Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope VDM doesn’t read this stuff!!!!
Why would any player join us on this ship of fools as it emotionally knee jerks its way around a subject that they're at very the heart of?

Thought the selection was better.Hope Vandermeer can be better.And Clarke and Arty can both star for Footscray.Which is what we need.So Weightman can stop spoiling.And take marks in the centre of ground. Macrae is a replacement for Libba or Treloar. Hopefully Treloar plays better this week. Lobb is hopefully now just back up.List management was too on the fence last year.Should have traded.
Depending on matchups and run of play, should be who is deemed deep forward.Not a closed mind.If you have options. Then be flexible. Naughton, Jamarra and Darcy can all take marks. .Anywhere on the ground !
If they are standing next to each other
And none marks the ball.
The system is wrong. As in since 2021.
So ineptitude of planning is too blame.
Team game it is , and like chess .You move pieces as per game flow.

Like for like changes. Won't be any different if the changes occured or not. We will lose inconsistently because of the coach and game plan. We will win inconsistently because of the talent we have. Can't call what will happen, either is no surprise. What a waste
This is my point of view as well. But I think that we're stuck at like for like station because (aside from Macrae) of the quality of mids that we have to choose from who are not currently in the side. Its a long line of fresh recruits, cast offs and the never gonna make its.

We might get lucky with one of the recent recruits but having not seen them, they're hard to judge. the rest for the most part do not fill me with much confidence that our attempts to refresh the midfield will be terribly successful in the short term. At least they seem to have settled on the same wing combo for two weeks in a row. So there's that... I guess.

Macrae more than just fitness.

Going through an evolution (he loves throwing this out there)

Named Gallagher and Sanders as those that have made it difficult for Macrae and CD to be in the team.

Said selection was not an issue nor the reason for the Melbourne loss.

Darcy will play, non-commital on who will be out until after todays training, but won’t be a small/medium.

Naughton won’t go back and something about him not being 100% last week that wasn’t realised till after the game.
Bit of a head scratcher that he named 'Gallagher and Sanders as those that have made it difficult for Macrae and CD to be in the team.' rather than others that underperformed ..... :think:

Last edited:
Massive game for us tomorrow. Will be great to see Darcy play. Looking forward to Gag's and Buku - hopefully, they can build on last week. Worried about VDM, but I'm going to assume the match committee has their reasons (pressure small forward I assume).
Imagine this: a win tomorrow; JUH announces a 4-year extension next week; Jack, Keith, and co have strong performances in the VFL to start to demand selection; we flog the Weagles the following game.

Yeah look with that line up VDM just has to play deep small forward. No wing bullshit don’t bring him up into the play. If he plays his KPIs just have to be 25+ PAs and 5 tackles, I don’t care if he doesn’t touch the footy. He has to be a genuine weapon defensively as he’s so poor offensively, so if he’s going to play ******* do it. Last week he did not.

If he does that and takes some defensive load off the rest of the forward line then great I’m here for it. But that role last week was bullshit

Imagine this: a win tomorrow; JUH announces a 4-year extension next week; Jack, Keith, and co have strong performances in the VFL to start to demand selection; we flog the Weagles the following game.

I think you've time slipped into a different universe. In this one we are doomed to lose every game this season, English has become the worst ruckman in the league, Bevo has been revealed as the actual Antichrist, and Vandermeer his son.

And all this found out from only one round!

Yeah look with that line up VDM just has to play deep small forward. No wing bullshit don’t bring him up into the play. If he plays his KPIs just have to be 25+ PAs and 5 tackles, I don’t care if he doesn’t touch the footy. He has to be a genuine weapon defensively as he’s so poor offensively, so if he’s going to play ******* do it. Last week he did not.

If he does that and takes some defensive load off the rest of the forward line then great I’m here for it. But that role last week was bullshit
The bloke can’t even make the distance from 30 or hit a 5 metre handball. He can be as defensive as we want but players like him are the reason why we turn the ball over so much.

Who's sub do we think? My guess is Poulter or Baker
My guess Baker as sub more probable upside with Poulter and likely similar output from both. Makes more sense to put the development into potentially higher upside player.
Just my opinion so highly likely wrong and it will be diametrically opposed to what I proposed

Not sure who will line up on Walter but if it's Khamis he will have to get on his bike. Walter may be a first gamer but he is big, strong and quick. Big future ahead for him.
If the Gold Coast mids get on top then we are going to have just a bit of trouble with King, Lukosius, Walter and Casboult. Poor Jonesy could be trying to cover more than just his own opponent (as usual!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure who will line up on Walter but if it's Khamis he will have to get on his bike. Walter may be a first gamer but he is big, strong and quick. Big future ahead for him.
If the Gold Coast mids get on top then we are going to have just a bit of trouble with King, Lukosius, Walter and Casboult. Poor Jonesy could be trying to cover more than just his own opponent (as usual!)

Would’ve loved to give Buss a crack. If he ain’t getting a game now with O’Donnell and Gardner out. When will he?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would’ve loved to give Buss a crack. If he ain’t getting a game now with O’Donnell and Gardner out. When will he?

One might assume that he isn't being considered because he's not yet physically strong enough, not quick enough, or both. As a 1st Round selection we might have expected to see him by now but I suppose we need to be patient. If either Keath or Gardner are the next cab off the Key Defender rank then we may be just a bit concerned.

Last edited:
The last time I felt this frustrated as a supporter of the club was in the final days of McCartney.

Even McCartney didn't screw around with things as much as Beveridge. Right now, Bont's best years are being wasted and that's a disgrace.
Your memory must be playing tricks on you.

This level of frustration is equivalent to McCartney’s best day coaching.

Perhaps when he demonstrates some consistently strong form at VFL level.

I’m not hearing reports that he is bashing down the selection door just yet.

I do like Khamis and last week he was pretty good on a much ch taller player but a first glance it doesn’t seem we are setting our defence up to have the tools?

King, Lukosius, Caboult and Walter - are all 195+

For our 195+ defenders we have…..

Jones

Khamis and Coffield are 190-192 - just don’t have the height.

Is there some trick? Ie The Hawthorn dream team only tended to have one big (Frawley:Lake) but seems really risky - we get frustrated that he want make creative changes on game day but this is certainly risky.

With someone of Keath’s ability (despite him not being what he was) being left out of the side - Bevo must be cooking something up?

But leaving Macrae out is as crazy. And Scott v VDM??

After a small sample size it is possible we may be a bottom 4 team. We have very few injuries at the moment and do not look like a team challenging for top 8. If we cop our normal injury toll to key players then the team will look even worst. To finish bottom 4 with no first round selection would be a terrible start for the new coach.

I think you've time slipped into a different universe. In this one we are doomed to lose every game this season, English has become the worst ruckman in the league, Bevo has been revealed as the actual Antichrist, and Vandermeer his son.

And all this found out from only one round!

Dees are slaughtering the hawks early ….read into that what you will.At least we were competitive for a large part of the game.Could get very ugly for the hawks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dees are slaughtering the hawks early ….read into that what you will.At least we were competitive for a large part of the game.Could get very ugly for the hawks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah could take that two different ways
- we aren't as good as we thought pre-season, hawks are just really bad
- we aren't as bad as we looked R1, Dees are just on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back