Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Buku could've gotten another game since Arty Jones got an extended run, but I'm really happy to see JJ back and glad Cleary has finally been given a chance :)

Nice to see Cleary in at last. He's certainly been putting in consistent games for Footscray. Sadly it's likely he'll be back to VFL again next week but at last we get a look at whether he's actually up to the level or not.

I hope he has a brilliant game but that would be a big ask for a third gamer* playing his first game for the season. And against an in-form side competing with us for a finals spot.

*Inb4 the pedants, he has officially played 4 games but didn't get onto the field in two of them.

I don’t think anyone here actually expected buku to come in and play well as a fwd/ruck. He’s liked by supporters but it was discussed that it’s not his position at afl level and he was never going to succeed.

Cleary has been playing well at vfl level all year, showed real promise in the few games he got, and is capable of doing what we lack - actually contest 1v1s reasonably well. Of course Duryea is the one holding him out but most know that too, and this aspect has also come up plenty.

It’s awkward with Duryea and Cleary both in but it would be fair for Richards to replace whichever of the two plays worse tomorrow. My preference goes to Cleary because at this stage in their careers, it makes more sense to invest in the youngster with the higher ceiling, rather than Duryea who has slowed down a lot.

But it’s understandable that Bev, in a frantic push to make the finals and probably keep his job, is going with his older, experienced option.

Not really. We replaced him with another defender so still have eight haha.
I'm gonna say he's an attacking defender rather than a stopper or interceptor. Richards is a bit of both. I think there's a bit of nuance in the defender genre.

What's QI is that JOD has come into the emergencies. I assumed that he hadn't recovered sufficiently to play but it seems he has. I would have had him in for Bruce but me thinks that it's an opportunity to see Cleary so we'll keep Bruce and his accumulated experience for this game (and familiarity with Cleary). I suspect they were pretty confident all along that Richards wouldn't get up for the game.

A good game from Cleary will shake things up. There is a core of experienced and reasonably experienced first choice players in Jones, Richards, JJ and Dale who are probably inked in barring a disastrous form slump. I think Gardner, Keath, Bruce and JOD are 4 competing for 2 spots. One or both of Cleary and VDM are a chance depending on form and whether there is a tweak to the method of attack in the last few weeks.

What a time to be alive.

This footy belongs to GWS

362976053_7128923027135083_1965888226840559389_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Buku could've gotten another game since Arty Jones got an extended run, but I'm really happy to see JJ back and glad Cleary has finally been given a chance :)
Arty got an extended run in a position we still have not filled. Buku is well down the list in his position

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Red out sucks but Cleary has been deserving a call up for a while now so he's a good replacement. Once Richards is back I'd drop Duryea and give Cleary the rest of the year since Duryea is pretty cooked.

On the positive side tomorrow, they aren't forecasting any rain and it will just be a windy 13 degrees. The turf at Mars in in great shape, so it will be some good old fashioned outdoor footy. I'm going to the game with my brother in law (an avid Bulldogs fan). We are hoping that the dogs will make it their eighth win out of eleven games at Mars Stadium and consolidate their place in the eight tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :thumbsu::)

I am thinking Toby must have some niggle to be subbed off last week. Whether it effects him tomorrow I am not sure just hope it does. There is no question about his ability but just a very poor individual that you would not want to captain your club. Chalk and cheese when compared to The Bont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back