because Jong is likely to be leaving he is being used as canon fodder pre finals - he certainly cops a lot of hits. He may get injured or simply get dropped for finals, I certainly hope he is dropped for finals, but who knows?

Stringer is one of our elites. Part of our future, if he can learn something from being dropped that is terrific. In any case, he can just as easily find form against EFC's or another VFL team IMO.

Not just Jong mate

Dickson stunk it up for weeks and still isn't good great.

Biggs had a few poor weeks.

Toyd hasn't done much.

As I said no problem with him getting dropped(at te same time don't agree with it) but one rule for all mate that's what I'm saying.

Dickson has been putrid and is scared. Has kicked less goals and had less effect on games and keeps playing and hasn't been injured like Jakey.

Please explain???

That means is he rested or is he dropped, don't bullshit the fans.
I don't even like Stringer, but to drop him before the trip to West
Australia next week seems like poor timing as it would have made
more sense to rest him for the Freo game and then have the bye
so a solid two weeks rest for his shoulder. It is obvious he has
been playing hurt for weeks and the MC had no problem with it
at that stage. I hope you can understand this and it's not to
complex for you.

lol, dafuq? So the fans are being bullshitted but not lied to? :drunk:

Mate, for the last bloody time, he doesn't need a rest, he just needs a change of attitude.

You do realise your previous posts still exist right? Perhaps you should read them again as they completely contradict what you are now saying.
I suggest next time before you post stop, take a deep breath, a think about what you are trying to say. Then when you feel ready google "how to construct a clear, concise and coherent sentence" then go for it.

Best of luck :thumbsu:

Unfortunately for some it is obsessive compulsive behavior to bag our players. Jong must be doing something right to get games. And clearly he is with continuos improvement each week. Such is life I guess.
Was really good last week Jong. Kicked 2 vital goals ( 40+ out, on the run) which had a huge impact on the final result.
If Jake had kicked those 2 on the run, we wouldn't ha e stopped talking about what a match winner he was.

Not just Jong mate

Toyd hasn't done much.

As I said no problem with him getting dropped(at te same time don't agree with it) but one rule for all mate that's what I'm saying.

Dickson has been putrid and is scared. Has kicked less goals and had less effect on games and keeps playing and hasn't been injured like Jakey.

Please explain???

My only explanation is that the gap between Jakes best and worst is too great. He plays near his best he could win us finals. Because we are out of soldiers and can't drop all of our ordinary players maybe Bev is working on possible best bang for buck?

Our best is really good enough this season but with injuries it becomes perhaps too steep.
I continue to hope macrae, liber and Adams become available and we somehow win the first final - and it's game on.

The concerns re Jong, Dickson, Clay are fair but what is expressed is a kind of shrewish despair completely out of touch with reality.

All those 3 are giving their all and contributing in all the team acts. Stringer is not . It maybe partly injury but it's certainly predates his injury.

Stringer is a prodigious talent who has taken a backward step from his potential.

We can not win finals without him in some kind of form. And we cannot be beaten if he were to find something approaching his potential.

We all want to see his best desperately. How that is acheived is another thing. I have sympathy for him and the MC.

Grasping your destiny/ talent is a big thing. May the force be with you Jake!

The Jake Stringer story will always be one of drama, peaks and troughs, highlights and lowlights.

He is just that sort of character.

I can't wait to see him back to his best as I can't recall enjoying my footy more than when Jake is on fire.

lol, dafuq? So the fans are being bullshitted but not lied to? :drunk:

Mate, for the last bloody time, he doesn't need a rest, he just needs a change of attitude.

You do realise your previous posts still exist right? Perhaps you should read them again as they completely contradict what you are now saying.
I suggest next time before you post stop, take a deep breath, a think about what you are trying to say. Then when you feel ready google "how to construct a clear, concise and coherent sentence" then go for it.

Best of luck :thumbsu:
I humbly accept your victory, you can assume the throne just make sure
you flush it and maybe spray a little air freshener around. He has been
playing hurt which further affects his ability to physically impact games
and i would have left him out for the eight hours of flying next week not
this week. We will see if he plays VFL, but you are right it is a mistake
to post when you are angry.

