Preview Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously haven't seen RTB's press conference.
He specifically mentioned tackles
I did see the conference and he cuts himself short when he say tackles, as if it caught himself saying what he normally says. He then specifically mentioned kicking goals like he needed to reaffirm Yarran's actual important KPI, because if you're bringing in Yarran to focus on tackling over kicking goals then you're wasting a load of talent. It's not that I think Ross wants Yarran to not care about tackling it's just that for the progression of our football club, we need to sacrifice some defensive effort to score more and Yarran is one of the perfect players in that regard.

I hope Yarran impresses because he probably isn't going to get too many more chances. But playing in our forward line is so difficult, it's going to be hard for him.

Barring injury he'll play out the season you'd think.The ball's in his court and I think he'll belt it down the line for a winner.Every forward in the league works hard defensively,just some are better suited to it.As Lyon said Yazza Yarran is a very rapid and highly aerobic athlete,so he's suited.
As Ross also said nobody comes in and chops things up on their AFL debut,but I reckon once he adjusts to the increased pace and pressure he'll be a weapon for us.Certainly hope so.

Please no clarke , seriously i rather see salim kick drop punt than clarke jogging or walking around the field. If clark can put the effort salim try to defend him he will be at least 25 % better .
Again... I want clarke in to make sure he gets to 100 games. think of his possible sons. think of the children

Yarran has a 2 year contract and we have heaps of other players to delist. I just assume he will be around next season regardless of how he goes this season if he is showing the right attitude and doesn't have any ongoing injury issues.

Yarran has a 2 year contract and we have heaps of other players to delist. I just assume he will be around next season regardless of how he goes this season if he is showing the right attitude and doesn't have any ongoing injury issues.

Can't see any reason he's even be in faint lemon juice writing on the delist side of the ledger.
Has had injuries but is in a position we desperately need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well didn't think they were going to play one ruck so it was either Spud A or Spud B. s**t Moller could have thrived this year.

Happy to see Yarran debut and Langdon straight back in.

Will be an exciting game I think.

With Ross having his favourites (and non-favourites), very obvious now De Boer's number is stamped. Can't get a game with the outs and in good form - Mzungu ahead as well as Langdon. He's a tough nut and solid player, his performance in the Prelim last year was his best game for the club ever. And have to say he provides more then my buddy Suban does. At least he gets multiple tackles and has a impact on the game, whereas Nic has had 31 disposals over 3 games! (Stephen Hill had 37 disposals alone against Geelong..)

While his goal kicking and athleticism are reason enough for Yarran to make his debut, from what I've seen he is strong overhead when marking. Damned useful given that we routinely fail to kick in front of our forwards and roost the ball on their heads.

With Ross having his favourites (and non-favourites), very obvious now De Boer's number is stamped. Can't get a game with the outs and in good form - Mzungu ahead as well as Langdon. He's a tough nut and solid player, his performance in the Prelim last year was his best game for the club ever. And have to say he provides more then my buddy Suban does. At least he gets multiple tackles and has a impact on the game, whereas Nic has had 31 disposals over 3 games! (Stephen Hill had 37 disposals alone against Geelong..)

Bit rough to pull out a very freaky good game from Hill as a comparison. His form this season hasn't exactly been consistent either (though obviously still one of our better players).

As for Clarke in, well we saw it coming. Ross has been keen for two rucks for ages. He will play them if can at all justify it, the problem is that Clarke or Hannath (the latter with less opportunity of course) just haven't come close to grabbing their chances.

At least by now our expectations of how Clarke will go are as low as they can be, surely we can only be pleasantly surprised from here.

I hope Yarran tries to take screamers and banana kick goals from 50. If he gives a risk of 3mins of brilliance for 3 goals I'll be happy. If I see him chasing blokes and blocking I'll be sh1tty. 3 touches for 3 goals I'm happy. Don't care how many tackles he lays.

Watch his highlights reel.
There is a passage where a defender thought he was clear, fair enough too when he had a 18 metre break from the nearest opponent, but, he didn't figure on the extreme pace of Yaz who ran him down before he got another ten metres away. Absolutely unbelievable speed and I am certain it was that passage of play that dazzled Ross Lyon.
There is nothing false or laboured with Shane and he doesn't catch up to the defender just after they dispose of the ball. Not only is Yaz a great kick on goal and uses his speed to get a break on the lead, he is always a danger for defenders because of how quickly he can run them down.
Takes a competitive mark too.
Really thrilled for this guy. I just hope it is dry so everything he has is on display.

For me this is the most anticipated debut since Stephen Hill.

Last edited:
Clarke in allows Apeness some much needed rucktime in the WAFL too, look at the brightside guys :rainbow:
+ closer to 100 games:rainbow:
True , that just flash into my mind that maybe going to watch peel play this weekend. No clarke and suban if still win against demon i will be pretty happy.

Watch his highlights reel.
There is a passage where a defender thought he was clear, fair enough too when he had a 18 metre break from the nearest opponent, but, he didn't figure on the extreme pace of Yaz who ran him down before he got another ten metres away. Absolutely unbelievable speed and I am certain it was that passage of play that dazzled Ross Lyon.
There is nothing false or laboured with Shane and he doesn't catch up to the defender just after they dispose of the ball. Not only is Yaz a great kick on goal and uses his speed to get a break on the lead, he is always a danger for defenders because of how quickly he can run them down.
Takes a competitive mark too.
Really thrilled for this guy. I just hope it is dry so everything he has is on display.

For me this is the most anticipated debut since Stephen Hill.
Not me. That will be Balic when it happens. Yarran's weakness is the consistency of his effort across a game and his ability to repeat lead. Interesting to see how he goes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back