Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

On the Trends podcasts (have a listen) they talked about how Hawthorn kept GWS under 40 points (38) and they did that by retaining possession or denying GWS possession.

Slowing the game down has to be our option.
I think we’re in for an infuriatingly frustrating game, but if it turns out like the Freo game, I’m in.

I think we’re in for an infuriatingly frustrating game, but if it turns out like the Freo game, I’m in.
Funnily enough I actually enjoyed the Freo game too, live anyway. Couldn't be bothered watching a replay

But we've all commented how slow our midfield is .....and PS with the new 6 rules, it was commented that quick midfields would be a focus of clubs in 2019

We've basically not addressed it .....will be OK once Ned and Jones come thru and Milera is a FT mid

Funny thing is, Douglas isn't even a quick player, especially these days.

He's not slow, but he's not fast - we haven't injected pace into the side, we've made an incremental improvement in that area.

Are jones and mchenery inside or outside mids in the AFL

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jones absolutely an inside/outside midfielder with his speed, agility, and outstanding athletic profile, going to be an outstanding player with a Rory Sloane type ceiling IMO.

Top 10 in almost all Combine testing :
Standing Vertical Jump : Rank 10 - 66cm
Running Vertical Jump : Rank =2 - 91cm
Agility Run : Rank 6 - 8.270
2km Time Trial : Rank 2 - 6.05
Kicking Efficiency Test Rank =7 - 22/30

And just outside the top 10 in the 20m speed test at 2.98

Neddy likely to play outside mid/wing eventually I would think, pretty handy if utilised forward or back as well with his elite pressure game.

Funny thing is, Douglas isn't even a quick player, especially these days.

He's not slow, but he's not fast - we haven't injected pace into the side, we've made an incremental improvement in that area.
Correct ....unfortunately Jones, McAdam, Ned, haven't progressed as quickly as we had hoped ......how is it that all our draftees are in the SANFL ....and all Ports draftees are flourishing in the AFL side .....confused

Ask this punter and you will receive.

It was $26 back in March.

GreyCrow
Never thought about it as I see the SANFL as a developing comp and any flag or title chase is/should be a by product of our fitness and not selection

Just heard on the sports show there is a n out for GWS and Haytley comes in. Didn’t hear who the player was ? Apparently issue behind the knee.

Last edited:
Never thought about it as I see the SANFL as a developing comp and any flag or title chase is/should be a by product of our fitness and not selection

Its an unusual situation because if our SANFL is doing well it would be fair to assume the Crows are too.

But thats not the case, thats not how the AFC rolls.

We are fortunate to still be in the 8. If any of those Melbourne potatoes kicked straight in the last quarter or if Brouch shanked his kick we would be sitting in 9th position.

Oh well, are you now complaining about how we won? Geez you post some ****

Did you walk away from that game happy with our performance, and confident that it was a good victory to propel us forward?

Melbourne are a rabble, they did everything they could to lose that match, and were still one kick away from winning it.

I like you mate, and I appreciate your positive outlook, but jesus christ, there is something wrong with the AFC since the GF loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones absolutely an inside/outside midfielder with his speed, agility, and outstanding athletic profile, going to be an outstanding player with a Rory Sloane type ceiling IMO.

Top 10 in almost all Combine testing :
Standing Vertical Jump : Rank 10 - 66cm
Running Vertical Jump : Rank =2 - 91cm
Agility Run : Rank 6 - 8.270
2km Time Trial : Rank 2 - 6.05
Kicking Efficiency Test Rank =7 - 22/30

And just outside the top 10 in the 20m speed test at 2.98

Neddy likely to play outside mid/wing eventually I would think, pretty handy if utilised forward or back as well with his elite pressure game.
With the way the game is going it looks like they will both be outside mids the most critized position on the ground at all clubs

If the team goes well you do if the team goes bad you go bad

Correct ....unfortunately Jones, McAdam, Ned, haven't progressed as quickly as we had hoped ......how is it that all our draftees are in the SANFL ....and all Ports draftees are flourishing in the AFL side .....confused
Jones has been given a go in the big time and had some exposure but didnt show enough to hold a spot

Probably put ned on the back burner

And macadam is still getting pies out of the system

Jones has been given a go in the big time and had some exposure but didnt show enough to hold a spot

Probably put ned on the back burner

And macadam is still getting pies out of the system

On the opther hand, Ports draftees have had no such issues and have won rising star nominations ....Rozee, Butters, Duursma ...all significant contributors

Did you walk away from that game happy with our performance, and confident that it was a good victory to propel us forward?

Melbourne are a rabble, they did everything they could to lose that match, and were still one kick away from winning it.

I like you mate, and I appreciate your positive outlook, but jesus christ, there is something wrong with the AFC since the GF loss.
I walked away across the road to the PINTS club
Had a few too many drinks with family up from Adelaide amongst our NT Crows supporter group
Went to bed at midnight
Something not done for years and posted the RAT has to go on here when I got home believed we would be premiers
Recovered about 2 days later :(

With the way the game is going it looks like they will both be outside mids the most critized position on the ground at all clubs

If the team goes well you do if the team goes bad you go bad

Chayce Jones WILL NOT be solely an outside midfielder, he will be a genuine INSIDE/OUTSIDE MIDFIELDER.....In case you didn't get it the 1st time.... a genuine INSIDE/OUTSIDE MIDFIELDER.

What diabolical selections??? Who outside the squad of 25 is demanding a spot? Knight? Jacobs? Himmelberg? Jones? Fogarty? McHenry? Poholke? Stengle? All possibles but no must haves at this stage.

Outs - No complaints dropping Mackay? Gibbs just doesn’t look right and Greenwood looks like he needs a rest.
Ins - No complaints with Mrouch and Hartigan? But, but, but Douglas, wtf?

Dougie looked off the pace in the pre-season and against the Hawks, I thought he was finished. Last week in his first match in two months Dougie looked better than Poholke, Jones and McHenry who all played a combination of inside and outside mid in the Twos. I am not convinced but only time will tell.

Atkins; During the match I called for The RAT to be banished to Siberia. He had four of the worst moments for an outside mid in the history of the AFL. Watching the replay, he also had plenty of good moments as well. One more week?

Moving Milera into the midfield is exactly what we need against GWS.

If THE MIGHTY THOR isn’t being rested for the Tigers match then I will be handing out the Pitchforks and Torches!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back