Preview Changes vs GC Suns (Sat 16 April, 4:35pm @ Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo going down the Gardener selection policy - just keep giving them games - theyw ill eventually do something and he will claim he was right all along.

McNeil 10 touches and 1 tackle and 1 horrible turnover to open the door for the lions - from a wing this time with more chance for involvement.
Had the least touches of any bulldog every week. Lipinski and Wallis been dropped this year for more output.

How many of us were calling for Young to replace Gardener for some time now.
Young comes in with 13 intercept possessions - something Gardener hadnt got near on any cosnsitent basis.
Stubborn Luke only made the change when he was forced to.
Lets see if he give Young the same opportunity as he did Gardener - Absolutely no chance that happens.
Yeah that’s it

We have never had an assistant coach who has had experience as an AFL head coach like every other team. To see Mark Williams helping Melbourne yesterday, I was thinking we could do with another experienced football person to challenge Bevo when he goes down his stubborn route. Bevo is great we all love him but can also see his flaws form the outside that he can’t see too. He has been given the keys to the Ferrari by everyone who has brought this list together. Just because we are on top doesn’t mean it’s all because of Bevo, he is one important piece.
Mark Williams was booted by Hardwick wasn’t he?

There are more examples. I think a big one is Josh Dunkley's playing position. At the end of 2018, I think it was clear to all of us that he's an A grade inside midfielder. Yet Bevo wasted 6 rounds playing him forward in 2019, potentially costing us wins and a home final.

He gets it right a lot, but he's also gotten it wrong, and stunningly us numpties on bigfooty could see what he couldn't on that occasion.
Yeah nah

im more than hapay he is coaching rather than BF

We have never had an assistant coach who has had experience as an AFL head coach like every other team. To see Mark Williams helping Melbourne yesterday, I was thinking we could do with another experienced football person to challenge Bevo when he goes down his stubborn route. Bevo is great we all love him but can also see his flaws form the outside that he can’t see too. He has been given the keys to the Ferrari by everyone who has brought this list together. Just because we are on top doesn’t mean it’s all because of Bevo, he is one important piece.
Don Pyke is now an assistant coach at the Swans, and credited with their sharp ball movement in 2021.

This would be the perfect game to debut Sweet and see what he can do. I'm not one for generally resting players however Martin is 34 and will have greater challenges in the coming weeks. I also want to see West get a chance, he was so close and in the mix pre-season so we know he's there abouts. I reckon bot him and Cav will be bloody hungry!!

This would be the perfect game to debut Sweet and see what he can do. I'm not one for generally resting players however Martin is 34 and will have greater challenges in the coming weeks. I also want to see West get a chance, he was so close and in the mix pre-season so we know he's there abouts. I reckon bot him and Cav will be bloody hungry!!
Yep can see both West and Cav being desperate to take their opportunities, unleash them!!!

Lip, West, Cav, Sweet for McNeil, Scott, CD & Martin. Brings in some fresh faces who should be hungry to keep things fresh and stop any complacency, rotates the squad etc, it’s a good thing. It’s not underestimating GC at all, it’s a long season we need to stay on the up. New faces and frequent rests is the way to do that when we’ve got the depth we have.

I have it on very good authority he’s playing. Why else would a bombers supporter come on here to say that? Look if he doesn’t play I’ll buy a bulldogs membership 🙏🏽😂
Possibly your info is good, none of the usual things have occurred when we have a debut. Would be happy for it to be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is it time to talk about how poorly Caleb has been playing?
Think he has almost been worse than Wallis this year.
He's set his own bar so high when he plays a 'good/average' game it can be perceived as a bad game because we expect more.
The reality is that if Scott or McNeil played one of Caleb's so called 'bad' games we would say they played really well.

I reckon the biggest worry about this week is that we could be looking forward to the mortal enemy GWS and competition bench mark Richmond matches in the next 2 weeks.

Need to give this week due respect. Having a first gamer with a big physical presence bouncing off the walls with excitement can only be a good thing.

Good time to debut Sweet. If he plays well we know we have a Martin replacement ready, if he doesn’t there’s enough time for him to work on a few things in the VFL and get a game later in the season, and if that he hasn’t improved we know we have to chase another ruck to trade in

Thought he looked ready in last years JLT game, excited to see him

Me too.

What makes me even more nervous is that we don't really have a good record against the Suns. We just scrapped past them last year and the year before they got a win against us a Marvel.

ouch, remember that game, we started off really lazy, as if it were a practice match, fell far enough behind that we could not put our nose in front in the 4th quarter when we finally pulled the finger out. What a shocker that was. Hope we don't fall into that pattern tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back