Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear someone with more knowledge than I - how does the rookie elevation work?

Presuming Clay is long term injury, are we allowed to upgrade a rookie? If so, who's it gonna be? Is Webb still a rookie?

Dear someone with more knowledge than I - how does the rookie elevation work?

Presuming Clay is long term injury, are we allowed to upgrade a rookie? If so, who's it gonna be? Is Webb still a rookie?
Rookies that are eligible to be upgraded are Kelly, Smith and Pearce. Kelly's injured so it'll be one of the other two but there's no real point as neither are close to getting a game.

Yeah I thought Fletch played ok. He was also ignored alone in the goal square at one point which would have been a certain goal for him too.
When was that? I remember the one in the last quarter when we had a free player inside 50 but couldn't get it to him :(

That might have been it? Think maybe might have been Hrovat with the ball, didn't notice Fletch at the top of the square by himself. I haven't watch a replay so might be wrong!
Can't remember who it was, but he wasn't at the top of the goalsquare - about 30m out and at least 20m in the clear.

I don't think we need the 3 tall defenders this week, I'd like to see an extra tall forward. Be that Roberts or Redpath, I'm not sure. Boyd comes in if fit, same with Wallis. Lots of talk about Grant, and he's a certainty if Stringer is out. Koby Stevens looked very sore, but prob just a bad corky, so he might be ok.

Thinking of heading down to barkers cafe on Tuesday morning.. Does anyone know what time the boys are usually out on the track? Wouldn't mind having a look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice some posters are calling for Biggs to be included and earlier some had him in the best 22.

I have never seen him play so i have no valid opinion. I only know he couldnt crack it at Sydney. What does he bring and is HBF his best position?

I notice some posters are calling for Biggs to be included and earlier some had him in the best 22.

I have never seen him play so i have no valid opinion. I only know he couldnt crack it at Sydney. What does he bring and is HBF his best position?
Haven't seen him play personally but from reports can play backline and midfield can also tag. Believe he was a rookie at Sydney they wanted to keep him but didn't have the cap room or position on the list to upgrade him we offered a senior list position which he jumped at.

Not sure that failing to crack it at Sydney is necessary a disgrace. Tom Mitchell and Ryan O'Keefe couldn't get a game last year.

Out: Smith (inj), Stevens (looked very sore), Hunter (delivered one good kick to Stringer on a lead, very average otherwise)
In: Wallis, Boyd, Grant

EDIT - Just had the thought, but do we need three guys playing KPD in Talia, Sid & Roughy against the Dockers? Beyond Pavlich and a resting ruck, they aren't exactly overflowing with big forwards.

Worth bringing one out (probably Fletch) for a Biggs or Dale?

if Wallis & Boyd both don't come back next week
Stevens pulls up sore for next week, obviously Clay injured
it'll me we will have to pick a couple out of
Caleb Daniel, Sam Darley (?), Shane Biggs, Declan Hamilton, Toby McLean, Bailey Dale, Jarrad Grant, Josh Prudden

out of that I'd definitely choose Dale & Grant
but we're really pushing our midfield depth now
Best post I've seen on here instead of all the hindsight coaching logics. Some players need rest. Some players are out injured... and some players need bleeding!!. You cant keep flogging a dying horse without replenishing it. Everyones exited about the start of the year... but the team has been physically hammered to achieve it. F@#$ changes in the line up. Bonts, Stringer and Im sure others are carrying niggles, on top of all the injuries putting players out. We need to start bleeding more players, the same 26 wont last half a season, and its starting to show. My opinion is throw them in the deep end, not sure who yet with regards to injures ... but no one in that list you mentioned above doesn't have the talent or the brains to fit in..... its if they have the heart, and that's never known till they are on the field. Id have Daniel, Biggs and Mclean in a hearbeart. Whats left of our mids are nearly the living dead after round 5. Its a consequence of the style of footy which we love when we win. But last week showed we just cant pump the same players over and over. like we have... not yet..still too young. Won't be as fluent and exciting as its been, but at least we will field a team that can do more than jog for the season.

Best post I've seen on here instead of all the hindsight coaching logics. Some players need rest. Some players are out injured... and some players need bleeding!!. You cant keep flogging a dying horse without replenishing it. Everyones exited about the start of the year... but the team has been physically hammered to achieve it. F@#$ changes in the line up. Bonts, Stringer and Im sure others are carrying niggles, on top of all the injuries putting players out. We need to start bleeding more players, the same 26 wont last half a season, and its starting to show. My opinion is throw them in the deep end, not sure who yet with regards to injures ... but no one in that list you mentioned above doesn't have the talent or the brains to fit in..... its if they have the heart, and that's never known till they are on the field. Id have Daniel, Biggs and Mclean in a hearbeart. Whats left of our mids are nearly the living dead after round 5. Its a consequence of the style of footy which we love when we win. But last week showed we just cant pump the same players over and over. like we have... not yet..still too young. Won't be as fluent and exciting as its been, but at least we will field a team that can do more than jog for the season.
Daniel is still injured. Darley has been out for weeks, so not sure he'd even be ready for Footscray. No point resting anyone unles they have niggles. Pick our best team, blood the kids when they are ready and are performing at Footscary. We are already very young, we are performing really well, there is no need to panic after one close loss.

Out - clay (inj)
In - Wallis

Out - Koby (inj)
In - Boyd

Out - strings (inj)
In - grant

Out - Roberts
In - Biggs

Out - Webb (rest)
In - Dale

Don't think we need 3 tall defenders this week. Wood can play on Taberner, roughie on Clark and talia on pav.

Webb looks like he needs a spell which is fine by me.

Fb: JJ roughie wood
Hb: Boyd talia murphy
C: Macrae Wallis hrovat
Hf: grant Crameri Dickson
Ff: honey boyd hunter
R: ???????? Bonti dal
Ic: Dale Goodes Biggs picken

Out - clay (inj)
In - Wallis

Out - Koby (inj)
In - Boyd

Out - strings (inj)
In - grant

Out - Roberts
In - Biggs

Out - Webb (rest)
In - Dale

Don't think we need 3 tall defenders this week. Wood can play on Taberner, roughie on Clark and talia on pav.

Webb looks like he needs a spell which is fine by me.

Fb: JJ roughie wood
Hb: Boyd talia murphy
C: Macrae Wallis hrovat
Hf: grant Crameri Dickson
Ff: honey boyd hunter
R: ???????? Bonti dal
Ic: Dale Goodes Biggs picken
With ya here Fronk. We've gotta field a healthy side. The seasons a marathon not a sprint.

Gotta hit Melbourne nice and fresh too

The discussion of resting Boyd, Stringer and others (whilst probably needed) frightens the beejesus out of me. Can't take our two main targets out in the one week. We need to go into every game thinking we are a chance of winning. Obviously I'm not suggesting we play injured players but we need to try and pick the side that we think will win each game. Wouldn't begrudge the MC whichever way they went.

BUT I WANT STRINGER TO WIN A COLEMAN!! SO GET UP JAKE AND KICK MORE GOALS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back