Preview Changes vs Geelong - Rnd 6, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got mixed emotions on Kennedy being out;

On one hand, its probably smart: our medical team aren't exactly world beating and our capacity to get his ankle right, were he to do more damage to it in an away game, is probably going to cost him a lot more weeks on the sidelines. So from a management perspective, intelligent.

On the other hand, a little part of me cant help but think that on some level, we have kind of conceded the game. Kennedy is a big target up forward and even if he is not 100%, he takes a good key defender. Our capacity to win that game, with him in the side, is greatly enhanced. If this was an elimination final for example, would he have played? I think he would

I don't want to put too much stock into it, but, this game is potentially season defining. Would rather see Josh in the side, even at 50%, then omitted

As long as Brander doesn't get moved to Kennedy's role to "see how he'll go".
We all know his a natural forward, what the Eagles don't know however is I have Brander in a multi to have 15 plus touches, keep him doing what his doing please!
With those leading lanes we love to generate Brander could kick 15. You just have to believe.

‘Twas 1906 actually, a young Shannon Hurn did a great job on Gary Ablett Snr - Polly Farmer had the chance to win them the game inside the last minute but Dean Irving came out of nowhere with the big smother and we held on for the win. Great memories.

Like the time I caught the ferry over to Geelong. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Dillong, which is what they called Geelong in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time.

Yep, right up until Shep cleaned him up

I think most of us would gladly spend a fortnight with concussion if it meant a chance encounter with Brad Sheppard's hips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensible decision resting JK's ankle. A 4 hour flight would hardly aid in his healing.

So many questions to be answered:-
  1. How will our forward line be structured without JK? A view to the future.
  2. Will Vardy be able to pull out a game for the ages against a team that didn't want him? Let's hope so.
  3. Will Kelly show Wells he sold him too cheap - he should have asked for our second rounders for the next 3 years "you pancake eating MF". It will be a build up to the NFL draft so relevant.
  4. Will Jones gets a gig and deliver a 3 or 4 goal game!
  5. Will Cameron pull a hammy in the first quarter making Chris Scott spit the dummy and blame the soft cap reduction impacting his medical team?
  6. Will Ainsworth get a game as the medical sub with masses of posters with our fingers crossed chanting "No injuries" (and not just purely because he can't cross his fingers)
  7. Will Alex Witherden star in defence making Steven Wells think "If only we had of looked in our own backyard with Geelong Falcons" - instead they traded with Carlton for a nearing retirement player in Lachie Henderson the year before.
  8. Will Brander maintain his turnaround for Geelong to realise they should have just accepted a straight swap with Tim and Jarod?
  9. What will Danger do to bring the spotlight on him and his ankle while claiming all he wants to do is keep a low profile?
First time I can every recall us going to enemy grounds with 3 players in our team that were on the oppo list.

Bring it on.

Sensible decision resting JK's ankle. A 4 hour flight would hardly aid in his healing.

So many questions to be answered:-
  1. How will our forward line be structured without JK? A view to the future.
  2. Will Vardy be able to pull out a game for the ages against a team that didn't want him? Let's hope so.
  3. Will Kelly show Wells he sold him too cheap - he should have asked for our second rounders for the next 3 years "you pancake eating MF". It will be a build up to the NFL draft so relevant.
  4. Will Jones gets a gig and deliver a 3 or 4 goal game!
  5. Will Cameron pull a hammy in the first quarter making Chris Scott spit the dummy and blame the soft cap reduction impacting his medical team?
  6. Will Ainsworth get a game as the medical sub with masses of posters with our fingers crossed chanting "No injuries" (and not just purely because he can't cross his fingers)
  7. Will Alex Witherden star in defence making Steven Wells think "If only we had of looked in our own backyard with Geelong Falcons" - instead they traded with Carlton for a nearing retirement player in Lachie Henderson the year before.
  8. Will Brander maintain his turnaround for Geelong to realise they should have just accepted a straight swap with Tim and Jarod?
  9. What will Danger do to bring the spotlight on him and his ankle while claiming all he wants to do is keep a low profile?
First time I can every recall us going to enemy grounds with 3 players in our team that were on the oppo list.

Bring it on.
Great post, so many things to look forward to this week. Including: will the reduced gravity experienced during the 4 hour flight cause Zac Langon to lose bone density in his legs?

Don’t mind JK sitting this one out - if the ankle is not 100% give him a spell and structure up with Ozzy and JD.

Does Edwards play to counter the prospect that they play Ratugolea?

Cameron-Hawkins-Ratugolea will stretch our talls down back...

Maybe we could see...

Out: Kennedy + Langdon
In: Edwards + Jones

I reckon Jones plays if we’ve taken him over - unlikely to do 2 in a row as Sub and would be due reward for an excellent WAFL game + his experience at the ground (albeit limited) can’t hurt.

O’Neill or Ainsworth or Shuey on one leg?

Decisions.

Hope Tim Kelly is set for a big one against THE TEAM THAT DIDN'T WANT HIM! to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back