Preview Changes vs GWS Giants - Round 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult selection week but like many others, I would have kept Jones. Probably would have dropped Ah Chee or Waterman but feel Waterman (despite his mistakes last week) is too good a player not to be in the side. Just feels too tall and I would like a bit more ground ball pressure, which Jones supplies.

That said, I get them wanting to retain Ah Chee this week too.

Facebook comments section usually has the correct opinions?.. not the back the good character brigade

In my experience it usually has the ”fans” who complain every week that their current whipping boy, which at the moment is commonly Nelson, is in the side. And they do so without fail, and without any regard for team balance, previous performance, the unavailability of other players, etc.

“Why the **** is Nelson in the side over Williams?” Well one’s a defender and one’s a ruckman, so...

“How does Nelson get picked over Harry Edwards?” Because we’ve already got three tall defenders in the side, so...

“I can’t believe Nelson is in the team over Hutchings!” Maybe because Hutchings has been injured for the last month...

Those sort of “correct opinions”

Interesting they drop Jones. His been a shining light this season for us.
I guess it's starting to get difficult for selections now we got our players back.

Ryan replaces Jones.

Ah Chee and Waterman survives the chop.
Not sure but I guess the choice was dropping one out of Ah Chee, Waterman and Jones.

I probably would of dropped Waterman to gives us more speed. But he was pretty poor last week so I guess he paid the price for it. Jones needs to improve on consistentcy as now it's getting harder for match committee. Players need to earn there spot. It's a good thing as it makes them accountable. Waterman is on thin ice though. Needs to have a good game this week.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Even with Hogan why are Rotham and Edwards required? Let alone without Hogan.....Allen could play KPD if required. I think the selection is trying to fit the best 22 players in regardless of structure. Hardwick and Clarkson always dropped good players for structure. I feel like the MC is weak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with Hogan why are Rotham and Edwards required? Let alone without Hogan.....Allen could play KPD if required. I think the selection is trying to fit the best 22 players in regardless of structure. Hardwick and Clarkson always dropped good players for structure. I feel like the MC is weak

Look at the talls in the Gaint's forward line, it's the real land of gaints. We need the height to match them.

In my experience it usually has the ”fans” who complain every week that their current whipping boy, which at the moment is commonly Nelson, is in the side. And they do so without fail, and without any regard for team balance, previous performance, the unavailability of other players, etc.

“Why the **** is Nelson in the side over Williams?” Well one’s a defender and one’s a ruckman, so...

“How does Nelson get picked over Harry Edwards?” Because we’ve already got three tall defenders in the side, so...

“I can’t believe Nelson is in the team over Hutchings!” Maybe because Hutchings has been injured for the last month...

Those sort of “correct opinions”
Look i get it you are in the Nelson good guy brigade

But he constantly makes bad decisions and silly mistakes that give the opposition goals

I actually can't think of someone worse than Nelson to replace him though

He just really needs to get the constant silly stuff out of his game

You just like to ignore that he makes silly decisions weekly that give easy goals to the opposition

Weekly? Three guys made absolute howlers against Adelaide. Was he one of them? I didn’t think so.

Not really impressed with Jones out, thought he was just starting to play well and an extended run in the side would have really helped him develop.
Seems like Simmo has picked his next BBQ invite list

Jones ball watches. Amount of times last week he let guys past was amazing.

To be fair, I think his intensity has improved but he doesn’t provide much if it isn’t manic tackling.

Look i get it you are in the Nelson good guy brigade

But he constantly makes bad decisions and silly mistakes that give the opposition goals

I actually can't think of someone worse than Nelson to replace him though

He just really needs to get the constant silly stuff out of his game
Yet they keep selecting him, crazy sh*t yeh, does your head in!?
Oh well, must be doing something right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back