Changes vs Fremantle Round 7

Who's in? Who's out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading the West Coast board and this tweet sparked some interest:

We know Don Pyke came straight from West Coast and they're experiencing big problems with backing in senior players right now.

I wonder if that's where our selection problems have come from and whether Don has started to form his own, different opinions in the last few weeks

Unlikely. West coast introduced plenty of kids in their premiership year. Don played under Mick Malthouse and didn't get picked for 3 years or so. I would say this and Campo being in match committee have a much bigger bearing. Plus Don's personality is risk averse.

Last edited:

We know Don Pyke came straight from West Coast and they're experiencing big problems with backing in senior players right now.

I wonder if that's where our selection problems have come from and whether Don has started to form his own, different opinions in the last few weeks

They backed their senior players last year aswell if that's their culture and Pyke has it

Not sure they would be complaining

Backing in senior players is the right way to go but it goes without saying that the right players have to become senior players for it to work.

Over our journey we have senior players who shouldn't have ever become senior players.

Plus Don's personality is risk averse.

In his 20s Don set up his own business within the mining industry and subsequently became a multi-millionaire.

I wish I was so risk averse :rolleyes:.Not exactly a teacher or a career public service. His career choices indicate the exact opposite to a risk averse individual.

Perhaps you just mean in relation to football. If only he had made the 5 or 6 changes a week that you recommended against the Suns and Saints we might have had good wins against these teams.

Winning a flag 7 games ago gets you a few more runs on the board I would have thought.

Im more than happy to see Fog and EH in, but Im not delusional about what they will do to the success chances this year like you, its a rebuild strategy which we need
You're more than delusional

In his 20s Don set up his own business within the mining industry and subsequently became a multi-millionaire.

I wish I was so risk averse :rolleyes:.Not exactly a teacher or a career public service. His career choices indicate the exact opposite to a risk averse individual.

Perhaps you just mean in relation to football. If only he had made the 5 or 6 changes a week that you recommended against the Suns and Saints we might have had good wins against these teams.
Was i not talking about football? Is this not a football forum? Put me on ignore like I have done for you.

Speaking of Crocmedia, I have a story.
I rang up for the SEN SA sports quiz a few weeks ago on my way to work. The final question was which club has had the most rising star winners. I could remember Buckley, Scott, Rich and Taylor had won for Brisbane. Kane said sorry, that's not correct and moved onto the next caller who said Sydney. Kane said that's correct. Sydney have had 3 winners. I thought I'd jump on footywire to confirm my thoughts when I got to work and I was right.
I sent the link to Kane Cornes, Andrew Hayes and SEN SA twitter pages, saying that I feel you owe me a prize. I got a reply from Andrew Hayes asking if I wanted tickets to the Power V Richmond game which I couldn't use anyway even if I wanted to as I was going away. I asked if I could have Crows tickets instead and was told that they don't get much from the Crows. Finally this morning, I got a message from Andrew asking if I wanted 4 tickets to the Freo game this Sunday. I haven't even had a response from Kane even though he was the one that told me I was wrong. Andrew Hayes seems like a top bloke.

Glad to hear that Andrew Hayes followed up with you. Also no surprise that Kane didn't do his research and was wrong, but couldn't admit it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Murray had his way we'd make that many changes on a weekly basis you'd think they were picking teams using bingo balls!

Barrett's sliding doors :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Doesn't he notice we're playing so much better without him. Although we knew Barrett was a peanut already....

ADEL-header-2.png

If
the Crows are to still challenge for the big prize this year ...
then
Josh Jenkins simply needs to be part of that push. Bring him back this week … and stick with him.
Can someone explain to me how this is a sliding door situation?

We have a guy at work who is both a passionate Port suppprter and Collingwood supporter.

Member of both clubs and has merch from both clubs on his desk. Says he hates it when they play each other.

Weird bloke. But cos he is from the Eastern suburbs he is "eccentric".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No he is weird.

Speaking of Crocmedia, I have a story.
I rang up for the SEN SA sports quiz a few weeks ago on my way to work. The final question was which club has had the most rising star winners. I could remember Buckley, Scott, Rich and Taylor had won for Brisbane. Kane said sorry, that's not correct and moved onto the next caller who said Sydney. Kane said that's correct. Sydney have had 3 winners. I thought I'd jump on footywire to confirm my thoughts when I got to work and I was right.
I sent the link to Kane Cornes, Andrew Hayes and SEN SA twitter pages, saying that I feel you owe me a prize. I got a reply from Andrew Hayes asking if I wanted tickets to the Power V Richmond game which I couldn't use anyway even if I wanted to as I was going away. I asked if I could have Crows tickets instead and was told that they don't get much from the Crows. Finally this morning, I got a message from Andrew asking if I wanted 4 tickets to the Freo game this Sunday. I haven't even had a response from Kane even though he was the one that told me I was wrong. Andrew Hayes seems like a top bloke.
Kane is a troll that gets print and air time.

Kane doesn't get along with people, his brother Chad said so
Calling them losers on Twitter and then blocking them when they give an alternative opinion doesn't give him much credibility.

Back