Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean Freo do have 3 forwards at 195-201cm plus resting Darcy upfront aswell, he's 203. Float fyfe up at 191cm. Not short at all.

You'll have to match up McKay on Jackson. Corr and McDonald on amiss and treacy. It's even without factoring in Darcy and Fyfe up front.

We don’t have McKay, Corr or McDonald.

So I guess we will be fine.

We don’t have McKay, Corr or McDonald.

So I guess we will be fine.
Haha my bad. I clicked on your team on the fixtures on the app when you versed North last and it showed their team when I was pressing yours.

Either way it should be a good match up with your defenders and freos forwards, we do have a bit of size especially with the rotating rucks. Amiss to kick a bag .

Haha my bad. I clicked on your team on the fixtures on the app when you versed North last and it showed their team when I was pressing yours.

Either way it should be a good match up with your defenders and freos forwards, we do have a bit of size especially with the rotating rucks. Amiss to kick a bag .
I thought there was something... Amiss about your previous post :p

Assuming the pies beat the crows, the results this weekend have favoured the teams outside the 8 with Freo and the Cats winning. This also will continue if the Suns beat the Hawks. In a tight run to the 8 the number of times you play WCE and North is important.

From the list below the bombers are the most advantage and the dogs, cats and swans the least. Add to list we also one of 2 teams the blues being the other who played Adelaide teams in the gather round at home so we have had the hardest draw. Could be the difference if we make or miss out.

WCE North
Crows 1 2
Bombers 2 2
Freo 2 1
Cats 1 1
Dogs 1 1
Suns 1 2
Tigers 2 1
Saints 1 2
Swans 1 1

I don’t disagree with your point, but if we miss finals it’ll still be basically our own fault regardless of fixture inequity.

Missed opportunities against GC, an under strength Geelong and Port (particularly the first two), and a poor percentage at least atm.

Even then our run home is pretty benign all things considered. If we can’t win 5-6 of the last nine games I’m not sure we’re any semblance of a threat in September anyway.

If we lose against Freo it is bye, bye
csi miami GIF

The only game I haven't been able to watch much of this year was the Freo game, which we played well/scored well/won comfortably. I also won't be able to watch much of this as my son has a basketball tournament. So hopefully that's a decent omen for a similar performance.

I hope with all the Naughton to defence discussion (which I'm still wavering on, tbf) he plays forward and comes out with a dominant performance. If we lose and Freo score heavily through marks/set shots inside our defensive 50, and Naughton has a fairly anonymous game (or does get quite a bit of the ball but kicks 1.4 or something) then the noise to send him back might become deafening.

Looking forward to the selection announcement later this week, perfect conditions for a Bevo curveball or three and then watch this board light up.....

The only game I haven't been able to watch much of this year was the Freo game, which we played well/scored well/won comfortably. I also won't be able to watch much of this as my son has a basketball tournament. So hopefully that's a decent omen for a similar performance.

I hope with all the Naughton to defence discussion (which I'm still wavering on, tbf) he plays forward and comes out with a dominant performance. If we lose and Freo score heavily through marks/set shots inside our defensive 50, and Naughton has a fairly anonymous game (or does get quite a bit of the ball but kicks 1.4 or something) then the noise to send him back might become deafening.

Looking forward to the selection announcement later this week, perfect conditions for a Bevo curveball or three and then watch this board light up.....
With Hannan's speed and leap he may be able to play as an undersized key defender.

At the ground I found Vandermeer's positioning and general awareness to be quite poor and create a lot of work for our other defenders. I am not a fan generally though so perhaps it was confirmation bias.

I fear playing Cleary as the third defender might just take us back to the good old days of not being able to defend talls, especially with Jones out. I'm loathe to take height out of the back 7. It might end up being the right move but I think I favour JOD with two other KPP height defenders right now.

I think McNeil's best is better, but Baker is far more consistent. I liked McNeil's game last week but, much like Hannan, he has never really been able to put it together week-to-week. In a team lacking pace, neither Baker or McNeil did well/poorly enough to make a change IMO.
I hear you... but I don't reckon we can defend talls regardless of who plays (given Jones is out). So i'd go the other way and go small(er) in the backline and use a bit of run to create an advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back 6. We have who we have. It is what it is.

The improvement has to come from midfield defense, connection between mids and fwds and conversion to apply scoreboard pressure.

Bailey Smith, in particular, needs to step up defensively. Improved conversion needs to come from the best (the Bont) all the way through to Marra (who is doing everything to a high level except convert).

We have a moderate one on one defense with all available. We are compromised further due to injury. We can't upgrade the list midseason. We hope that individually and collectively the back 6 will defend to the best of their ability every time. But it won't be enough, even with the best available.

The winning and losing of our season will be in the midfield (defensively and offensively) and in the fwd line (again ... defensively and offensively (especially the converting of opportunities into scoreboard pressure). The greatest contribution our defense is likely to make to this season, when all are available, is scoring opportunity through counter-attack via JJ, Richards and Dale.

Yeah atleast one game. I believe it was on Charlie Cameron and he kicked a bag, details are foggy because I tried to scrub it from my memory.
He played back for about a month I think after coming back into the team. We had lost some run/speed from the team and so were playing Treloar and Hannan back.

It was Scott who got beaten up by Charlie Cameron.

Notice Buckley thinks we will miss the 8. This week's game is an 8 point game even if this is not possible. Win 8 points clear of Freo lose and equal on points. Also would like Swans to beat the Cats, Pies beat the Suns. Port beat the Bombers, Lions beat the Tigers and would like GWS to beat the Dees to keep our faint hopes alive of a top 4 finish. No hope of WCE beating Saints or North beating the Crows.

Notice Buckley thinks we will miss the 8. This week's game is an 8 point game even if this is not possible. Win 8 points clear of Freo lose and equal on points. Also would like Swans to beat the Cats, Pies beat the Suns. Port beat the Bombers, Lions beat the Tigers and would like GWS to beat the Dees to keep our faint hopes alive of a top 4 finish. No hope of WCE beating Saints or North beating the Crows.
Agree with all except tigers v lions.

Based on my attempt to get in to the city for work today with the current train debacle good the crowd will be very low.
If you’re coming in from the West do a sneaky and get on the V/line when it stops at Sunshine or Footscray. They are still running.

With Hannan's speed and leap he may be able to play as an undersized key defender.

Well it’s about that time of year Bevo realises we are a good chance of making the 8 so he should move the magnets around to make the likelihood less but the season more exciting.

Confirmed Hannan and Treloar to half back after last year’s successful exercise

Hopefully going to the footy this Saturday arvo, up from Geelong but I hear the trains aren’t working, both VLine and Metro! How has the traffic been for those having to travel into the city this week? I am wondering whether this will have a major impact on our home game crowd? Definitely making me think about going when I would have been a lock to go.

Hopefully going to the footy this Saturday arvo, up from Geelong but I hear the trains aren’t working, both VLine and Metro! How has the traffic been for those having to travel into the city this week? I am wondering whether this will have a major impact on our home game crowd? Definitely making me think about going when I would have been a lock to go.
Pretty sure V/line is not affected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back