All the best to you.:thumbsu:

Don't think Dickson will be best 22 next year. Hope he proves me wrong tomorrow.
Boyd is going to have to play out of his skin tomorrow for our forward line to be some what functional and to keep the moron opposition supporters at bay.

Haha we played a junk footy team and struggled to get over the line and your boasting about it??

Even Jongs best fan will admit he struggled this year for a long time and Dickson was putrid for weeks. My comment wasn't about how shite Jong is(and he is shite that's not an argument) it was about how many chances some blokes get as opposed to others.

Dropping Stringer when he has played injured and admittedly hasn't been great wouldn't bother me if the rules applied to everyone.

Oh and if you wanna type out results

Bulldogs 9.6.60
StKilda 11.9.75

Jong 9 clangers in the first half
#1 worst game of football any dog has played this year(or probably for ten years)

Do you not think that maybe the coach is being tougher on Jake than anybody else (like your favourites) because he has so much talent and is not delivering?

Maybe the coach demands higher standards from some players?

Not everybody is blessed with Jake's level of ability, so if you've got a semi-talented kid who is trying his guts out and giving 100 per cent every week, clearly he will be judged differently to Jake and Bont.

As for Jong, I give up. Clearly he's got photos of you or something.

Cant understand the school girl hysteria by some on here, Stringer has to learn that he can't choose when he brings effort or not... Win lose or draw no individual is bigger than the team not even the package.
So when people disagree with you or the match committee's decision its schoolgirl hysteria?

This is the weakest team the bulldogs have picked in a long long time.

We have one full-time forward in the team.

Our half forward line is Lin Jong, Zaine Cordy, and Clay Smith.

This seriously worries nobody else?

I dont care what opposition we have. How are the coaches or anyone on the match committee meant to look at the supporters or the media with a straight face and say we're gearing up for a finals campaign when this is what we're selecting?

So when people disagree with you or the match committee's decision its schoolgirl hysteria?

I dont care what opposition we have. How are the coaches or anyone on the match committee meant to look at the supporters or the media with a straight face and say we're gearing up for a finals campaign when this is what we're selecting?
That half forward line sounds alright.
Jong is in excellent form and along with Bont was a match winner last week,will probably spend more time in the midfield than forward though.
Cordy has looked very good and shown some real aggression up forward. He is going to be a ripper player.
Clay was probably a little quiet last week but his form before his concussion was promising. He's due a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, if they were going to drop someone before the finals you don't wait until two games before the finals. Now is not the time for experiments or player learning, now is the time to settle your team and get the combinations settled. What happens now if Stringer plays poorly for Footscray, what do you do? What can he learn in two matches anyway. Just a recipe for disaster when you are hoping everything is miraculously be ok.

That half forward line sounds alright.
Jong is in excellent form and along with Bont was a match winner last week,will probably spend more time in the midfield than forward though.
Cordy has looked very good and shown some real aggression up forward. He is going to be a ripper player.
Clay was probably a little quiet last week but his form before his concussion was promising. He's due a big game.

Hahahha. Your just writing utter garbage now to troll

Lol excellent form ? Yeah for a potato he is going very well

Do you not think that maybe the coach is being tougher on Jake than anybody else (like your favourites) because he has so much talent and is not delivering?

Maybe the coach demands higher standards from some players?

Not everybody is blessed with Jake's level of ability, so if you've got a semi-talented kid who is trying his guts out and giving 100 per cent every week, clearly he will be judged differently to Jake and Bont.

As for Jong, I give up. Clearly he's got photos of you or something.

Sorry mate you can't treat players differently simply coz they have differing abilities.

50% of Jong is better than 100% of Dickson

Again I'm not arguing the dropping in arguing the inequality.

Stringer has been better than Dickson

Stevens was BOG two weeks before getting dropped.

Mino comes in and plays ok and get dropped after one crack.

Seems there's rules for some and none for others.

It will be fascinating to see how Jake goes in the VFL, both in attitude and impact.

And what if he stinks it up?

It's not easy for some blokes to play at a lower level

Do we leave him in the VFL just to prove a point while far inferior footy players play in front of him ?

