Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs v Fremantle at Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
R.Gardner, J.O'Donnell, C.Poulter
Out:
O.Baker (omitted), L.Jones (arm), T.O'Brien (hamstring), R.West (sub)

R14 sub: Lachlan McNeil

FREMANTLE

In:
J.Aish
Out:
N.Erasmus (omitted), S.Sturt (sub)

R15 sub: Sam Sturt

Defense looks like the best available.

Is Cleary Bailey Dale and there's only room for one?

Meh either way on West.

Team pretty much selected itself on availability.

West dropped is disappointing. I thought he has been ok and gives us a bit more than Mcneil. Will be sub, but hoping he stayed in the 22.

Yeah disappointed as well. Thought his games since returning have been quite solid. Feel like he never gets given the opportunity for continuity like others do. Hopefully he does well as sub.

West being named sub early probably as bevo knows the backlash and we want to reinforce that he isn’t completely dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve seen Carlton and Collingwood do it in the past few weeks as well. I have a feeling coaches would rather just name the 23 and pick a sub from there rather than having to omit someone on Thursday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the changes but would rather West in over McNeil / Hannan

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

West over McNeil and Jones over Hannan would have been about the best possible side at this point

The defensive outs are pretty crippling, so let’s see what Bevo does from the coaches box. It should be minimal switching in defence and looking either through the corridor, or kicking to players working into space up the ground

Given Naughton will not be playing back no surprises with Gardiner and O'Donnell. Cleary is really a Durea replacement.

Poulter for Baker.

Though I am not sure West will make it should be in instead of McNeil but no one fit is missing out.

Good enough on paper let's see how it goes on the ground

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahahahaha O’Donnell in again, embarrassing!!! Why not bring in Buku as the third intercept defender.

Hahahahaha O’Donnell in again, embarrassing!!! Why not bring in Buku as the third intercept defender.
Why Buku who hasn't been playing in defence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back