Changes vs GC17

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Bonners game last week really that bad? I thought Jones was far worse. I mean we ended up stuffing him into the forward line cause he just kept coughing it up in the backline. I get we’re trying to get games into the kid but we’re also supposed to be pushing for a premiership tilt and I’m not sure he’s best 22 at the moment

Was Bonners game last week really that bad? I thought Jones was far worse. I mean we ended up stuffing him into the forward line cause he just kept coughing it up in the backline. I get we’re trying to get games into the kid but we’re also supposed to be pushing for a premiership tilt and I’m not sure he’s best 22 at the moment

Wrong

We moved Jones forward because our coaching staff is so inept that it took them 3 quarters to realise our second tall forward went down and our Hinkleyball plan to make spud woodcock our second tall didnt exactly go to plan. And guess what? It worked. It freed Dixon up kept their third defender occupied and Dixon ended up kicking a total of four. And hey, Lachie ended up getting his first at AFL level aswell. His hunt and aggression kept the cats defenders on their toes and he played the role well. Sure he didnt have the most disposals on the ground but make do with what we have.

Bonner on the other hand s**t the bed and was too much of a softy to put his head over. the ball or take any contact. Id take the upside of Jones over what we already know about Bonner for the past 5 or so years any day of the week

Wrong

We moved Jones forward because our coaching staff is so inept that it took them 3 quarters to realise our second tall forward went down and our Hinkleyball plan to make spud woodcock our second tall didnt exactly go to plan. And guess what? It worked. It freed Dixon up kept their third defender occupied and Dixon ended up kicking a total of four. And hey, Lachie ended up getting his first at AFL level aswell. His hunt and aggression kept the cats defenders on their toes and he played the role well. Sure he didnt have the most disposals on the ground but make do with what we have.

Bonner on the other hand sh*t the bed and was too much of a softy to put his head over. the ball or take any contact. Id take the upside of Jones over what we already know about Bonner for the past 5 or so years any day of the week

Bit of a weird take given how well we had scored (in patches) before the last qtr.

Jones just had a s**t game - nothing wrong with that. The coaches tried something with him and it worked somewhat but i don't think that's a good move with a developing player or that we'll see jones forward again.

Hartlett as sub is fine. Medi-sub is a pointless position. I'm in favour of using old campaigners with no development in them as sub and letting the kids either develop at SANFL level or play a full AFL game.

Our worst use of the sub this year has been Bergman, twice. Just robbing him of development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong

Bonner on the other hand sh*t the bed and was too much of a softy to put his head over. the ball or take any contact. Id take the upside of Jones over what we already know about Bonner for the past 5 or so years any day of the week

This! i wouldnt mind him playing forward again this week.

Why are people complaining about this? For goodness sake, guys like Hartlett and Mayes are the perfect sub. They are tough and experienced, and it allows our developing players to keep getting sanfl games under their belt. When their time comes, give them a full game.

Was Bonners game last week really that bad?

No, it wasn't. Lienert will look great against GC then play terrible the week after. Seems to be what he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back