Prediction Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

It's about whether we want to be competitive in Geelong, especially with our midfield. Without them, we will get hammered badly. Bennell should play the next two, because otherwise what's the point over the last two seasons?

Whats the point of playing Bennell for the last 2 games? literally means nothing about his long term progress. I recall Ross sprouting something similar last year when they got him back in for the final 2 - how it was Bennells reward etc etc It felt good - but it made zero difference to the reality that his calf was still stuffed. Sure it felt good for everyone involved to see him rewarded for a hard rehab - but come 2018, he still missed the entire season. Be real with the kid & tell him, 2 token games at the end of the season will mean nothing for your career. Your career lies on that calf being right for round 1 next year - not round 22. Start living every second on your life on giving that every chance of happening & don't be a tool over the pre-season

I don't know if there are just people in the club making decisions in hope of saving their jobs - but i read a report that Fyfe & Walters "might" be able to be fit and playing this week and just think - why? Surely being 100% ready for day 1 of pre-season is 1000% more important at this point. Speculation still on Bennell & Sandilands being rolled out for 2 dead rubbers again... Good Grief! Play your kids, find out what they can do & if they get their arse handed to them, then they learn from it.

Rolling out your injury prone & currently niggled stars for a cloudy, possibly wet match @ Geelong, especially considering the circumstances THEY are in really wouldn't sit well with me. I read a interview just this week with Ross where he talked about "lucky richmond" and their lack of injury list - It wasn't luck at all, so much of it happened after a nightmare end to 2016 where we were fortunate to have the majority of our list ready for day 1 of the pre-season & we were able to completely re-condition the team and change our style dramatically.

That stuff does not happen by "luck" - you do everything you can to plan for it.

I read a interview just this week with Ross where he talked about "lucky richmond" and their lack of injury list - It wasn't luck at all, so much of it happened after a nightmare end to 2016 where we were fortunate to have the majority of our list ready for day 1 of the pre-season & we were able to completely re-condition the team and change our style dramatically.

That stuff does not happen by "luck" - you do everything you can to plan for it.

Peter Larkins is the only one calling it luck. The guy is a celebrity chasing moron and I say that from personal experience having consulted him myself. I was flabbergasted by his incompetence.

Whats the point of playing Bennell for the last 2 games? literally means nothing about his long term progress. I recall Ross sprouting something similar last year when they got him back in for the final 2 - how it was Bennells reward etc etc It felt good - but it made zero difference to the reality that his calf was still stuffed. Sure it felt good for everyone involved to see him rewarded for a hard rehab - but come 2018, he still missed the entire season. Be real with the kid & tell him, 2 token games at the end of the season will mean nothing for your career. Your career lies on that calf being right for round 1 next year - not round 22. Start living every second on your life on giving that every chance of happening & don't be a tool over the pre-season

I don't know if there are just people in the club making decisions in hope of saving their jobs - but i read a report that Fyfe & Walters "might" be able to be fit and playing this week and just think - why? Surely being 100% ready for day 1 of pre-season is 1000% more important at this point. Speculation still on Bennell & Sandilands being rolled out for 2 dead rubbers again... Good Grief! Play your kids, find out what they can do & if they get their arse handed to them, then they learn from it.

Rolling out your injury prone & currently niggled stars for a cloudy, possibly wet match @ Geelong, especially considering the circumstances THEY are in really wouldn't sit well with me. I read a interview just this week with Ross where he talked about "lucky richmond" and their lack of injury list - It wasn't luck at all, so much of it happened after a nightmare end to 2016 where we were fortunate to have the majority of our list ready for day 1 of the pre-season & we were able to completely re-condition the team and change our style dramatically.

Fair point. Hamstrings can tend to go from acute to chronic pretty fast. Fyfe just desperately want to end the season with a few games. But you're right, is it really worth those two?
I'd be for all playing the kids, add a debutant or two. However Geelong in Geelong can get real ugly.
It's a catch 22.

Bennell is just a disappointment this season, the aim was mid season then got injured, came back for Peel. Managed. At Freo you'd want him to get those two games, see if he holds up and then have a full pre season with those two games in confidence and we esteem. Wasted talent really.

Re: Richmond Injury list. It is more a comment of the lack of experienced personnel dealing with these injuries that we just cannot seem to get them quicker onto the park.
Fyfe- originally a three week injury. It has now been 6 weeks.

Sandi- 8 weeks layoff.

Stephen Hill- persistence groin issue. Not 100% the player he is.
It's really frustrating. Is it luck, is it personnel, is it facilities. That's what Ross probably gets at. What are Richmond doing that Freo need to significantly improve?

Bennell must be close to considered finished (I notice he's back to TBA on the injury list). The moment he gets up to close to full game time he goes down again. This after how many years of slow buildups and trying everything.

Yep, time to move on. Best for both parties. Let him concentrate on WAFL and notching up a Sandover or three.

I have a feeling we may see another first year debutant this week down at Kardinya park. I think they will bring in Hugh Dixon to have a look at how he handles it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, time to move on. Best for both parties. Let him concentrate on WAFL and notching up a Sandover or three.
No its not. He will be taking up a place on the list no other cost on pretty minimal money if he stays on for another year. Cant see any harm. Id rather keep him than sign Ballantyne for a year more and that's already happened.

No its not. He will be taking up a place on the list no other cost on pretty minimal money if he stays on for another year. Cant see any harm. Id rather keep him than sign Ballantyne for a year more and that's already happened.
No it hasn't Ballas hasn't signed yet.
I would prefer to keep Ballas, even if he doesn't play many games next season,We would use him in the same way we have with Johnson and Pearce this year.Both knew that they were there as back up players and mentors to the younger newer players. I am not sure that Harley could be that sort of person.Keep Ballas.

If I were in charge down I would put Sonny and Fyfe put to pasture for the test of the season. Same with Hamling.

All 3 are critical to our chances next year. Need them to have a good preseason.

So vs cats I would go :

Out Walters And Cerra ( needs a rest )
In. Banfield and Giro

If I were in charge down I would put Sonny and Fyfe put to pasture for the test of the season. Same with Hamling.

All 3 are critical to our chances next year. Need them to have a good preseason.

So vs cats I would go :

Out Walters And Cerra ( needs a rest )
In. Banfield and Giro

Giro played on the weekend didn't he ? Perhaps you meant Crowden

Fyfe and Walters on the plane is interesting

A bad loss and an re-injury to either of those guys wouldn't be a good look

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back