Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish Street was ready. I would give him a chance if Schache is out. Rotate him and English between ruck and forward

Our worst players were mostly our talls and key players, plus defenders. Unfortunately we don't have many of them if any, so they will keep their spot. Instead one of our million inside guys will be the scapegoat to make room for someone performing in the VFL.

Smith out and West in as only change. Libba should have come through the VFL IMO, to long out.

Out: Cordy - has been covered for his inadequacies by a zone defence mantra where you do not have to be accountable for your direct opponent for too long. I agree with one or two posters in the review thread - would not get a game with any other club.
Suckling - bit controversial I know but he's not part of our future next year and needs to be transitioned out of the team - slow and his kicking is no longer good enough to save him
Schache - out with concussion, but before that his impact on the game was nil
Libba or RSmith - take your pick, Libba very underdone, Smith a very honest trier but not up to senior class
On warning: JJ - cruising without bruising, needs a rocket up him

In: West - won't be a world beater at this stage but he'll give us everything he's got
Sweet - as raw as anything but Tim as No 1 ruck just doesn't cut it and it's costing us big time
Williams - at least he has the skills and look of a good player
Lew Young - still question marks on his physical strength, but he's got other attributes that Cordy doesn't

Cordy has to have a spell. I have to close my eyes when he gets the ball.

Suckling, JJ and R Smith other outs.

Morris, Lewis Young, West and give Vandermeer a chance.

Comments on a couple of Ins suggestions above:
Cavarra - has hardly played more than one full game of footy for the entire season, too many niggly injuries
Vandermeer - missed yesterday's VFL game and although showing good signs, is not ready physically

I know many of us like the idea of Lewis Young being given another run, but don't be surprised if he misses out again.

Fletcher Roberts played a great game (19 kicks, 2 handballs, 8 marks, 2 tackles) while Gowers kicked 2. Don't be surprised if these two are given a run next week. West has been screaming for a call up, but it won't surprise me if he's forced to wait until end of year, or possible even 2020, for his debut game.

Wish Street was ready. I would give him a chance if Schache is out. Rotate him and English between ruck and forward

Our worst players were mostly our talls and key players, plus defenders. Unfortunately we don't have many of them if any, so they will keep their spot. Instead one of our million inside guys will be the scapegoat to make room for someone performing in the VFL.

Smith out and West in as only change. Libba should have come through the VFL IMO, to long out.
I hope you’re not talking about Peter Street? I know English needs help, but I don’t think getting Peter Street out of retirement is the answer 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know many of us like the idea of Lewis Young being given another run, but don't be surprised if he misses out again.

Fletcher Roberts played a great game (19 kicks, 2 handballs, 8 marks, 2 tackles) while Gowers kicked 2. Don't be surprised if these two are given a run next week. West has been screaming for a call up, but it won't surprise me if he's forced to wait until end of year, or possible even 2020, for his debut game.

Making the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result.

Seems about right.

Making the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result.

Seems about right.
Same could be said about Bailey Dale being in and out of the side, yet he just kicked 5. I'm all for rewarding good form (in Roberts' case), Gowers I just mentioned since he seems to be a favourite.

A few players need a rocket up them.

Expecting 3+ changes.

I'd bring in Roberts or Young, play Trengove on the ball and English as forward to cover Schache's spot.

Suckling, Hunter, Cordy on thin ice.

Gee, thought I would be on my lonesome with wanting suckling out, but obviously a few others have seen howbad he is getting. Kicking not what it used to be, neither is his decision making.
Replace him with Williams.

Would you give porter a game? He played well
No. Doesn't have the skillset that would add anything to the team.
I can see him being given the Honeychurch treatment sometime soon. Club might give him a run of games to see if he shows anything at senior level. If not, then he's cut.

For what it's worth, I hope we extend him, or at the very least put him on the rookie list. I think he has something to give, being reasonably quick, a tackling machine and having good awareness in packs. His kicking still needs a lot of improvement though, which is probably the main thing keeping him from a debut, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does debut before the end of the year

A few players need a rocket up them.

Expecting 3+ changes.

I'd bring in Roberts or Young, play Trengove on the ball and English as forward to cover Schache's spot.

Suckling, Hunter, Cordy on thin ice.

Hunters come off 37 against the Demons and 32 against the Cats and probably got Brownlow votes in both and he's on thin ice?:drunk:

Hunters come off 37 against the Demons and 32 against the Cats and probably got Brownlow votes in both and he's on thin ice?:drunk:

He's got credits in the bank of course but I reckon he's gone missing a few times when he should be leading by example. Perhaps it's just the fact that he plays an outside role and therefore doesn't have the ability to get involved against the flow of play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back