Preview Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
For me round 1 2021 play Jackson.

Players can perform very well against former clubs and Brown has played well enough to deserve a shot against his former team.
- It is a pity the club don't get the ball into his hands more. Very good set shot and makes very good decisions.

I am not against bringing in T.McDonald though at worst for display to get a trade done (I would take Kelly from Giants for him for example .....).

We've had enough weeks of wholesale changes. Only looking at Nev and maybe Hunt (who was quiet again) for Lockhart and Hannan.

Would love to see Hore and Bennell as options too, but with everything on the line I think we need players who've had a decent amount of exposure this year.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
IN - Lockhart, Hannan, Hibberd

Out - Jetta (if injured), ANB, Melksham.

Lockhart a good swap for Jetta if he doesn't get up. Hard to make an argument Melbourne aren't a better side with Hannan and Hibberd replacing ANB and Melksham (on this year's form).
Slightly concerned that Silly Simon will do something moronic like play Melksham defensive forward on Saad, which would be like asking Eric the Eel to tag Ian Thorpe in a game of water polo.

Why do people keep trying to bring TMac into the side? At any rate I wouldn’t be playing Jackson, Brown has shown more than enough to keep playing and it would be a risk bringing Jackson in off no practice match football in a must win game.

Hibberd for Jetta, and could drop one or two of Hunt, ANB, vandenBerg and Melksham. Actually maybe Jackson deserves a spot more than those four. Lockhart could come back too and release Salem and Rivers to play further up the ground. Not opposed to seeing Harmes play up forward. Sparrow probably a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
For me round 1 2021 play Jackson.

Players can perform very well against former clubs and Brown has played well enough to deserve a shot against his former team.
- It is a pity the club don't get the ball into his hands more. Very good set shot and makes very good decisions.

I am not against bringing in T.McDonald though at worst for display to get a trade done (I would take Kelly from Giants for him for example .....).

Mate every game he's playing ATM his value is going down. If anyone actually wants him I wouldn't be against putting him away

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
If anyone actually wants him I wouldn't be against putting him away
Hawthorn supporters talk about Sam Frost like he's Alex Rance. Saw a post on their board saying he's going to be their KPF for the next decade... He'll be a sprightly 37 years old by that stage. :tearsofjoy:.

Maybe Freo would like to see if they can emulate the Hogan/ McDonald combo we had working a couple of years ago.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hawthorn supporters talk about Sam Frost like he's Alex Rance. Saw a post on their board saying he's going to be their KPF for the next decade... He'll be a sprightly 37 years old by that stage. :tearsofjoy:.

Maybe Freo would like to see if they can emulate the Hogan/ McDonald combo we had working a couple of years ago.
Just wondering which of the 6 disposals (Inc 2 kicks) Hawks fans liked the most last week?

Or maybe the 8 disposal, 4 turnover premier game the week prior..

Decisions decisions...

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neal-Bullen's flying shot from 50 out when we had men open everywhere inside 50 that was marked on the line nearly broke me

Who the fu** does he think he is taking that shot? Trac?

Play within your limits, Alex
If he played within his limits, he would be a fan favourite. Does so much right, then *s it up with skill errors and turnovers.

But same errors and brain fades at 24 as he made 5 years ago.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep, has been okay the last few weeks but just doesn't have any weapons for a half forward.

As a defender, you'd love playing on him. Strikes fear into precisely nobody.

He will be gone back to Adelaide at the end of the year anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back