Prediction Changes Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs for Pav.

Griff for Sandi. Griff did well on Mummy last time against them.

If Crozier is ok he comes in for Hughes maybe. I haven't seen anything from Hughes at AFL level that suggests he will be a player, just seems off the pace, hoping he comes good because it seems Ross rates him.

We are going to get destroyed, 120 on the cards.

Tabs for Pav.

Griff for Sandi. Griff did well on Mummy last time against them.

If Crozier is ok he comes in for Hughes maybe. I haven't seen anything from Hughes at AFL level that suggests he will be a player, just seems off the pace, hoping he comes good because it seems Ross rates him.

We are going to get destroyed, 120 on the cards.

Yeah for Hughes to come into our team as a defender was always going to be a difficult gig.

His biggest strength is that he is a great contested mark but unfortunately he has not shown that in his last two games.

His lack of awareness and reaction time is something he must work on if he is going to make it (which he may).

Don't think he has done nearly enough for a game in Pav's last (many more deserving and yes I am playing the sentiment card).

Frankly, Sutcliffe despite a ordinary year is more deserving of a game (cant be bothered mentioning Mora again because that will not happen).

Yep, hate to pile it on Ethan because he's clearly TTHD with the build he has, but the kid's got to show far more than he has in his first six games. (Edit: Just for some context, in Connor's 6th game, he had 25 touches [14 contested] and 6 I50's from 56% game time...)

Out: Hughes, Pav, Sandi, Ballas
In: Morabito (FFS...), Tabs, Griff, Deluca

Last edited:
Yep, hate to pile it on Ethan because he's clearly TTHD with the build he has, but the kid's got to show far more than he has in his first six games.

Out: Hughes, Pav, Sandi, Ballas
In: Morabito (FFS...), Tabs, Griff, Deluca
Playing deluca away vs GWS might cut short his career .

DeLuca is no chance if Ross' press conference is anything to go by.

Will probably be just Pavlich and Sandi out for Taberner and either Crozier (if fit) or Sutcliffe (would prefer Mora but seems unlikely too from the press conference).

I think mora should now concentrate on playing for peel . A wafl GF is also not that bad for him consider his injury. I think from ross post press , Suban likely in vs GWS

You can't compare Connor Blakely to Ethan Hughes in any sense, for starters Blakely was a highly regarded draftee who spent his junior career predominantly as an inside midfielder, where as Hughes was drafted as a rookie defender who'd only been playing the game for 5 years prior to being drafted to the Dockers. Blakely has had time to get comfortable in his position where as Hughes has had injuries, not to mention our backline has been completely under siege for the entire season, you can't say that any of our defenders have had exceptional seasons. He was drafted for his athletic ability with the potential to grow into the player Fyfe has grown into, for Ethan to be playing footy for a maximum of 5 years before being drafted into a WAFL side, and then shortly after to be drafted to an AFL side, is simply remarkable. The kid has ability and talent, he just needs time, like all young players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, hate to pile it on Ethan because he's clearly TTHD with the build he has, but the kid's got to show far more than he has in his first six games. (Edit: Just for some context, in Connor's 6th game, he had 25 touches [14 contested] and 6 I50's from 56% game time...)
In Hughes' first game he had 22 disposals, 12 kicks, 8 marks, 1 contested mark, 2 inside 50s playing from half back. And was our second best player on the field (Barlow first). He's certainly capable, I just think playing that half back role is probably the hardest in our team atm.

I think expectations of ethan right now is too high. Having said that maybe he need more time in wafl with freo having two game left. I just not sure why he is in the senior side where ibbo is playing. i will like to have a look at nyhuis on suttty role , ethan on ibbo role and mora on croz if he is still injured.

Should be playing all our future potential in the AFL the last 2 games. You will gain nothing by dropping them back to the WAFL. They need the AFL exposure.

Should be playing all our future potential in the AFL the last 2 games. You will gain nothing by dropping them back to the WAFL. They need the AFL exposure.
Agree, but sometime can had side effect. Especially their confident .

I think expectations of ethan right now is too high. Having said that maybe he need more time in wafl with freo having two game left. I just not sure why he is in the senior side where ibbo is playing. i will like to have a look at nyhuis on suttty role , ethan on ibbo role and mora on croz if he is still injured.
Give Hughes one more game for this season. Hughes will be a solid 150 game player for us i think.

Give Hughes one more game for this season. Hughes will be a solid 150 game player for us i think.
I agree, since we going to get trash anywhere, might as well put nyhuis, ethan ,deluca and mora to play GWS. Not than playing suban ,ibbo ,d.pearce will be that much different in scoreline wise.

I think Mora's card is marked but would love to give him a crack in place of either Tucker or Hughes for this game....
I can't fathom why you would drop Tucker - he has played well in our last couple of games and his form is building nicely at atl level. For a young kid he is composed, has a big left foot and is starting to find targets regularly. I can't wait to see him in 2017 after another preseason.

Delucas last 4-5wks at Peel have been quite good, on form alone hes a better chance than Morabito. Tucker & Hughes need to play out the year. It would be blasphemy to drop young developing talent like those guys.

After the teams performance in the Adelaide game there are quite a few players that are struggling .
With the injury to Sandi and the resting of Pavlich we need a minimum of 2 changes . Spurr was terrible and on that performance he deserves to be dropped .
So OUT Spurr ,Pav and Sandi .
IN Taberner , Griffin and Morabito .
I still would like to see Hughes have a run in the midfield and Mora at HBF .Sutcliffe as the emergency.
For those going to the Peel game Balic will be playing and his Dad is flying over to watch .

After the teams performance in the Adelaide game there are quite a few players that are struggling .
With the injury to Sandi and the resting of Pavlich we need a minimum of 2 changes . Spurr was terrible and on that performance he deserves to be dropped .
So OUT Spurr ,Pav and Sandi .
IN Taberner , Griffin and Morabito .
I still would like to see Hughes have a run in the midfield and Mora at HBF .Sutcliffe as the emergency.
For those going to the Peel game Balic will be playing and his Dad is flying over to watch .
Senior or reserve?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back