Changes vs GC17

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
I really hope Garner plays well Saturday. His time is now. The team is screaming out for him.
Farrell on a wing was literally murdered. Great goal though !!! I didn't mind the suggestion of Lienert on a wing. Farrell looked like a 16yo schoolboy against Isaac Smith.
Bonner in fairness got injured and did well to stay out there but gee even before then was just so bloody soft. Infuriates me. Great kick but harden the fk up.
I agree the selection of Woodcock as a sub is so one dimensional and stoopid.

Out: Marshall(inj) Farrell Bonner Woodcock
In: Lycett Garner Lienert McEntee

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really hope Garner plays well Saturday. His time is now. The team is screaming out for him.
Farrell on a wing was literally murdered. Great goal though !!! I didn't mind the suggestion of Lienert on a wing. Farrell looked like a 16yo schoolboy against Isaac Smith.
Bonner in fairness got injured and did well to stay out there but gee even before then was just so bloody soft. Infuriates me. Great kick but harden the fk up.
I agree the selection of Woodcock as a sub is so one dimensional and stoopid.

Out: Marshall(inj) Farrell Bonner Woodcock
In: Lycett Garner Lienert McEntee
Yep like it, seen enough of the last 3 to know they should never get picked again. We should cash in on farrell in the trade period. Don’t want to see Mayes either.

leinert must play, find a bloody spot for him hinkley, has never let the team down and the man on the mark should make him even more valuable.

the sub must be able to add something to all areas, maybe chuck hartlett in the role.

G3TWOTYAD3S3RV

Premiership Player
Aug 22, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out

Marshall - concussion protocol
Bonner - we've seen enough. I don't mind him, I don't believe he's a squib like some do, but he has zero physical presence. He's a hologram. And just on that tangent, how is it that a guy who has been on our list for what 6, 8, 10, 15 years (idk it seems like forever) is still built like a wet ribbon? Geelong aren't a great comparison because *cough*hardworkinthegym*cough* but physically we are behind Melbourne (and they have Burgess!), Richmond, Brisbane, even the Bulldogs who everyone thinks is some fancy dan run and gun team.
Woodcock - I think HG Wells wrote a book about his game last night. Looked nothing more than an honest sanfl trier (when he could be seen). Hardly went near it.
Farrell - assume he was injured from the spear tackle, but another one who melts in the heat of the kitchen and was basically unsighted. Nice goal but.

Byrne-Jones, you are seriously testing my patience.

In

Lycett - done his time for a tackle that had no visible efffect on the everyday performance of his victim
Garner - has done everything asked of him, beating forwards, filling in the midfield, even kicking goals. Has blue collar Port Adelaide toughness in his DNA
Hartlett - torn on this, hoping he plays well against the Eagles, but missed his toughness at the ball last night
Schofield - let's do something a bit different. Yes, he's another tiny teddy in a team with too many of them but he's our tiny teddy. He is superbly balanced, has great footy sense and can involve himself in a game. Could offer no less than three of the dropped players, and potentially more

I wish I could fit Hayes in, but with Lycett back and Ladhams staying in, it won't happen. Which is more a reflection of the almost criminal dereliction of his non-selection during Lycett's enforced absence.

I don't expect Fantasia to be ready yet.

What are you not telling us about gigantisaur Geebung players ? Dank paying them visits again ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bit late regarding Lienert. McKenzie should have played before Clurey was injuredand Leinert should have come in when Clurey was injured. I think I got a few dislikes when I suggested this when Clurey was injured. McKenzie looked like a midget against the Geelong forwards.

Bit late regarding Lienert. McKenzie should have played before Clurey was injuredand Leinert should have come in when Clurey was injured. I think I got a few dislikes when I suggested this when Clurey was injured. McKenzie looked like a midget against the Geelong forwards.
An in form Lienert is a very handy back flanker/rotation KPD option. The problem is his last couple games as No.1 SANFL KPD have been poor.

I do think he's a better player if freed up by better KPDs (Like McKenzie before he got called up) though.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
An in form Lienert is a very handy back flanker/rotation KPD option. The problem is his last couple games as No.1 SANFL KPD have been poor.

I do think he's a better player if freed up by better KPDs (Like McKenzie before he got called up) though.
Clurey injured 14 May. 14 May was a sanfl bye. On 8 May, in SANFL Leinert was second best player and best back man ahead of McKenzie. Week before, Leinert best on ground and best back man. Should have come in on 23 May into the AFL team. The interesting thing is Mayes in the middle has been close to BOG the last two games and seems to have reinvented himself.

Clurey injured 14 May. 14 May was a sanfl bye. On 8 May, in SANFL Leinert was second best player and best back man ahead of McKenzie. Week before, Leinert best on ground and best back man. Should have come in on 23 May into the AFL team. The interesting thing is Mayes in the middle has been close to BOG the last two games and seems to have reinvented himself.
Mayes has been good but he'll end up like Jack Trengove. Not good enough to be in an AFL midfield so shifted out to a back flank if picked. I'd probably have him as a sub at best next week.

DazzaTys

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s just shuffling deck chairs at the moment. Im not excited with selections at all. What I do know is that I don’t want to see Bonner, Farrell and Woodcock in for the rest of the year. DBJ, Motlop and Gray must be close to a spell. Sad we’re only into June and people have lost the enthusiasm already.

Hayes? Or has that shipped sailed?

I see value in him as a ruck/fwd and a contested marking target down the line. The problem is Lycett is coming back also.

Our backline needs some help, I reckon Ladhams could also float back there and patch things up if Gold Coast bombed it in there, Lycett isn't mobile enough to do that.

McKenzie looked like a midget against the Geelong forwards.

It was stark on Thursday night. He looks like he’s dropped some bulk.

FightForYourRight

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We could bring in Butters on one leg and he’d show more intensity and aggression than Bonner, Motlop or Farrell.
Replacing those 3 next week would be a good start plus Lycett in for Marshall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
True, and how sad is that!

FightForYourRight

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
IN: Lycett, Hayes, Garner, Frederick, (Mayes as sub)
OUT: Marshall (Concussion), Byrne-Jones, Bonner, Farrell, Woodcock

If Lienert comes back from his concussion and turns his form around, he could also be another defensive option.

Tactically we need to also work on our team defence and the way our forwards lead into position.
Out: Bonner, Woodcock, Marshall (concussion), Farrell, DBJ
In: the other deckchairs on the Titanic

Honestly, until we completely change the leadership and culture at our club, it doesn't matter.
Definitely agree with the outs (and 3 of those would need massive improvement to be picked again).
Can't see that many changes, but if so:
Lycett - Marshall
Fantasia - Bonner
McEntee - Farrell
Garner - DBJ
Mayes /Lienert (sub) - Woodcock.
Wouldn't be against Taj coming in if Fantasia doesn't come up.
We would have enthusiasm & more urgency for ball / body with this lot.

Just give Schofield or Monty a game as head coach to see what happens, Bonner can take their assistant coaching role for the game.
Can we get Ken to sit on the boundary line to give players hugs when they come off and hand over the coaches box to Schofield.

FightForYourRight

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One thing that annoys me about Darcy this year is when he has an opportunity to lower his eyes and use a drop punt to hit a target, he almost always just bombs a high snap floater. Why man
He’s been a poor kick going inside our 50 for his whole career. Very overrated kick.
Dare I say, DBJ's kicking under pressure always appears 'panicky'

Back