Preview Changes vs GWS (Elimination Final)

Remove this Banner Ad

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
In: Trengove, Dickson
Out: Cordy, West

Don’t like dropping Westy but had to find room for Dicko to come back. I think his goal kicking will be invaluable and he likes that ground. Cordy just has to go. Should have been dropped instead of Trengove for the game against the Crows and was clearly our worst performer.

In: Trengove

Adelaide marked way more high, floaty balls than they should've in forward 50. Need Trengove for some muscle and aerial prowess.

Dickson for West
If libba is right he comes in for Hayes/Richards.

Bringing him in after a long layoff before finals seems to work well
Good point. I cant bring him in for richards as he is one of our best runners imo. Hayes, maybe. Interesting dilemma.

I like the bye before finals. Rest up, recharge and hit it full tilt.

Similar thoughts. Presuming all are fit and healthy from today, reckon Trengove and Dickson are the possible ins.

Dickson's big game record makes him a 100% in, the question is who goes out. Reckon we've got so many who can rotate through the small forward/wing roles that any of them could make way without a major team imbalance.

The 3 for mine that are in question are West, Richards or Hayes.

I thought West was really good today. His aggression and fast hands added a lot to our mix, I'd retain him. That leaves Richards (whose productivity is an issue but does provide moments of brilliance) or Hayes (who lacks class but runs his guts out).

Push comes to shove, I'd leave out an unlucky Hayes, with Smith and Richards getting more time as pure wingmen.

The other issue is Young v Cordy v Trengove for 2 kpd spots.

Young has been so good in the past 8 days he's probably first picked of the 3, which seemed unthinkable before last week.

So it's Trengove's big body and 1 on 1 competitiveness vs Cordy mobility and versatility.

Could see the MC going either way, I'd feel a little more confident seeing Trengove walking to Cameron and would leave out an unlucky Cordy but suspect the MC will go the other way.

IN Trengove, Dickson
OUT Cordy, Hayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your thoughts on Richards?
Doesnt get enough of the ball BUT on a fast break thru the middle he is blistering. If he can do it 2-3 times he will be the difference imo. He is also played out of position.

I said last week after watching Richards live, that id like to see him replaced for the rest of the season.

I’m a massive fan. I’ve advocated leaving him in the team relentlessly. But he just isn’t physically ready yet (in a way that West is). Richards doesn’t get to enough contests and isn’t strong enough to impact them even if he does. Yet.

Would feel bad for Richards if he got dropped - and he shows flashes a couple of times a game of what his potential is - but he's skated by when others have gotten the ax for better performances this season. If it's between he, West and Hayes for Dickson...Tough choice.

Suspect West will be the one to make way.

Don’t understand the Cordy hate either.

Caleb’s ball use would really round us out as a team, if fit. Imagine if Libba Was fit, what would our first choice centre bounce look like?

Don’t understand the Cordy hate either.

Caleb’s ball use would really round us out as a team, if fit. Imagine if Libba Was fit, what would our first choice centre bounce look like?

Our starting centre bounce group would look exactly the same.

Libba would be situated on the interchange bench.

Similar thoughts. Presuming all are fit and healthy from today, reckon Trengove and Dickson are the possible ins.

Dickson's big game record makes him a 100% in, the question is who goes out. Reckon we've got so many who can rotate through the small forward/wing roles that any of them could make way without a major team imbalance.

The 3 for mine that are in question are West, Richards or Hayes.

I thought West was really good today. His aggression and fast hands added a lot to our mix, I'd retain him. That leaves Richards (whose productivity is an issue but does provide moments of brilliance) or Hayes (who lacks class but runs his guts out).

Push comes to shove, I'd leave out an unlucky Hayes, with Smith and Richards getting more time as pure wingmen.

The other issue is Young v Cordy v Trengove for 2 kpd spots.

Young has been so good in the past 8 days he's probably first picked of the 3, which seemed unthinkable before last week.

So it's Trengove's big body and 1 on 1 competitiveness vs Cordy mobility and versatility.

Could see the MC going either way, I'd feel a little more confident seeing Trengove walking to Cameron and would leave out an unlucky Cordy but suspect the MC will go the other way.

IN Trengove, Dickson
OUT Cordy, Hayes

I think Cameron’s too athletic for Trenners. Probably a better match up for Cordy or Young imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back