Preview Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont get the outrage honestly. People get angry at hinkley that hoff and ryder arent dropped for their bad form and yet when they are dropped everyone's mad at hinkley again.

Seriously the outrage here is too much. People not wanting us to win games just so the coach gets sacked? Like what kind of support is that?

How bout how bloody good it is going to be to have all of our leadership playing for once this year! How bout having our only key forward back in the team after a horrific injury? Why does it always have to be so negative around here...
Such a rare thing to see such positivity on here.
I’m not willing to get my hopes up and be hurt again by this club.

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not overly fussed within any of the outs, none of them were beyond getting dropped. I'm just confused why Ladhams hasn't come in, are they now saying they're not playing 2 rucks? Ladhams couldn't be in better form and I always assumed Dixon playing would have no impact on them playing 2 rucks.

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
taken 14 rounds to play something close to our best 22.
This is the first year in our AFL history that I'm less sure what our first 22 actually is right now.

With the arrival of Rozzee, Butters and Duursma plus the progression of Drew, Garner, Ladhams and Frampton plus Hartlett and Broady coming of long term injuries and the recruiting of Lycett and Burton.

I reckon if you asked 100 supporters what our best 22 is, not one would be exactly the same and many would have up to 6 different players in it.

Maybe that is a nod to our depth, maybe it's a nod to our inconsistency.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Poor ole Justin - I feel for him tremendously. If he doesn’t get the 3 Brownlow points for the Round 1 clash with Melbourne the games crooked.
Then the next game was his 250th and he was pretty terrible and has continued in that Round 2 form since, without the hint of any improvement.
After that Round 1 game I would have stuck a 1 year contract extension straight in front of him and now it looks like sadly that this will be his last year.
Please Justin find some form with the 2’s and get back to that Round 1 form, but I fear that particular boat has already left the harbour.

Last edited:

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I still hold hopes that Westy can be our first 350 game player.

He's more out of form than finished. Still a spot for him. He's almost the perfect 22nd player. I hope the hunger is still there.
At least get 301 games, that will be 1 game more that Kaney.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPP was a revelation in his first season. We were so excited about what the future held for him.
The fact he is a worse player now than he was in his first season is an indictment on our coaching staff

Reminds me of Wines. Started like a superstar and once again has regressed since

Coincidentally (not) they both have absolutely putrid disposal.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont get the outrage honestly. People get angry at hinkley that hoff and ryder arent dropped for their bad form and yet when they are dropped everyone's mad at hinkley again.

Seriously the outrage here is too much. People not wanting us to win games just so the coach gets sacked? Like what kind of support is that?

How bout how bloody good it is going to be to have all of our leadership playing for once this year! How bout having our only key forward back in the team after a horrific injury? Why does it always have to be so negative around here...
I understand what you're saying.....but majority of the people here have been here since 2007....

Yeah people here can go ott but they are still here ....they will whinge complain rage but they will be here next week doing the same sh++ ....giving their money to club yaddda yadda...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

this comment would have been valid in about March of 2016, if you dont know what poison is in coaching terms its Hinkley. We can go through all the back-flips, excuses, tactical brain fades etc etc but its way beyond that, i dont think there is any person i have despised more in the whole history of the PAFC than Hinkley, and there have been a few contenders. He is verbal diarrhea personified

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
SPP was a revelation in his first season. We were so excited about what the future held for him.
The fact he is a worse player now than he was in his first season is an indictment on our coaching staff

Reminds me of Wines. Started like a superstar and once again has regressed since

Coincidentally (not) they both have absolutely putrid disposal.

What player under Hinkley has truly developed into a star? You could say Gray and Boak, but they were well on their way before Hinkley even showed up.

The majority of our young players have more or less stagnated under Hinkley. Wingard, Wines, Polec, SPP etc all have not become the players their talent warranted them developing into.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
He also routinely gets ball, fends off and gets caught HTB

There. Ftfy

He also gives away a lot of frees. Having said that his strength around the ball will be missed against Geelong. If Wincey can tidy up his disposal and decision making then so can peps.
Speaking of Wincey can’t wait to see him strut into town with more than half an eye on the nearest tv camera.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gotta give that new poster some credit, they said this week we're finally having all our leaders on the park together for once.

While technically correct. I wholeheartedly disagree, we had our entire leadership group of Travis and Hartlett play last week and we got put to the sword. Outside of those two I've seen no other 'leaders' bust their arses and put in a good days work all year.

Remember, we chose co captains to "give us the best chance to win". what ken chose not to say at the end was "50 percent of our games, which is a pass mark for kochie and keith and is how I got this fat extension"

Oct 7, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He also gives away a lot of frees. Having said that his strength around the ball will be missed against Geelong. If Wincey can tidy up his disposal and decision making then so can peps.
Speaking of Wincey can’t wait to see him strut into town with more than half an eye on the nearest tv camera.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wingard is another great example. He dropped off badly in the last couple of seasons

Genuinely makes me worried about guys like Rozee and Duursma who have started awesome. I hope they dont follow that same path, or Ken is out before he kills them

Last edited:

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like most on here, I think Westy has been played out of position and is now a victim.

Motlop should have been dropped ahead of SPP and perhaps if we were playing someone else he may have. Think the coaches are gambling on a 'special' performance against the old club, it's not going to happen.

Otherwise I am really pleased that the 4 in's are all mongerals (Ebert, Dixon, Garner, Wines). None of them will shirk a contest and all love the physical stuff, if nothing else may we go down swinging.

SGray would have been worth dropping also, as he'd get a recall against the Dogs the following week and play a blinder, loves the bottom 6 clubs that kid.

Like most on here, I think Westy has been played out of position and is now a victim.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whats weird with SPP is that a big knock on him pre-draft was his disposal, which actually wasnt really an issue in his debut season.
His disposal was much better than was reported.
Was pretty good in general play and was kicking some awesome goals, especially from outside 50

These days he sprays the ball like Nick Gill. His goal kicking on the run is nothing short of atrocious

SPP plays one average game and gets dropped while someone like motlop being going at least a month being poor is still in. Sounds like our Ken.

SPP has been the definition of average for 18 months. Well deserved to be dropped.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Karl Amon is just as lucky as Motlop and Gray to hold his spot. He has grown a bit of a fan club on here this year but i'm still far from convinced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back