Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out :Sweet,McComb
in JUH, Baz.

Khamis is struggling like JUH was but would keep him in to provide ruck relief and as a spare parts player. Could even ruck TOB and put Khamis back.

Give JUH the Stewart job. Will be a great lesson for him and he could make his accointable. I went to the cats game and our midfield should destroy them. Their backline is great so we need to lower our eyes and hit up targets. Stewart does get a lot of cheap meaningless possessions though. Terry’s son is looking good in defence. Is a good mark also so complements Stewart.

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Missed the game last night.

I see a lot calling for Sweet to be dropped (interesting how people's minds change from week to week....🤔)

Two questions.

1. If Sweet is dropped who is the back-up ruck next week?

2. Will we lose out in terms of structure if Tim can't play fwd for extended periods?

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Geelong using Blitz in the ruck again and he looks really good in there. He will try and run the guts out of English while he's still finding his aerobic capacity again so some form of ruck support is needed imo.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reckon this is Bedendo's week this week. Comes in for Scott (who goes to sub). Jamarra probably for Buku, Baz and JJ need to come in also, so probably a few unlucky ones to miss such as McComb and or McNeil or potentially a surprise out as usual. Would be very stiff on McNeil in particular, thought he played really well tonight.
More than stiff it would be a bad call but just isn’t going to happen

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was at the game tonight and watching Sweet in the air with his positioning or when the ball hit the deck wasn't pretty. It's not the most familiar role for him to be fair, but just would rather see an actual forward get that role.
It’s the role he will have to either learn or not play as there is no way he gets more ruck ahead of English.

Tim will be the number 1 ruckman in the competition during this next contract

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was thinking Sweet makes way for Baz but that game was against the most inexperience rucks and sweet will need to be there against Geelong.
Khamis and McComb out for Smith & JUH.
To do what exactly

Stewart will have a Christmas Party and Birthday in one if we don’t have players in the Forward line making them accountable and Sweet hasnt at this point got that ability

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Missed the game last night.

I see a lot calling for Sweet to be dropped (interesting how people's minds change from week to week....🤔)

Two questions.

1. If Sweet is dropped who is the back-up ruck next week?

2. Will we lose out in terms of structure if Tim can't play fwd for extended periods?
Not everyones

Outside of Baz there is no walk up ins. In fact outside of Baz, Mc Clean and Bruce there is no one out on this years form that will strengthen us much more than who we already have playing.

Too many here focus on what name players have done not where they are at now.

JJ is not ahead of McNeil, McComb or Scott at the moment and certainly not West. He needs to string a few games together in the VFL and we can reacess.

The only obvious out is Sweet, to be a number 2 ruck in this competition you must have more than one string to your bow. He doesn't.

Simply Baz in for Sweet, Khamis back up ruck anything else is shuffling deck chairs or we have injury or illness

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We def need to tag Stewart. How’d Shache go in the twos?
Don't think Shack has the wheels to go with Stewart , think Buku is a better match up for him. Has the aerial capability and athleticism to go with him only real concern is his tank to do it for the match

Al dente

All Australian
Sep 11, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
would be easy to make minimal changes after a big win,
and our bottom five of 6 that have cost us wins earlier in the year have all improved and are making a call for holding their spots which is great,
However with the difficult draw coming up and Geelong next week, we have to be ruthless and work towards our best 22.
Buku is the obvious one as he's not quite ready.
I dont think Sweet showed enough forward so he goes for mine, id play him 50/50 forward in the VFL to hone his forward craft
one of mccomb, mc neil and scott make way, will be a bit stiff

Sweet had his opportunity to make his case for Bevo to play two recognized ruckmen and he failed last night. He might not get too many more opportunities.

There's a spot for young Darcy next year in a tandem with Tim.

I'm not sure why there is such a big call for JUH to come back in to the team after one good VFL game against a team that has won 1 game for the season.

Get some consistency then think about bringing him back in.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Smith in for McComb. Played as well as he can but he’s the only small that I can’t mount an argument for as being in our best 22.

Could see Bev dropping Sweet for Schache or Cordy to keep Stewart accountable.

HK_Bulldog

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2001
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Buku has a tough gig. Weightman plays like a marking forward, Bont demands the ball and Naughton is Naughton. I’m wondering what the team instructions are because I see a lot of leading and running into space by Weightman. Naughton is the high target prowling the hot spot and Bont is the deep target. My observation is that Buku playing deep looking for morsels if Naughton and Bont are both covered or out of position. It’s a thankless role if that’s it. He basically sacrifices his game for those 3. Swapping JUH in will be interesting. Does he play the Buku role and get very few looks at it or does he play the Weightman role and we tell Weightman to stay down and be at the drop? That will be tough as Weightman is a natural ball hunter.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Huge game obviously, zero excuses not to win at Marvel. Feel like Timmy can truly be the match winner, especially if he pushes forward.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Smith in for McComb. Played as well as he can but he’s the only small that I can’t mount an argument for as being in our best 22.

Could see Bev dropping Sweet for Schache or Cordy to keep Stewart accountable.
If we are going to try hold Stewart accountable Schache has the be the one, if only for the fact he can be some threat at goal. Cordy been a ghost since his opener in 2016 granny (great goal but).

Mahama

Team Captain
Dec 28, 2003
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out: Sweet, Scott
In: BSmith, Bedendo

I rate Sweet as a promising first ruck, but he needs to be judged on the role he was played in - forward/second ruck. Just doesn't do enough in the 75% of the game where English is rucking. Buku showed good ability as second ruck at VFL level, presumably we played him there because we plan to use him in that role at AFL level at some stage, so let's try it now.

Bedendo was great on the wing the last 2 weeks - took 3 intercept marks in defensive 50 yesterday which Scott just doesn't do. Will balance nicely with Williams who's thriving as a more attacking wing.

Give JJ another week to build fitness, JUH another week to perform against a team that wasn't missing their two first choice key defenders.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think we need to be careful with selecting only the one established ruck against Geelong. Granted their ruck stocks are right up there with the worst in the league, but Hawkins is extremely damaging in those forward 50 ruck duels. Do we really want to throw someone like Khamis against him in those contests if English is off the ground.

Ins
JUH, JJ

Outs
Khamis, Mccomb.

Last edited:
Back