Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Buku to fill in for ruck. Bont to play more minutes forward with Baz back in.

Buku will give us more in the ruck and around the ground than Sweet did last week and Bont will give us more than Buku did in the forward line last week.

Not too bad.
Based on what? Buku was invisible playing forward in a team that won by 101 points and had 36 scoring shots. I thought he was clearly our worst player last week

From a ruck perspective, I would anticipate that we might be a bit edgy this week. You might see a Josh Dunkley or a Marcus Bontempelli put their hand up to take the odd hitout. We'll come up with a strategy that supports Tim and makes the best use of his talents while we work through the different phases of the game. Geelong are probably a bit more similar to us in how they strategise around the ruck and that allows us to do something a bit different.
I'd really rather Bukes gives a ruck chop out ahead of Bont or Dunks. Bont can rest forward while Bukes goes into the middle

Let’s see if O’Brien can do what he was recruited for and that’s some aerial assistance against Hawkins.
Rohan plays tall.
Ranga vs ranga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we panicking about the play of opposition rucks against our ruck who has been, without exaggeration, the best player in his position in the competition this season when he's out in the park? The fact that Geelong will rotate someone inexperienced through there makes me think that there's the realistic possibility that English might actually get like 30 touches this game

I know needs must…but Bont forward saddens me. There is only ever going to be one Bont and he deserves to be in the role where he is a God, not playing as a mediocre forward.
And lets put Dunkley in a forward pocket for half the game while we're at it...

BTW the Cats haven’t in an extra ruckman. That guy is playing VFL right now.

Either Narkle or Dahl will be the late in.

Looks like 3 Geelong Emergencies not playing VFL. Another late change or 2 perhaps?

Would have liked to see a tall come in for sweet, guess we will see Bont forward more.

Not surprised with sweet being out if he isn’t being used at least 50/50 in the ruck there is no point playing him as he is not a forward.

Would have given JUH a run given his confidence would be up atm and he Naughton and Buku could have caused Geelong some match up issues and forced Stewart to be accountable.

Neither Buku or UH have the endurance to play out a game and struggle to last a half, playing both in the same side is equivalent to playing with 3 on the bench. Buku is the better option as he can play in various positions.

I don’t understand why we just don’t pick Schache. Fair enough we don’t pick Buku and JUH in the same side. Fair enough we don’t select Sweet if we play him in the role we did last week.

But 9 months ago Schache was deemed good enough to be selected in a grand final side. He spent considerable ruck time last VFL game and kicked 3 goals drifting forward. Isn’t that the role that virtually is vacant right now. And he historically doesn’t get in Naughtons way.

I’m a huge Schache critic and he’s not in my best 22 but This is the type of game though you select him

:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back