Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

BONNER BONER!!!

Lovin' the love for Riley. Sure, his kicking's still a bit dodgy and he runs himself into a bit of trouble but, s**t, if ever there's a perfect game to give him a taste of AFL footy, it's a dead rubber against dead opposition.

And f@%k it, if/since we're handing out farewell games, I wanna see Butch in a Power guernsey one last time...

in - butcher, snelling, bonner
out - schulz, ebert, oshea

thanks for the memories jay, but last week was official goodbye game.
eberts head needs a rest. has had a great year, nothing left for him to prove.
oshea can clear his locker out this week. isnt a good fit for our team, hopefully he fits in elsewhere.

butcher....tease us one last time butch
snelling and bonner to debut. Need to upgrade him first, im sure we have adequate injuries to cover that.

Lobbe to play full game in ruck. Trengove in the backlines.

toumpass gets to go again due to him being young and it was his first game back in.

A player isn't going to be upgraded for one game to go so I doubt Snelling is on the selector's books atm.

Toumpas has been dropped twice this year and has had eight games. I am all for giving Jimmy a chance but not at the expense of others who also deserve a chance. Jimmy will be 23 next year and have had five years on an AFL list and his contract will expire so it should be, do it next year or bye bye Jimmy.

IN: Butcher, Snelling, Bonner
OUT: Schulz, Toumpas, O'Shea

Arch unlucky.
Also adding Austin in for Krakouer.

Krakouer unlucky but I want to see Bonner play.

Out : O'Shea, Schulz, Neade
In : Butcher, Bonner, Austin

O'Shea for Austin.

Bonner replaces Krak down back, who replaces Neade up forward.

Butcher for Schulz is a no brainer, given Schulz is physically stuffed and rushing Dixon back for a dead rubber would just be compounding playing him injured earlier.

I expect Ken will bring Dixon back though. Bringing Butcher back is an admission his dropping was wrong, and he's too pig headed to do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we just ring up Rocket, agree that Port win say 15.10 to 11.14 then both groups of players can start Mad Monday early and we have a nice holiday on the Gold Coast.

Riley Bonner had 16 touches by the way and kicked a goal.

Maybe for the melts and symptomatic of this season we can promote Snelling and make him an emergency. Non-travelling of course.

Oh so we focus on the future with 1 game left in the season hey?

Reality is that Ken should have been playing the kids from about a month ago, but he kept putting up that front like we still had a chance to make the finals.

Would love to see both Bonner and Snelling this weekend, but it's a bit too late.

Final one for the year:

In: Austin, Bonner, Dixon, Jonas, Snelling
Out: Broadbent, Lobbe, O'Shea, Schulz, Toumpas

B: Darcy Byrne-Jones ~ Logan Austin ~ Thomas Jonas
HB: Jasper Pittard ~ Tom Clurey ~ Nathan Krakouer
C: Brad Ebert ~ Oliver Wines ~ Jared Polec
HF: Jarman Impey ~ Charlie Dixon ~ Karl Amon
F: Justin Westhoff ~ Jesse Palmer ~ Aaron Young
R: Jackson Trengove ~ Travis Boak ~ Robbie Gray

Int: Sam Gray ~ Riley Bonner ~ Will Snelling ~ Jake Neade

Emg: Matthew Broadbent ~ Jimmy Toumpas ~ Brendon Ah Chee

partly-cloudy.png

Min 9
Max 22
Mostly sunny.
Possible rainfall: 0 mm
Chance of any rain: 20%
rain_20.gif

Gold Coast area

Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds becoming southerly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon.

Final one for the year:

In: Austin, Bonner, Dixon, Jonas, Snelling
Out: Broadbent, Lobbe, O'Shea, Schulz, Toumpas

B: Darcy Byrne-Jones ~ Logan Austin ~ Thomas Jonas
HB: Jasper Pittard ~ Tom Clurey ~ Nathan Krakouer
C: Brad Ebert ~ Oliver Wines ~ Jared Polec
HF: Jarman Impey ~ Charlie Dixon ~ Karl Amon
F: Justin Westhoff ~ Jesse Palmer ~ Aaron Young
R: Jackson Trengove ~ Travis Boak ~ Robbie Gray

Int: Sam Gray ~ Riley Bonner ~ Will Snelling ~ Jake Neade

Emg: Matthew Broadbent ~ Jimmy Toumpas ~ Brendon Ah Chee

No point in bringing Dixon back for one game, even if it is against his old club. He looks nowhere near fit.

Same goes with Jonas after so long out as well.

Toumpas was horrible but I think you have to give him another go for his confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back