Preview Changes vs Fremantle

Ridiculous feature to bring in though. Can't wait to get banned for laugh reacting on the Hawkes board...
is that serious?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Worst thing about this game is Hogan will probably kick 5 over the back then we'll have to deal with 'shouldn't have traded Hogan' posts for another week.
tbf I think that has been done to death.

It is obvious that our forwardline has performed better without him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Fremantle average score 2018 - 71pts
Fremantle 2019 score with Hogan- 73 pts

**** we really missed the 2 points per game.
Melbourne 2018 - 105 pts
Melbourne 2019 - 70 pts

37 points actually

Irrelevant. The club who has Hogan has struggled to score as much as us.
like I said, our forwardline is functioning much better without him.

i'm not sure what the argument is

Melbourne has a better W-L without Hogan than with him 2017-2018 end of story.
Do you think that could perhaps be helped because teams would have been so focused on setting up their defensive structures/matchups around Hogan playing that when he didn't play we were more unpredictable?

However no we don't have him, they can set up accordingly, put more pressure on other players that they usually wouldn't get?

Because he's made no difference to Freos scoring power. There for your theory is wrong.
Cool, it must be because May has been out injured that our scoring has dropped by 6 goals then

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Walters is a key player in this game, he has won Freo 3 games of his own boot. Wouldn't mind seeing Hibby go head to head with him all over the ground. He did well on dusty earlier in the year playing a similar role.

Lever ‘battling knee soreness’

yikes
Miss 12 months with an ACL.

Hurt yourself in your second game of VFL.

Then play in the AFL the next game.

Who would have thought something could go wrong?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You're all wrong. We are both better and worse off with and without Hogan.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Worst thing about this game is Hogan will probably kick 5 over the back then we'll have to deal with 'shouldn't have traded Hogan' posts for another week.
Yep, the MB match day thread will be full of Fremantle fans praising him and non Fremantle fans telling us that our season has gone the way it has because we traded him.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
12 months is quite a long rehab for an ACL, often it's 9-10. And his VFL injury was unrelated. I reckon Jakey boy is just injury prone.

Back