00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Worst thing about this game is Hogan will probably kick 5 over the back then we'll have to deal with 'shouldn't have traded Hogan' posts for another week.
tbf I think that has been done to death.

It is obvious that our forwardline has performed better without him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Melbourne has a better W-L without Hogan than with him 2017-2018 end of story.
Do you think that could perhaps be helped because teams would have been so focused on setting up their defensive structures/matchups around Hogan playing that when he didn't play we were more unpredictable?

However no we don't have him, they can set up accordingly, put more pressure on other players that they usually wouldn't get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Lever ‘battling knee soreness’

yikes

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2007
unlisted
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Walters is a key player in this game, he has won Freo 3 games of his own boot. Wouldn't mind seeing Hibby go head to head with him all over the ground. He did well on dusty earlier in the year playing a similar role.

ponsdale

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Walters is a key player in this game, he has won Freo 3 games of his own boot. Wouldn't mind seeing Hibby go head to head with him all over the ground. He did well on dusty earlier in the year playing a similar role.
This plan has merit.

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Worst thing about this game is Hogan will probably kick 5 over the back then we'll have to deal with 'shouldn't have traded Hogan' posts for another week.
Yep, the MB match day thread will be full of Fremantle fans praising him and non Fremantle fans telling us that our season has gone the way it has because we traded him.

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
12 months is quite a long rehab for an ACL, often it's 9-10. And his VFL injury was unrelated. I reckon Jakey boy is just injury prone.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
12 months is quite a long rehab for an ACL, often it's 9-10. And his VFL injury was unrelated. I reckon Jakey boy is just injury prone.
I still don't get why he was rushed back before the bye though.

Top Bottom