Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Surely Trew comes in? O'Neill is so underwhelming every time he plays. Never has any impact at all.

What I'd like to see:

Out - Vardy, O'Neill , Langdon or Cripps (if Cameron is available)
In - Jones, Trew, Cameron (if fit)

Probably what will happen:

Out - Vardy
In - Jones

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
If Kennedy is fit he plays. Cripps won't be dropped as he's a structure man, had 7 tackles tonight. Petra isn't on our injury list so I assume he would be available? O'Neill is 50/50 after a underwhelming performance tonight, if we shine in the 2nds then he might miss too.

In: Petreculle, Trew

Out: Vardy, Cole (inj)

In my opinion, we should hold off judgment for changes until tomorrow when the Beagles play.

Yeah this. How can we possibly judge who should come in?

Having said this, I’d strongly consider dropping Vardy, resting/managing Kennedy, leaving Duggan in the backline and moving Nelson back to replace Cole. So that’d leave three spots up for grabs for the boys to fight over tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Vardy and Cole
In: Ah Chee and Trew
Use Ah Chee as ruckman like Tigers did with
M Pickett. Can't do any worse than Vardy.
Move Duggan into the backline.
Like to see what Trew has to offer at Geelong.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I would consider resting JK. He looked slow and sore tonight. We will gain from keeping him fresh

Langdon will be lucky to stay. Any peep of Petrucelle being available and he goes back to WAFL

Not sure on Cole - looked like a load of blood but hopefully no concussion

Let’s hope they play Jones in the WAFL tomorrow

Bailey - don’t rush him but I really want him to get some WAFL form. Oscar is too good to be pinch hitting

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
Out: Vardy (near useless), Langdon, Cole (concussion), Williams (if fit and if we rest JK).
In: Petch, Ryan if fit or Jones if Ryan's not fit yet, Foley (if we go for a medium defender) or Trew (if we go for a mid), JK (should we rest him).

We're literally a man down with Vardy in the side, one mark and two disposals, near useless. He has to go so we can play smaller. Either Jones or Trew has to come in. For Cole as been average at best but he's out with concussion so Foley has to come in should we play an defender or Trew comes in as that extra mid, moving Duggan back to his natural HBF. Our forward pressure was good but I didn't see Langdon provide any so Ryan has to comeback in if he's fit but Jones should take his place if we somehow retain near useless Vardy otherwise as he provides more pressure than Langdon does.

Personally, if Bunga is back and fit again I'd play him in place of Cole. That way we have extra rebounders with Witherden in the side and Bunga can defend as well. Reminds me of 2018 and 2019 with Bunga and Jetta together.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
In: Williams Winder Trew
Out: Vardy Langdon Waterman
Allen needs to stay out the ruck even at the risk of playing Vardy (if not Williams).
Probably too tall with 2 rucks + Allen, so Waterman plays some WAFL to find form.
O'Neill deserves another week.

Last edited:
We're literally a man down with Vardy in the side, one mark and two disposals, near useless.

Would rather Harry Edwards playing second fiddle in the ruck.
You know that at least he is going to have some impact around the ground.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Out Cole and Vardy (hopefully no more surprise injuries late in the week).

In... whoever isn't injured I suppose. JJ and Ah Chee maybe. Duggo can go back if required. Ah Chee can surely do a better back up ruck role than Vardy.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not many possessions ol' Vards, but he did have some super tap outs to advantage.

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Out langdon 🥔 vardy 🦀 Kennedy (rested)

In petrecelle Jones BBBW

Get some pace back into the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back