Changes vs Fremantle Round 7

Who's in? Who's out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You put Poholke in, you put Poholke out, you put Poholke in and you shake him all about..
I certainly was not keen on this MO
We just don’t have a real mid role for him at the moment which is his area of talent
He really has done everything right at SANFL level.

Would have liked Jones or Mchenry in but Gibbs in strengthens us.

Gibbs was pretty ordinary on his return from being dropped. Needs to start producing now or he can join JJ back in the SANFL.

Glad to hear that Andrew Hayes followed up with you. Also no surprise that Kane didn't do his research and was wrong, but couldn't admit it.
Rule 1 of running a quiz - especially when there are prizes, especially when you're being paid to do it...

Don't just make up questions based on what you (think) you know.
Do your bloody research and have sources for your answers.

Reminds me of the quiz 20 years ago when one of the questions was
"What is the first day of the new millennium?"

"Ah, good question," I thought, "that'll separate the sheep from the goats." And I wrote down 1/1/2001.

Ah no. The (professional, paid) quiz master said it was 1/1/2000. I don't like challenging quiz masters, it's all for fun after all, but I did speak to him about it (I guess, because he was being paid to do this). He was unmoved. :drunk:

[/pedant]

I’m not a fan. But his marking around the ground last week was very good. If he can really build on that and make that his weapon then I’d put him top 8-10 even with the tools he’s got. He’s got to improve hit outs to break even (don’t think he’s far away from that) and then keep up his agression and ground ball work (pretty good there even now).

Don’t ever expect him to kick clutch goals or to use the ball that well by foot. But if he can really excel at taking marks down the line and deep in defence then I think he is capable of being that 6-10th most effective ruckman in the comp (projecting forward).
He was very good , he was opposed to bully longer who is prob the worst ruck in the comp

Need to see more before I’m confident but very happy he’s getting games

Yes. It normally refers to an event in the past but for some reason this idiot uses it for a future event...
giphy.gif

Marty is a troll - we all know that. Very good at what he does mind you.

There’s nothing which prevents a team from challenging whilst at the same time ushering in young players.

The days of teams dismantling their lists and ceasing to remain competitive are gradually disappearing.

Look at the top of the ladder and tell me you’ve heard of each and every one of Geelongs players.

They had a 2nd year kid tear us a new one.

How many times have we heard Marty bang on about a 10 gamer schooling Sloane in the second half. I don’t think he’s a very good troll, mostly he’s just dim which is why few engage with him these days.

How many times have we heard Marty bang on about a 10 gamer schooling Sloane in the second half. I don’t think he’s a very good troll, mostly he’s just dim which is why few engage with him these days.[/QUOTE)

Is this the Marty that thinks we should gut the team and forget about competing for the finals?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was pretty good i thought

I thought it was similar to the game that got him dropped. 3 contested possessions at 65% DE isn't great. The only difference was we won comfortably.

No major issues, but disappointed Polhoke went out - he’s fought his way into the side and deserved a solid block of games.

Have we actually heard a comment like this from other assistant coaches in recent time?
The whole place is slowly changing it seems.

Fun Facts with Grotto

Dockers have lost its past five matches at the Adelaide Oval by 25 or more points.

Crows has won nine of its last 10 Sunday matches at the Adelaide Oval.

I'm very worried about you, Grotto. There's not even a single mention of how bad Carlton are in this post. ;)

It’s just like projecting draftees - you rate their tools and where they can get to

He either needs to be taller , better with ball in hand or more athletic to reach those heights

Being competitive with endurance makes him a comfortably listed AFL Ruck but not in that upper echelon

What’s going to get him into that top 8-10 rucks in Comp ?

Clearances, tackles and contested marking will do it. As long as he gets his share of HOTA and doesn’t concede more than his share, he can do it just with mongrel around the contest and in the air.

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to ask this but was just wondering if there has been any particular reason behind Alex Keath's rise this season. Has he had a bit of a role change or is it just a case of him coming into his own as a footballer? His numbers are pretty impressive for a KPD - averaging 19 disposals and 8 marks. Is it sustainable? I haven't watched too many Crows games this year and so haven't been able to watch him too closely. This is for fantasy purposes. Cheers.

My view is that he’s had his first uninterrupted preseason. Prior to this year he’s been a bit injury prone and not been able to turn his cricket fitness into an AFL level fitness. Plus a bit more strength. No doubt the talent was always obvious, but like Greenwood, they were coming from further back than first year draftees and injuries push them back further.

You know what, unless EH craps the bed and JJ kicks a heap, if they don’t recall JJ for the Showdown they’ll just about have me confident that they’ve turned the corner.

But it may have to do more with JJ rucking ability v Ryder and Lycett than EH as a forward.

Rule 1 of running a quiz - especially when there are prizes, especially when you're being paid to do it...

Don't just make up questions based on what you (think) you know.
Do your bloody research and have sources for your answers.

Reminds me of the quiz 20 years ago when one of the questions was
"What is the first day of the new millennium?"

"Ah, good question," I thought, "that'll separate the sheep from the goats." And I wrote down 1/1/2001.

Ah no. The (professional, paid) quiz master said it was 1/1/2000. I don't like challenging quiz masters, it's all for fun after all, but I did speak to him about it (I guess, because he was being paid to do this). He was unmoved. :drunk:

[/pedant]

I’m sure that there’s a proof for that, but if you start at 0, the first day of the first millennium would be 01/01/0000. Would that not make all millenia begin at 01/01/xx00?

Back