Changes vs GC17

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Lycett, Hayes, Garner, Frederick, (Mayes as sub)
OUT: Marshall (Concussion), Byrne-Jones, Bonner, Farrell, Woodcock

If Lienert comes back from his concussion and turns his form around, he could also be another defensive option.

Tactically we need to also work on our team defence and the way our forwards lead into position.

I can't believe we have to do this and we'd be the only club in the league to do this but we also need to be point on with our choice of sub.

1. Because it's a ******* almost guarantee that a player of ours will get injured

2. In most our games this year, our sub has come in and done fu** all.

I posted many weeks ago that a sub should be a player who can play tall or short & not some cnut that’s done ok in the snafl

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bonner woodcock absolutely should be out. Marshall misses due to protocol.

Players in danger -

Dbj in massive danger and maybe only saved by having to already make deep cuts

Motlop horrific today but has a few runs on the board this season and already cutting deep.

Farrell would be lucky to survive and only plays on cause bonner and woodcock have to go before him.

Lycett in
Garner
Orazio

Possibly consider Hartlett. Would love hayes in but can’t see us playing 3 rucks.

Out: Bonner, Woodcock
In: Garner, Lycett
That would do it I reckon re Bonner & Woodcock but you would think that Marshall would be an out to. Hayes to come in for Marshall and we play the 3 big men. The tall timber of Geelong certainly did a job on us, again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woodcock is Cam Hitchcock mk2 and not even because of the utensil in their names.

Blood McEntee will probably have more fire desire than Farrell Bonner and Woodcock combined

I thought that was close to Ladhams' best all round game since Lycett was suspended. Next week Lycett is back so do we retain Ladhams and Lycett? Marshall will not be available so does that create a space for two ruckmen?

There are plenty of candidates for the drop but who goes will depend on who is available this week.

I thought that was close to Ladhams' best all round game since Lycett was suspended. Next week Lycett is back so do we retain Ladhams and Lycett? Marshall will not be available so does that create a space for two ruckmen?

There are plenty of candidates for the drop but who goes will depend on who is available this week.

Think Ladhams is safe. We were happy to go with 2 Rucks when before Ladhams lost form at the start of the year and his ruck work is on the improve. He's been putting in as well as anyone over the past few weeks dropping him would be simply wrong. We probably don't want any more than 3 changes Max and there's plenty of other candidates to make up that 3.

OUT: Marshall (Concussion), Woodcock, Bonner
IN: Lycett, Fantasia, Frederick or someone that can play dual positions perhaps as sub for the final spot....please don't go back to Hartlett, I'll admit that I haven't seen his SANFL form but I know he's not the answer so I'd rather get some experience into some youth.

OUT: Marshall (Concussion), Wood
Bonner out forever

Did Farrell go home after he kicked his goal because I can't remember seeing him after it.

I'm over DBJ...
LOL Woodcock

No Farrell was out there, he was seen lining up at a centre bounce whilst smiling with his opposing player who had just kicked a goal on him from memory...he also did that short kick to absolute no one after he received that free kick which went right back over his head for a Geelong goal.

Wouldn’t shock to see Jed McEntee get a run with a strong sanfl performance. Ball is leaving the forward 50 too easily. We picked him up as a player we thought could help us hold it in.

Lycett and Fantasia the other 2 obviously in.

Would not have Hammer under any consideration unless his sanfl form was far better than we saw last time out.

Woodcock and Farrell out.

Wouldn’t do more than 3 out.

R.I.P. Good Bonner
Q1 R1 2021 - Q2 R1 2021
Protege of AA squad Jasper
The wingman of dreams
He hasn't been good but similar to many others over the last few years (Dixon, Trengove, Boak, etc) he's been absolutely ****ed over with regards to his role.

What was he being told to do last night? Stand in the most dangerous position on the ground on his own surrounded by opposition players and demand the ball? Peak Nat Fyfe couldn't have succeeded doing that.

He was a s**t backman who became a half-decent backman late last year, then got switched to the wing and then we he came back was playing deep in defence before the utter garbage role he was given last night. And you can't possibly blame him by suggesting it was what he was doing because if it was then he would have been dragged after the first time he did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back