Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladams back thank god now , now time to repay the faith lad .

Ebert even if is no better then suctliff is still port royalty so I can accept it way better then baldy lol

Please please play bonner anywhere but defence, he can still make it as a afl player just not mentally right for defence atm but him up forward or wing and get his confidence up

Dont know how anyone can give Ebert flack. Puts his head into every contest literally which is why he gets concussed more often. Port Adelaide through and through. A mature strong body whos tackles actually stick compared to other forward options motlop farrell etc.

Watch his aggression and overhead ability vs hawks. We need a player like him in finals where the pressure is hot and a calm head needed not flakey sh*t the bed inconsistent types.
Ebert's problem is he is a see ball get ball type player with poor peripheral vision. That's ok in the mid field where you have to win the hard ball, but he's been given these forwardline roles this year and too many times he has been running away from goal, a teammate is going towards goal and his see ball get ball mentality means he is competing against a teammate for the ball rather than blocking the oppo and letting his teammate get the ball and run onto goal. It usually means an unnecessary turnover or ball up. He tries too hard rather than trying smartly.

oh yay bonner and motlop in the same side

And Farrell.

To think, that none of these three have made the most of their repeated opportunities in the team this year, yet we still haven't had one single look at Drew, Garner, Bergman, Atley or Mead this year.

Is Ken really leaving the door wide open to the whole of our list to get selected?

If Motlop got even close to half that many tackles a game I couldn't give a stuff how many possessions he has, as he would clearly be involved in the play and the touches would naturally come in time.
I think this is why Sutcliffe stays in the side. People say he doesn't offer much, but he does a lot of the grind work.

Motlop and Farrell do SFA defensively and they either get a lot of the ball or bugger all, but have X factor, so Sutcliffe is in there to cover their do nothing defensive acts if they have a do nothing / gone missing type game.

Will be a wet day so bigger fellas may not have the same influence but still happy that we have gone with the tall set up we have which we will have for finals haven't seen enough of it this year.
Always been a ebert fan for his commitment and leadership so hope he can stay fit and play finals.
Bonner has had enough chances but gets one more due to Burton's injury.

Garner should have played but otherwise OK.

With Butters and Burton (assuming fit) certain inclusions for the first final, the following players have the chance to claim a spot:

Forwards: Motlop, Ebert, Farrell- not only is Butters coming in for the first final but Georgiades and Woodcock are waiting in the wings.

Defenders: Bonner has a chance to audition. If he succeeds, when Burton comes back, Houston moves to the midfield. If he fails, Burton just comes in for him. If he has a stinker, Mayes will get a crack against Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people are spewing over Bonner being selected again ... But if you check every scratch-match report, he is always mentioned as playing a cut above the other contenders. I mean, we can whinge and moan all we like, but if the other lads arent putting their hands up, & he continues to outshine them in scratchies & training, then he rightfully gets the gig!

We just are not hearing that the others are beating the doors down to get selected.

I know people are spewing over Bonner being selected again ... But if you check every scratch-match report, he is always mentioned as playing a cut above the other contenders. I mean, we can whinge and moan all we like, but if the other lads arent putting their hands up, & he continues to outshine them in scratchies & training, then he rightfully gets the gig!

We just are not hearing that the others are beating the doors down to get selected.

although thats pretty hard to take other than with a pinch of salt. as we cant see the games.

Thank * Sutcliffe is out. People have moaned over the years about Bonner, S Gray, Neade, Cochrane, Kingsley etc. Everyone of those guys had something going for them. A skill. An ability to win the ball. Some speed. Perceived potential. Whatever. Cam has no attributes at all. Nothing against the guy, but what conceivable reason could we have for picking him? It's the single greatest selection WTF in our history for mine.

If Mayes isn't putting his hand up then why is he listed as the 1st best and Lienert is 4th best?

Wonder what the knock is on woodcock? has to be more to it?
Plays a position of a genuine crumber we dont have. is a point of difference in the forward line and doesnt go missing for quarters at a time.
Bit of rain about would be ideal to.

Suspect defensive pressure / nous is missing as when he was playing opposition teams were at times waltzing the ball out of our forward line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Changes since last time we met

Out: S Gray, Ryder, Sutcliffe, Broadbent, Westhoff, Butters
in: Ebert, Lycett, Motlop, Farrell, Wines, Mackenzie

Just finished watching a replay of last years game and even though Port had a huge win, Bonner was still poor!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back