Preview Changes vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neal-Bullen's flying shot from 50 out when we had men open everywhere inside 50 that was marked on the line nearly broke me

Who the fu** does he think he is taking that shot? Trac?

Play within your limits, Alex

I wasn't sure about this last week and couldn't be bothered going back and rewatching it. Did he take a shot or just muff another pass? Would not be surprised if he was trying to pass it.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
ANB is clearly a coaches favourite. They love his forward pressure and I suspect he’ll continue to get games. I’d probably have Harmes or Hannan in front of him. Particularly if they decided to play Harmes forward instead of defence.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wasn't sure about this last week and couldn't be bothered going back and rewatching it. Did he take a shot or just muff another pass? Would not be surprised if he was trying to pass it.
He took a shot I'm bored so I found it was about the 8 minute mark of the second quarter.
Screenshot_20200918-110749.png

Bullen about to receive ball on the boundary line. Langdon working his ass off to get in the forward line.
20200918_110917.png

As he takes the kick you can see Langdon is now in a great position.
Screenshot_20200918-110754.png

Also another two players looking in space completely burnt.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's fu**en garbage.

Was a key moment in the game and I believe it went down the other end for a goal?

Such a dumb player
Could have kicked it to the fat side or at least into space in the pocket for pickett but decided to be a hero. Look at Richmond no doubt a constagner or someone would have instantly looked in for a target. That's the difference they have average players that do team things we have average players doing average things.

As he takes the kick you can see Langdon is now in a great position.

As much as I love Langdon's work ethic, I'd probably rather ANB take that shot than give it to Ed 40m out straight in front! Fritsch is probably the player he should have been looking for there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
As much as I love Langdon's work ethic, I'd probably rather ANB take that shot than give it to Ed 40m out straight in front! Fritsch is probably the player he should have been looking for there.
Perhaps still the principal is still there he had plenty of options and didn't take them. I know Langdon isn't the best kick had that shocker against Sydney mind you it was extremely wet. I don't think his set shots are that bad to completely burn. Fritta hasn't been the most reliable either. Anyway I wouldn't mind who takes it he still should have passed it.

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neal-Bullen's flying shot from 50 out when we had men open everywhere inside 50 that was marked on the line nearly broke me

Who the fu** does he think he is taking that shot? Trac?

Play within your limits, Alex

I bloody lost it when that happened. Nearly spilled my beer.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
If he's fit why not it's a must win game. If we were safe would rest him of course but I don't think he's rushed they always said round 18 return.
I tend to agree. The more games with something actually on the line he plays, the better long term he will be. I'd replace Brown with Jackson. Let's be honest, we're not making finals anyway, so I'd rather watch Jackson running around if fit rather than Brown.

If he's fit why not it's a must win game. If we were safe would rest him of course but I don't think he's rushed they always said round 18 return.
Jackson has 'shown signs' this year but I don't see an 18yo Ruck/forward coming off 5 weeks out with a hammy turning the match for us anymore than Brown or McDonald. If he does hurt himself again (unlikely, but a risk) that would be bad for him and us over a number of years if his hammy(ies) go dodgy.

Have a strong feeling the Giants will win tonight by 2-3 goals. Reckon we’re gonna be in a position where we need to beat Essendon by 30-40 odd to leap the Saints.
Of course what will happen is we lead by 50 at HT and then they kick 6 unanswered goals in the third quarter and we win by 23 :$

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jackson has 'shown signs' this year but I don't see an 18yo Ruck/forward coming off 5 weeks out with a hammy turning the match for us anymore than Brown or McDonald. If he does hurt himself again (unlikely, but a risk) that would be bad for him and us over a number of years if his hammy(ies) go dodgy.
Fair enough we can only go with what we see but if the coaches think he's good enough for selection I'm happy with that. The rushed argument imo is flawed because he's always been marked as a round 18 return if we put him in for last weeks must win game then that would've been rushed.
Have a strong feeling the Giants will win tonight by 2-3 goals. Reckon we’re gonna be in a position where we need to beat Essendon by 30-40 odd to leap the Saints.
Of course what will happen is we lead by 50 at HT and then they kick 6 unanswered goals in the third quarter and we win by 23 :$
This happened in 2010 we had a 50 point lead and they kicked the last 6 goals of the game and only endeded up being a 3 goal win.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania

That would be such a Melbourne thing that I think we've seen this script before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back