Remove this Banner Ad

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wow...where do we start?

What I want:

In: Lipinski, Trengove, Suckling, Duryea, Lynch.

Out: Dickson, Young, Dunkley, Williams, Wood.

What I think we’ll get:

In: One of Suckling or Duryea
Out: Dickson or Williams

Wow...where do we start?

What I want:

In: Lipinski, Trengove, Suckling, Duryea, Lynch.

Out: Dickson, Young, Dunkley, Williams, Wood.

What I think we’ll get:

In: One of Suckling or Duryea
Out: Dickson or Williams

Young has to be dropped after that effort unfortunately

Trengove for Young
Lipinski for Hayes
Duryea for Richards
Suckling for Smith
Schache for Wallis

Duryea Naughton Wood
JJ Cordy Suckling
Macrae Bont Hunter
Lloyd Schache McLean
Gowers Trengove Lipinski

English, Liberatore, McLean

Dunkley, Crozier, Dickson, Williams

Doing that was tough, we have so many midfielders & the majority of them are so one-paced....

Bev is going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming to pick JT. If he does likelihood is that JT will be dropped if he has one or two poor to even average games. The guy just hates immobile big men.

Actually Bev seems to hate picking tall blokes full stop.

Loves mids and flankers though. So good news for the Lachies, Dunks, Wally, Williams, Gowers, Dicko, Richards, etc etc.

Bev is untouchable and never wrong apparently. So what odds the little maverick goes to Perth unchanged citing no VFL form this week to go on and that he will back the boys in to turn it around?

Are both Duryea and Suckling good to go? Other than that only missing Greene and Morris in terms of those who have played AFL before. Gives us a good 33-35 players to pick from and I expect those 11-13 players who didnt get a gig this week to be very close to having a large number of them come in to the side.

I also think we need to re-structure our side so it has the correct balance of height across the team and enough players for each specialized position. In my opinion need at least one of Roberts or Young in, and at least one of Schache, Boyd or Trengove in. Unless Naughton can learn how to ruck as well???

What annoys me about Trengove not being picked is that it's not even like he's a Campbell/Minson type one trick pony. In the 5 games he played to end our season last year he averaged 21 hitouts, kicked 4 goals and won 26 clearances. He's no faster than those two mentioned but he's still far more versatile and it's not like he's a liability outside of ruck contests. He's no world beater but he's a handy stopgap...which is exactly what we need. Just has to be given a go. Should not be in the Minson/Campbell doghouse.

im scared about what freo will do to us. depending how ross lyon will set them up. if they play like against norf, they will smash us. 60+ pt loss incoming

Out - Young, Dunkley, Williams, Gowers and Dickson
In - Lipinski, Trengove, Schache, Lynch, Suckling if fit

No Duryea, prefer playing Richards in his position. Play Naughton CHB and play Schache and Trengove fwd.

No point sacfricing our best KPP to a position where he becomes impotent due to our fwd delivery and structure. Trengove and Schache can both crash packs.

Duryea Cordy Wood
Richards Roberts Crozier
Jj. Libba. BSmith
Hunter. Naughton Lipinski
Lynch. Trengove. McLean
English. Bont. McRae
Daniel. Hayes RSmith. Webb
This is exactly what should happen. 2 tall defenders and 2 tall forwards, one of which can give English a chop out. Get rid of ball butchers Gowers, Dunkley and Wallis and good users who can get the ball more than 10 times per game in Dickson and Lloyd. I personally would have Jong in before Lynch or Webb but really like this team. Unfortunately we won’t see it because Bevo is too belligerent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Schache being selected. Was demoted after two games where he didn't give a yelp. Unless he's been training the house down he won't be promoted. But wait, Levi Casboult was dropped last week and came in as the emergency to play like John Coleman - but that was against us, a team with more dwarfs than in a Lord of The Rings or Hobbit movie.

Honestly, someone within the footy department needs to grow some cohunas and stand up to Bevo. It’s obvious to all that several players doing well in the VFL need to be given opportunity over regular favourites. This needs to come from Grant or one or all of the assistants. We need more height and structure rather than a team full of midfielders, most of which butcher the ball.
Out: Gowers, Dunkley, Dickson, Lloyd, Wallis, Young.
In: Webb, Jong, Lipinski, Trengrove, Roberts, Duryea.

Few calls for Dickson to be dropped. Maybe I was watching a different game, but he was one of the few players who consistently applied pressure and also kicked 2 goals. That's almost a third of the total goals kicked. Not sure dropping the one player who can actually kick straight will do much for the teams overall goal kicking accuracy.

