Preview Changes vs GC Suns (Sat 16 April, 4:35pm @ Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do people like you call it a "melt" when someone scrutinises a selection they disagree with?

Because they don’t make a single opinion of their own EVER and just come in here after the fact to pot anyone.

Same people who won’t be seen when we get beat.

The last melt I saw in here was from F1973 who went at Bev and other posters. NOW THAT was a melt and an impressive one at that.

Helps to cleanse the soul they say ..... if you have a soul 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Why do people like you call it a "melt" when someone scrutinises a selection they disagree with?
BF parlance for someone having a wobly EFI, nothing to have a melt over

2018 early in particular selections were perplexing at best and having a melt was a natural reaction, had a couple myself.

Now it is more posters with differing opinions which shock horror an opinion forum may have.

MD has has baiters and posters trying to make out his opinions are ridiculous, yet his opinions are as valid as anyone's he just expresses them in ways that rustles some posters jimmies.

It is hard to really be outraged with selections. No one is missing out that obviously should be in and we are winning so it is hard to argue against those in.

Statistics are an overused justification, look at those of some of the the Tiges small forwards over the last 4 years for evidence. As a reminder 3 of the last 4 flags and a preliminary final in their failure year.

None of us are in the inner sanctum but BF knows best apparently.

I actually like the diversity on this board though Anterous and his/her 15 alts are wearing thin.

As for this thread unfortunately the ordinary VFL structure will delay opportunity but great to see Sweet debut and hope he makes it hard to bring back Martin who has been am huge addition

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 possessions, 2 tackles, 6 pressure acts and only 50% effective and Scott still keeps his place. just a joke he get so many opportunities when neither West, Weightman or CAV have ever had such a dream run of games while performing below par. Our team is so strong I could play and we would win
Hey, I could play too and I am older and fatter than you are. so don't be selfish. I should get a gig too!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking the exact same thing. They need at least one more tall defender. Or else English / Naughton / Bruce will have a field day. (They still might regardless).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Might be trying to play small? It's worked fir us in the past

Lipinski has been extremely unlucky this season.

Still finding selection odd this year despite winning. I think it might be a case of rewarding professionalism and hoping that the players who are missing out match a few others to break into the side.

Other than that it seems a bit baffling which to be honest is nothing new.

Last edited:
The somewhat perplexing team selection of Scott and McNeil over bf fan favourites can be explained by the fact that there is almost zero exposed form from which to judge those currently not in the senior side. Half arsed VFL scratch matches aside. With the VFL season finally beginning this weekend we will soon have more ammunition, but not a better understanding as to why the match committee is ignoring the collective wisdom of the shadow mc here on big footy.

Last edited:
Dumb question, but what movie, or tv show is this from? It is funny. Idiots having fun, I guess.

It’s a clip from the movie Dude, Where’s My Car?

Ultra dumb premise but actually funny in a cringy way. Sean William Scott had some great roles in the early 2000’s. He was the standout in the early American pie films

Because they don’t make a single opinion of their own EVER and just come in here after the fact to pot anyone.

Same people who won’t be seen when we get beat.

The last melt I saw in here was from F1973 who went at Bev and other posters. NOW THAT was a melt and an impressive one at that.

Helps to cleanse the soul they say ..... if you have a soul 🤷🏼‍♂️
Or not

Lipinski has been extremely unlucky this season.

Still finding selection odd this year despite winning. I think it might be a case of rewarding professionalism and hoping that the players who are missing out match a few others to break into the side.

Other than that it seems a bit baffling which to be honest is nothing new.
He made some big errors in the WC game including the stupid dropping the ball when the WC player had a free kick which resulted in a 50 and goal

i reckon any other year he was playing reserves the following week but the injury sub saved him

The somewhat perplexing team selection of Scott and McNeil over bf fan favourites can be explained by the fact that there is almost zero exposed form from which to judge those currently not in the senior side. Half arsed VFL scratch matches aside. With the VFL season finally beginning this weekend we will soon have more ammunition, but not a better understanding as to why the match committee is ignoring the the collective wisdom of the shadow mc here on big footy.

Good point, and the different rules in the VFL don’t help.
Watch the WC game

I’m not interested in my own uneducated and unqualified opinion.

I would like to know the coaches view based on a good sample of 4 games.

Good point, and the different rules in the VFL don’t help.

I’m not interested in my own uneducated and unqualified opinion.

I would like to know the coaches view based on a good sample of 4 games.
He didnt play all 4 so that’s not possible

Not sure any coaches waste time on BF so you are out of luck and you will rarely catch Bevo publicly criticising our players

Contrast that with another coach wh played us in the finals last year and whose team is now struggling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back