Changes vs GC17

Remove this Banner Ad

One of his best games was the West Coast final in 2017, which is a tad ironic given there's a general consensus that he's soft and would probably melt under the pressure of a big game.

His linebreaking and raw speed was giving West Coast kittens.

Don’t really see that anymore.

One of his best games was the West Coast final in 2017, which is a tad ironic given there's a general consensus that he's soft and would probably melt under the pressure of a big game.
I remember thinking this kid is gonna be good after that game. First game of 2018 against Freo he got the rising star nod as well if my memory is serving me right.

For all the Ken haters on here, I actually liked his move of Lachie forward vs Geelong, and he should be doing things like that more often, especially with talented early picks. This week he should be given a run on the ball.
I think he has handled Bergman quite well. He also has had a few different roles, his body shape dictates he can play anywhere but Key position so give them the opportunity. Does anyone thinks Bergman or Jones palying a different role for a half is the difference between winning or losing? I hope not.
I would’ve enjoyed it more if Geelong didn’t intercept mark for a half before it happened

I hope so!

I'd say this entire forum would have gone Rankine over Rozee if that had been the option, and I'd say that very likely everyone would have been wrong on that one too.
Shoot, if Beyoncé wanted to cuddle up next to me tonight I would turf the misso in negative time...

At what was on offer, Rozee was the best fit for US - far better than Smith. Condor has played injured, on restricted preseason, in one of the hardest positions on the ground. Not on a Wing like Smith or Walsh or as a loose Defender like Lukocious.

Burgman looks to have all the tools to evolve into an A Grade midfielder, his knock has been his ability to accumulate big possessions, that doesn’t seem to be something he will struggle with, his ability to get on the bike after disposal is evident. He will developthe ability to demand the ball with time spent rubbing shoulders with the Chad-bro. He plays far taller than he is also, similar vein to Georgi.

How many more goals does Guthrie add to Geelong or decrease Ports score?

now adding a fit houston, Duursma, Butters, Lycett, Cluery, Fantasia add to Port? I’d suggest the game would have swung to us.

I was reflecting literally how bad we were. How good Geelong were. Now I agree we can say yes there’s a trend. But tidy it up, assuming we can and we will be around the mark. Too 4 is the clear goal currently.
Win the next three and we will be close

A lot of butters is definitely the worse of the 3 and I'm unsure if butters is going to be going enough for his pick should of taken hatley instead.

1 off season later he got us top spot.

Bergman and Jones need game time learn what to do a afl level ,sanfl ain't going to help them.

Lots of bad players have good finals. Could have given either Cam O'Shea or Tom Logan BOG off the half back flanks in that Collingwood final way back in 2013.

How many more goals does Guthrie add to Geelong or decrease Ports score?

now adding a fit houston, Duursma, Butters, Lycett, Cluery, Fantasia add to Port? I’d suggest the game would have swung to us.

I was reflecting literally how bad we were. How good Geelong were. Now I agree we can say yes there’s a trend. But tidy it up, assuming we can and we will be around the mark. Too 4 is the clear goal currently.
Win the next three and we will be close

Call me RCG but we lost to geelong by 9 points plus 2 joe the goose goals when we had players pushing forward attacking the game and Cameron kicked one out of his clacker.
We were missing Duursma, Butters, Lycett, Clurey, Fantasia and Marshall 3 minutes into the game. We had minimal contributions from Farrell, Woodcock, Bonner, Motlop, Georgiadis, the latter 2 kicking for goal as though they were Stevie J at the peak of his game.

We gifted them 11 turnover goals and received about 5 in return with the usually reliable Allir, Burton and DBJ being the main offenders.

I think geelong have more to worry about than we do with games against Bulldogs, Demons, Brisbane and Tigers to come. We only have Bullies and Demons to go and I am confident we will take the D's at home.

Our upper echelon players will be brought back into the team gradually over the next month and will have time to get themselves into form by September while we have been written off by the masses and have little or no favoritism top of the table pressure to contend with.

The Geelong loss cost us a top 2 chance but we will make the top 4 and then we will find out whether we are good enough to seize the opportunity.

Bonners best game was kicking 3 goals from HBF in the Shanghai game.

Think people are going to be melting tomorrow, I can't see him being dropped. Wasn't nearly as bad as people want to make out. Woodcock and Marshall should be out first, but obviously we are heavy on HBFs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield would be change from the usual recycling of fringe players. I vote yes for that reason alone. Ideally someone who can hold a spot until Zak gets back.

Could there be a Schofield debut?

Heard TJ on MMM this morning and he made it sound like there wouldn't be many changes. Lycett for Marshall is a given but didn't mention many others.

Made it sound like Hammer would have another week in the SANFL as well.

Heard TJ on MMM this morning and he made it sound like there wouldn't be many changes. Lycett for Marshall is a given but didn't mention many others.

Made it sound like Hammer would have another week in the SANFL as well.
i think that is right too. I would just love to see some more youth and I reckon Schofield has been goods in the twos last few weeks.

Schofield is honestly putting together form that has him on the precipice but for mine I think we've got to be smart and patient with him especially given his injury past, just keep up the consistency in his games, let him play every week in the same spot and same team, stay fit, gain form and confidence. Then have a big preseason ready to go in 2022.

In the case of minimal changes yet again ...

Lycett for Marshall

Woodcock back to the sanfl.

Lienert as the medical sub, or swap him with Farrell. But I expect them to continue to invest in Farrell.

Garner super unlucky because Lienert took him out in last week's sanfl game.

Lycett for Marshall

Lienert as the medical sub, or swap him with Farrell. But I expect them to continue to invest in Farrell.

You cant find room for Garner at the expense of Bonner?

You cant find room for Garner at the expense of Bonner?

My earlier post about my desired changes had 4 changes which included Garner in and Bonner out.

This latest post is what I expect will happen, especially as they are talking about minimal changes.

resigned face

Lycett for Marshall

Ken Hinkley: “Now Kane Farrell/Riley Bonner/Sam Gray/Kane Mtichell didn’t have his best game on the weekend but…”

My earlier post about my desired changes had 4 changes which included Garner in and Bonner out.

This latest post is what I expect will happen, especially as they are talking about minimal changes.

resigned face

Ken is all about self preservation isn't he - if there are multiple changes then doesn't that show something isn't working? by doing this 'we are all in this together crap' he gets to hide behind the failings as a team + coach.....

The guy is actually a car salesman and the club has been hoodwinked...

Then we win against a lowly based team and all is disguised again....

Hoodwinked will be the name of Ken's greyhound upon retirement.

Ken is all about self preservation isn't he - if there are multiple changes then doesn't that show something isn't working? by doing this 'we are all in this together crap' he gets to hide behind the failings as a team + coach.....

The guy is actually a car salesman and the club has been hoodwinked...

Then we win against a lowly based team and all is disguised again....

Hoodwinked will be the name of Ken's greyhound upon retirement.
I think we now have your point over and over and over again now Baz!

Lets now hope that we have a good four quarter game whoever the opposition is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back