It's ok to send messages but this close to finals is dangerous

And what if Jake drops his bundle?? Yeah some of you blokes will go who cares he can go then! Lol some blokes need to be stroked and loved and others don't and using them as a message doesn't sit well with some blokes and you lose them.

Do we leave him in the VFL just to prove a point while far inferior footy players play in front of him ?

And what if Jake drops his bundle?? Yeah some of you blokes will go who cares he can go then! Lol some blokes need to be stroked and loved and others don't and using them as a message doesn't sit well with some blokes and you lose them.
Hearing things about stringer wanting out? Been a few things said on here but I've just put them down to mindless bigfooty rumours..

Hahahha. Your just writing utter garbage now to troll

Lol excellent form ? Yeah for a potato he is going very well
Umm,I mentioned 3 players that another poster mentioned but I'll assume your going on about Jong again. Thought he's been pretty good,last week excellent. This might come as a shock but some people like some players because they play for our club. I'm not sure people 'like' players to troll or to get up your nose,you just seem to let it.

Not just Jong mate

Toyd hasn't done much.

Please explain???

Pretty simple difference between all the players you named and stringer, those named above work hard and give everything they have yes Dickson may be out of form and toyd and Biggs and Jong let themselves down by skill or decisions.

Stringer has been lazy, has not worked hard enough and refuses to lead up wants cheap over the back goals. He's dropped to fix his attitude, the guys you named above don't need their attitudes fixed.

There is in no way rules for one but not for others

Hearing things about stringer wanting out? Been a few things said on here but I've just put them down to mindless bigfooty rumours..

No I haven't heard a thing about him wanting out myself.

IMO he doesn't seem the type that will like being dropped when blokes around him are so far inferior to him they shouldn't even be paying with him.

That's just my take but I know the personality

Without a doubt he is not back to the vfl to kick 10 he is back there to work hard and do the 1%ers

As soon as he puts effort in and works his arse off he will be straight back in.

Stringers form will improve the moment he starts to work hard both ways that's when he is at his best

Pretty simple difference between all the players you named and stringer, those named above work hard and give everything they have yes Dickson may be out of form and toyd and Biggs and Jong let themselves down by skill or decisions.

Stringer has been lazy, has not worked hard enough and refuses to lead up wants cheap over the back goals. He's dropped to fix his attitude, the guys you named above don't need their attitudes fixed.

There is in no way rules for one but not for others

He refuses to lead up because he doesn't want contact coz his AC is screwed.

Even though he was out of form he was leading up before the injury.

The dogs played him when any idiot just watching him could see he was carrying the arm so now don't punish him(or anyone) cos you threw them to the wolves before they were ready.

And if you think Dickson has a crack and puts his body on the line your watching a different bloke to me, he is the new Highins peaheart scared of his own shadow.

Umm,I mentioned 3 players that another poster mentioned but I'll assume your going on about Jong again. Thought he's been pretty good,last week excellent. This might come as a shock but some people like some players because they play for our club. I'm not sure people 'like' players to troll or to get up your nose,you just seem to let it.

Garbage I can't stand weak people like you.

You have trailed me for weeks commenting against lost things I saw and pumping the spud up so at least be honest and don't sook.

And he isn't excellent he was ok but I guess for his ability a below average player he was excellent.

He plays an ok game and people like you turn it to excellent lol

Cannot wait til he goes to another club I'm chucking a friggin party

He refuses to lead up because he doesn't want contact coz his AC is screwed.

Even though he was out of form he was leading up before the injury.

The dogs played him when any idiot just watching him could see he was carrying the arm so now don't punish him(or anyone) cos you threw them to the wolves before they were ready.

And if you think Dickson has a crack and puts his body on the line your watching a different bloke to me, he is the new Highins peaheart scared of his own shadow.

So a shoulder injury stops a bloke running?

Stringer hasn't been leading up all season he has wanted to stand at the back and out body his opponent all year

the match committee have got this one spot on and it's an attitude adjustment.

Dickson runs hard both ways stringer doesn't, I said earlier in this thread if stringer was just avoiding contact then I could cop that with the ? Over his shoulder but the footage of his jogging from the backline to the wing calling for the ball then just standing there cause he didn't get it is attitude and just one of many examples where he won't run and has next to zero workrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back