Prediction Changes vs Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Bevo's presser, Dahlhaus and Adams and Williams are not expected to be ready for the Suns game.

Would like to see Dunkley back in.

Either Minson or Boyd has to come in as a second ruck option, perhaps both. Redpath is not a viable pinch-hit ruck option.

Plenty of players who played against Richmond who should be nervous. Dickson foremost in that category.

Out Libba Dickson Roberts Webb Jong

In Dahl(Dale)Adams(Collins) Toyd Honey Dunkley

How did Hamling, Cordy and Collins play? We really need another tall defender next week.
I'm interested to find that out myself. Couldn't be bothered sitting around doing not much in the city for a few hours between games so gave it a miss. Would be stoked to see Collins get a game.

In: Boyd, Honey
Out: Webb, Libba

Roughy is much better as 2nd ruck, mobile around the ground big. Tempted to bring Minson in too but Red, Boyd, Minson, Roughy is likely too big. I want to give Red and Boyd a few weeks fwd together to see how it works, I think they have played 3-4 games together in their careers so need a few weeks to test it out before finals.

Love Webby but has had two very average games unfortunately. Bev is obviously thinking long term have him playing as mid / fwd but I just think he is a better HBF at AFL level, so back to the 2s for now to work on his midfield game. Bugger injuries, poor Libba, hope it isn't too bad.

Need to lift : Wallis - just going ok, is a better player than last few games. Redpath - got a couple goals in the end but wasn't great, has a few credits still imo. Roughy - got soundly beaten by Hampson, better as 2nd ruck so back to that position and needs to be better. Jong - was ok, stays in, especially with Libba out. Was good in and under, hoping he can get up closer to 20 touches and involved more around the ground. Dickson - was better tonight and got involved a lot more, ran pretty hard. Needs to keep playing well and get closer to that damaging 2015 form we know he has.

Agreed with this except for Dickson.

Would give him one more week.

Not sure if Dahlhaus is fit yet? If he is bring him in for sure.

Dickson has already had 4 weeks too many

He dead set Sh!t himself 4 times tonight and took short steps on at least 3 more occasions.

Sticks an arm out in an "attempt" to tackle when it's evident he really doesn't want to make the tackle.

Not many AFL players deserve the label scared but he is vey close to it.

Time to go back to the VFL and get form

Dickson has probably had enough chances. Either needs to be rested if his poor form is due to niggles or played in the VFL if he's just been straight up bad.

Problem is we're already kind of low on goal kickers/natural forwards. Not that Dickson's done a whole lot of that, but without him, with Crameri missing, as well as McLean, our only true forwards are Stringer, Redpath and Boyd. Most of our smalls are more mids than small forwards. We have a hard enough time getting goals from forwards as is. So I can see why the MC would be inclined to just stick it out with Dickson, hoping that he'll just get it together by playing in the AFL side, because dropping him reduces our already reduced options. But he's really not been up to it for a while now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This except Drederick Tatum = Tom Boyd and Homer = Gold Coast

Dickson has already had 4 weeks too many

He dead set Sh!t himself 4 times tonight and took short steps on at least 3 more occasions.

Sticks an arm out in an "attempt" to tackle when it's evident he really doesn't want to make the tackle.

Not many AFL players deserve the label scared but he is vey close to it.

Time to go back to the VFL and get form

I agree and wouldn't be unhappy to see him dropped.

Would give him one more week against a low ranked opposition to pull his finger out.

I agree and wouldn't be unhappy to see him dropped.

Would give him one more week against a low ranked opposition to pull his finger out.

Suns are a better team than the Tigers mate.

Hasn't done a thing all year time to give someone else a crack

Hopefully the player group will allow Toyd to play. They stopped him from playing this week, even Bev was keen for him to play

Bev is the coach if he really wants him to play he plays.

This bloody player group rubbish needs to be pulled in. The cart doesn't drag the horse.

We need him in now not when the players delicate pyzshcies are in order.

Get the rubbish out and play the blokes that are going to help us in finals. Sick to death of playing blokes on form from 12 months ago and rewarding spuds that play well in the VFL it is going to cost us in finals

Bev is the coach if he really wants him to play he plays.

This bloody player group rubbish needs to be pulled in. The cart doesn't drag the horse.

We need him in now not when the players delicate pyzshcies are in order.

Get the rubbish out and play the blokes that are going to help us in finals. Sick to death of playing blokes on form from 12 months ago and rewarding spuds that play well in the VFL it is going to cost us in finals
Yeah not happy that because player group said no, means he doesn't play.

Wonder who it is? Morris possible

Will be interesting to see how we go without our two best inside mids not available. Stringer will have to play most of the game in the guts and we might need to send Clay to a few center bounces. Hopefully Wallis can step up in Libbas absence.

This except Drederick Tatum = Tom Boyd and Homer = Gold Coast

"Tom, do you feel remorse for your act?"

"Oh yes. Believe me, my god, if I could turn back the clock on my teammate's punch-receiving, I would certainly reconsider it."

According to Bevo's presser, Dahlhaus and Adams and Williams are not expected to be ready for the Suns game.

Would like to see Dunkley back in.

Either Minson or Boyd has to come in as a second ruck option, perhaps both. Redpath is not a viable pinch-hit ruck option.

Plenty of players who played against Richmond who should be nervous. Dickson foremost in that category.

Bev was also asked about whether TBoyd would play next week. He responded that his performance was "even to low key" and that no one was breaking the door down from today's VFL match. Bev also alluded to the fact that there were similar issues at VFL, which I think he was referring to disposal skills and poor decision making.

Bev added that TBoyd would be considered during the week and it would depend on the general consensus as to whether he would return. Presumably this is in reference to administrators, match committee and the leadership group.

Most of you will be pleased that he said our ruck set up would not be the preferred "template" going forward. So (IMO) expect one of Minson, Campbell or TBoyd as an inclusion this week.

Finally, Bev didn't think lack of height played a role in our performance, but it was our poor disposal and decision making.

I think, based on all of this, we won't see much change at the selection table. I'm guessing they will go with:

Out: Webb
In: TBoyd*

*If not TBoyd, then I think they will go with Minson (given Campbell is injured).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back