Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

That backline would have me waking at 3am in a pool of sweat .

Jebus , all that preseason optimism about our great list … a couple of injuries & out of form players and we look like …. Well what we really are . Some great players but not a great team . An ordinary team with a less than ordinary ressies team ; no-one in the VFL is banging down the door .

The experts say that in most of the best teams there’s competition for places . If you lose form, there’s a hungry reserves player biting to take your place . It doesn’t feel like we’ve got that any more .

If you’re in the top 75% of Bulldogs players your spot in the team is guaranteed. That breeds complacency .The other 25% know they’ll get a game sometime, or are mystified as to why they haven’t .

Can’t really understand West being dropped to the sub, I thought he played really well last week. Baker being omitted I can sort of understand but his pace will be missed. Hopefully JOD getting a chance to play a more natural role for him will help with his confidence and seeing he had a good taste of senior footy maybe second time up he will be better for the run.

Gardner back in was a logical choice once Jones was out. Our defence is a major worry. No real intercept defender with Ed Richards and Liam Jones no longer available. We may struggle to stop them scoring easily.

Changes are about what I would've expected given the circumstances.

Im not sure that Poulters debut is because he was knocking down. But its pretty indicative of the soft underbelly of this side that both he and JO'D have been promoted as quickly as they have.

Now that we seem to have settled on a combo of Macrae and Williams on each of the wings. This makes Baker somewhat redundant. West gets punted to the sub role and remains in the side only because he has a degree of versatility and can plug holes in the forward half of the ground if required.

The bench and sub rotation is as thin as a balding man with a comb overs hair.

What a *ing joke honestly, imagine West was given the chance others continuously get - it’s just unbelievable at this point

Defence is grim but probably the best we can do
Mate, I enjoy your posts, though sometimes you are a bit OTT.

This time, I am with you.

O’Donnell and Gardner in makes sense.
McNeil in for Baker I could stomach but would not agree with.
West out is an absolute joke - the coach is destroying this kid.
Poulter has done absolutely nothing special at VFL level.

Shiny new toys Baker, O’Donnell, Jones, Poulter - let’s see what they can do for 6 weeks plus, regardless of output (okay, presumption on Poulter).

Cleary, Bedendo, Buku - have 1 or 2 games. You didn’t star, we played like crap, so back to the VFL until next year. Keep working though boys, we gotta a great cultcha.

Bevo has lost me.

If we win season is alive and Bev is a saviour.
Lose and questions about selection will certainly be on the agenda.
Then play for next year.And blood the potential.And the cloggers can help the 2s into the finals.

Happy O’Donnell is back - we need to pump games into him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree - with the proviso that theses games are in the backline. Wherever JOD plays I wish him the best and great success (as I do all Dogs players) but I cannot fathom MC decisions but they know more than me.
Cannot understand why West gets less opportunity than others. Again in the MC I must trust.

Freo look mediocre on paper and have backed that up with their performances this year. The reality is there’s three players missing from the best 22 with the forward line and midfield completely unaffected, there’s no reason this shouldn’t be a comfortable win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree - with the proviso that theses games are in the backline. Wherever JOD plays I wish him the best and great success (as I do all Dogs players) but I cannot fathom MC decisions but they know more than me.
Cannot understand why West gets less opportunity than others. Again in the MC I must trust.

It’s due to West being poor in a number of areas, he’s becoming like Wallis if he can’t bring some sort offensive weapon he won’t be playing much.

Freo look mediocre on paper and have backed that up with their performances this year. The reality is there’s three players missing from the best 22 with the forward line and midfield completely unaffected, there’s no reason this shouldn’t be a comfortable win.

We need to play a more attacking game get the ball in faster for this exact reason.

Our backlines crap and is going to get exposed either way.

Have to score more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gardner should never be in this team again.

You’d be better playing another small.

Bevos got 2 of 3 his 3 back in now.
I’d rather play Buku back (I know he hasn’t been playing there) than Gardner, but ultimately we don’t have a lot of choice. Time for him to repay us for that three year contract.

Bevo clearly doesn’t rate or like Cleary. Has he even been named emergency this year despite being one of our better performed players?

Bevo also has no issues throwing players into the best 22 despite being nowhere near ready.

Bevo clearly doesn’t rate or like Cleary. Has he even been named emergency this year despite being one of our better performed players?

Bevo also has no issues throwing players into the best 22 despite being nowhere near ready.
3 times - Rounds 8, 10 and 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back