Preview Changes vs GWS Giants - Round 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think I was like 10 or 11 when he burst onto the scene. Swear one year (early stages) he was not leading the goal kicker in the league with Lloyd.

Funnily enough AFL youtube posted this just the other day

Taylor? Who da F is Taylor? Don't remember that name at all lol.

Richard Taylor

From Hawthorn

Had a punch on with Phil Matera at training

Otherwise kinda forgettable

Richard Taylor

From Hawthorn

Had a punch on with Phil Matera at training

Otherwise kinda forgettable

Can't imagine Fido taking a backward step. Right up there with Pridda for greatest contribution to the club without getting a flag IMO.

Interesting that Petruccelle has gone from preseason whipping boy to barely rating a mention in these threads. Has definitely shown improvement in the small forward role since coming back into the 22. Getting more regularly involved in link up play, hitting the scoreboard (hasn't gone a game without a goal this year), being in position for the crumb more often. No doubt he can keep getting better too.

That said, if we're keeping the structure of this squad similar and going like for like, I'd rather Petch swapped for Ryan than to see JJ go out.

Great call. His off the ball work has improved dramatically. He’s starting to read the ball much better too. Really liking him at the moment.

Yeah Petch has actually shown some improvement, so props to him. He's still not a fantastic small forward, but he's moved up the list from "liability" to "worth a goal a game". I still reckon though he's on the chopping block when Rioli comes back in.

Glad to hear we redrafted Blayne-train Wilson
Ah crap . Edward looks so much like a Wilson. It's because his a new kid and I haven't seen too much of him. His that's kind of vanilla type and goes under the radar that's why I accidentally forgot his name and thought it was Wilson.

Never gonna hear the end of this now am I haha

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I also had zero recollection (Thanks Keys), that kicking style didn't inspire confidence ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Petch has actually shown some improvement, so props to him. He's still not a fantastic small forward, but he's moved up the list from "liability" to "worth a goal a game". I still reckon though he's on the chopping block when Rioli comes back in.
Probably be out of JJ and Petch I think.
I guess whoever performs best until/if Rioli returns.

Yeah what the hell happened with that guy? I wonder if BOND 007 can give us some insights about why we picked him and what happened after that.

We nailed the draft (even with 'missing' TK) but geez Burrows, Olango and England in the rookie draft wasn't great (albeit I do hope we continue to take higher upside players as rookies - rather than low-risk Kane Lucas types).

Yeah what the hell happened with that guy? I wonder if BOND 007 can give us some insights about why we picked him and what happened after that.

Memory will be foggy as they were getting on the good stuff with Willie.

Answer will be something about not wanting to miss out on a Liam Ryan or a Tim Kelly for cheap and having to pay a lot more the following year.

They would have also been packing their dacks at the thought of wading through 500 "West Coast only draft vanilla players" threads here on BigFooty.

I just watched a 2002 game on YouTube, the game we broke the Brisbane Lions 20 game winning streak and Troy Wilson was missing sitters from the goal square, kicking 50m bombs and cleaning up future failed senior coaches like Justin Leppitsch. I’m tempted to create a Troy Wilson thread to showcase his brilliance.
Is this the same game that Damien Adkins laced big Willo out with a couple of absolute worm burners (or “spears” as Derwayne refers to them as)?

Was a flash in the pan player for a couple of years Adkins but definitely remember he could really hit targets by foot (when not under pressure that is).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back