Preview Changes vs Giants(Round 10) - ANB Out, CWags In

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
be good to see big preussdog out there in case mummy tries something funny with one of our smaller blokes, not many of the dees this year have venom and are willing to stand up to weak campaigner behaviour (case in point vardy last week)

Yeah it would be good to see if B-dog can take the mantel of hurtiest big man

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
be good to see big preussdog out there in case mummy tries something funny with one of our smaller blokes, not many of the dees this year have venom and are willing to stand up to weak campaigner behaviour (case in point vardy last week)
I think we’ve got a few. Viney, ANB, Clarry, but * yeah, I would pay $500 to see Preuss KO the mummy.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Plus we are still missing May, VDB and Nev who are all capable of wrecking opponents. I miss Pedo Bear. He was normally good for pole axing at least one bloke a week.

Why not Preuss? Gawn is going to be monstered by Mummy.

And Gawn doesn't like it apparently.
Lol. The last time Gawn and Mumford went head to head Gawn got 2 Brownlow votes in a 35 point loss. I think he'll be fine.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Lol. The last time Gawn and Mumford went head to head Gawn got 2 Brownlow votes in a 35 point loss. I think he'll be fine.

Look Maybe. But GWS have Dawson Simpson(another ex-Cat Ruckman go figure) in emergencies and I think that we need Preuss as standby in any case. I mean why did we trade for him in the off-season for anyway?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Look Maybe. But GWS have Dawson Simpson(another ex-Cat Ruckman go figure) in emergencies and I think that we need Preuss as standby in any case. I mean why did we trade for him in the off-season for anyway?

As a backup ruck option. The real question is why did he come here.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
No one has venom bar Preuss, Viney, Harmes, Preuss and Frost. So thats over 20%. So I guess we do have venom.

Gawn is a two time AA ruckman. He's dominated each other ruck in the comp on at least one occasion. People are taking the fact that he had two bad consecutive games several months ago way too seriously.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Giants are a quick team, we can’t afford to have preuss in the team. As soon as the ball is 5m away from his area, he is useless.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I badly want Preuss to play, but it doesn’t seem to make sense. He’s just fun.
I want him to play always. Even though I’m totally aware that’s likely a bad idea and dodgy selection. I like the Preuss

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
ANB has no venom at all, just a big mouth.

At least that stupid tiny fluttering hope that we could still make finals will be extinguished if we lose on Sunday.

Can’t wait for the “what if, maybe...” messages in my brain to die.

Then we can get back to the tried and true Melbourne supporter stuff of assessing theoretical promise in random debutants plus working out what we might get with a high first round pick.

Genuinely think we can get back stronger in 2020. This was the Keating style recession we had to have.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Giants are a quick team, we can’t afford to have preuss in the team. As soon as the ball is 5m away from his area, he is useless.
We are not a quick team these days. Our mids are Taranto, Hopper and Coniglio. Gawn will comfortably account for Mumford. As usual it will be contested ball, pressure and ball use that will determine result.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
We are not a quick team these days. Our mids are Taranto, Hopper and Coniglio. Gawn will comfortably account for Mumford. As usual it will be contested ball, pressure and ball use that will determine result.

I think you have a solid read on this mate. You guys are about to get ****ed.

Back