Fremantle: (You are only as good as your last game) hope not !

Matt Taberner : 3 Goals, 13 Marks.
Jesse Hogan: 3 Goals, 14 Marks.
Ed Langdon:
Michael Walters: 3 Goals.
Nat Fyfe:
Luke Ryan: "The Coburg Collossus"
David Mundy:
Darcy Tucker:
Brandon Matera: 4 Goals.
Ethan Hughes:
Andrew Brayshaw:
Travis Colyer: 1 Goal
Rory Lobb: 1 Goal
Sam Switowski : 1 Goal
Reece Conca:
Bradley Hill:
Nathan Wilson:
Adam Cerra:
Taylin Duman:
Brennan Cox:
Joel Hamling:
Alex Pearce:

Injuries: Cam McCarthy: Illness (Withdrew late), Brennan Cox: Left Leg (Replacement)

Now it's not like me to be negative and I know Josh Schache had two poor games back to back,
but why would you drop him knowing the VFL team is on it's bye. Tom Campbell had 34 Hit
Outs and 12 Disposals and kicked a Goal and Keegan Brooksby had 42 Hit Outs and 21 Disposals
on the weekend, but they don't play for us. I am not sure on the injury status of Suckling or
Duryea, but we need some tyres with grip and comfort.

Where do I even start? Probably by playing players in their correct position. I know that my below changes are a certainty not too happen but its clear that the team needs a new direction with the types of players picked.

Out: Gowers, Hayes, Young, Wood, Wallis
In: Lipinski, Lynch, Suckling, Trengove, Schache

Suckling Cordy Crozier
JJ Naughton Daniel
Hunter Libba Richards
Lipinski Trengove McLean
Dickson Schache Lloyd
English Bont Macrae
Williams Smith Dunkley Lynch

Notes on a few players:
Williams - He was looking gold last year a HBF, I'm still stunned that Bevo then moved him into the midfield and forward line. Play him there and let him be the 4th tall.
Hayes - He wasn't awful but he's the exact type of player we don't need. Accumulator who can't kick and has no hurt factor. It's either him or Hunter out, and Hunter has the credits.
Naughton - Imagine playing key forward in our team. Needs to be moved back until we fix our ball movement forward of centre up.
Trengove - He's not a long term solution but we just need a forward target with a bit of presence. Just bring the ball to ground for god sake and someone to be a genuine ruck support for English.
Lipinski/Lynch - Simply in for ball use and speed over Hayes/Gowers/Wallis types.
Gowers - Fed up with him. No use carrying someone who does all the right things and then continually cannot finish.
Dunkley - Play him as the 4th midfielder. Our 3 big guns cannot be in there all the time. Should still get 50-60% mid game time with rotations.
Wood - Offering nothing, no leadership no ability. Zilch.
Wallis - If he isn't playing forward pocket then back to the VFL. Not good enough.
McLean - I'll stick with him forward for now because he has some natural forward instincts.

Watching the game yesterday the players I wished we had in were Suckling, Moz, Trengove and Jong: a long game-breaking kick, sensible and cool-headed defence, height and mongrel, burst speed and dynamism. I know Moz is a long way off yet, and not sure about Jong's status at the moment, but Suckling's got to be in if fit and I reckon it's either Trengove or Schache in next week and I'd like to see Schache spend some time in the VFL getting his act together.

And surely we can't ignore Lipinski's form forever. Williams in only made sense if he was playing back, otherwise surely Lipinski should have been first cab off the rank.

Suckling said on radio he would miss 2 weeks with an abductor issue.

We need an actual well structured team. Won’t happen but what I would do.

Out: la.young Wallis Wood
In: lew.young Trengove lipinski

B: Williams lew.young crozier
Hb: jj Cordy Daniel
C : Macrae Bont hunter
Hf: McLean Naughton Lloyd
F: Dickson Trengove gowers
R: English libba Dunkley
Int: Smith Hayes Richards lipinski

Suckling said on radio he would miss 2 weeks with an abductor issue.

We need an actual well structured team. Won’t happen but what I would do.

Out: la.young Wallis Wood
In: lew.young Trengove lipinski

B: Williams lew.young crozier
Hb: jj Cordy Daniel
C : Macrae Bont hunter
Hf: McLean Naughton Lloyd
F: Dickson Trengove gowers
R: English libba Dunkley
Int: Smith Hayes Richards lipinski
The runners run and the big guys big, I like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back