Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon McHenry is ‘Sloane quick’. He won’t test as the fastest sprinter but he’ll always be quick enough when the ball or opposition player with the ball is up for grabs.

Hopefully he's abit quicker because he's going to spend his career getting bashed by much bigger bodies in the midfield.

Chayce Jones WILL NOT be solely an outside midfielder, he will be a genuine INSIDE/OUTSIDE MIDFIELDER.....In case you didn't get it the 1st time.... a genuine INSIDE/OUTSIDE MIDFIELDER.
With his size standing against danger ablett or selwood you would think it wont work but outside mid yeah for sure

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Mitchell and Lachie Neale go ok and aren't big units.

Neale is a damn good player when you consider he has physical limitation and he is no way near the size of Danger, Fyfe, Cripps and Bont.

It would be like Mackay dominating in ruck against Mummy.

With his size standing against danger ablett or selwood you would think it wont work but outside mid yeah for sure

Bullcrap!

And more Bullcrap!

Lachie Neale is smaller and he has no trouble competing as do Tom Mitchell, Matt Crouch, Zach Merrett, Jack Viney Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar, Nathan Jones, Touk Miller and a raft of other mids in the 180cm range. And I'll give you a tip Chayce is way more athletically gifted than quite a few of the players named previously.

That last dropped chest mark by Atkins helped set up the Dees ladt shot at goal.
What most disappointed me was it happened when the match was at its hottest. That's when players you can count on stand up.
Atkins was under no actual pressure from opponents at the time; he was clear. All the pressure was perceived ie the match pressure, the moment, and perceived pressure from being under a high ball ... and hearing footsteps.
Atkins cannot and does not handle the pressure of clutch moments and hard games.
(Compare Atkins' attempt to this, from a 20yo newbie:
https://www.afc.com.au/video/2019-04-21/highlights-r5-murphys-incredible-mark)

Having said all that, the Selectors must believe he's doing something valuable for the team in spite of his aversion to contact and ineffectiveness in tough moments. What that is, is beyond me. Anybody?

what I think will be a the biggest significant issue this weekend is our players running out of gas after HT, the conditions in Darwin were hot and humid and the team played with a rotation down for most of the 2nd half.
Yes ... which might be compounded next match vs Richmond after a 5-day break!
Rounds 8-13 are all hard games, regardless of form/ladder position. To go from Melb. in steamy Darwin to a rampant GWS then Richmond 5 days later is very tough, not to mention Geelong at the Cattery after the bye!

Bullcrap!

And more Bullcrap!

Lachie Neale is smaller and he has no trouble competing as do Tom Mitchell, Matt Crouch, Zach Merrett, Jack Viney Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar, Nathan Jones, Touk Miller and a raft of other mids in the 180cm range. And I'll give you a tip Chayce is way more athletically gifted than quite a few of the players named previously.
You and i both dont know the answer if jones will be inside or outside so you can say bullcrap to me saying he will be an outsider and i can say bullcrap to your call of an insider

I suppose where pyke plays him will determine that and where are they playing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct ....unfortunately Jones, McAdam, Ned, haven't progressed as quickly as we had hoped ......how is it that all our draftees are in the SANFL ....and all Ports draftees are flourishing in the AFL side .....confused
Our gameplan is difficult to master and puts a lot of pressure on the players. This is why when players leave to go to other clubs with simpler plans they perform well above what they appeared to be like with us ( henderson, lyons, wright). This is why its hard for our draftees to do well straight away. I sometimes wish we'd develop a bit of an easier plan, and to be fair it looks like we have a bit this year, but i still think we could go a bit further.

Not saying I agree with it as I think Dougy is near the end of his career but I think it would be on the basis that he has credits based on his performance over many years than these younger kids do (excluding Gibbs here)

We’ll see if the faith is justified. Moving forward we need to move past Dougy Mackay Sauce etc
Dougy’s, “Thommo game”. I hope not we’re screwed if it is.

Our gameplan is difficult to master and puts a lot of pressure on the players. This is why when players leave to go to other clubs with simpler plans they perform well above what they appeared to be like with us ( henderson, lyons, wright). This is why its hard for our draftees to do well straight away. I sometimes wish we'd develop a bit of an easier plan, and to be fair it looks like we have a bit this year, but i still think we could go a bit further.

What’s the point of a complex game plan if we’re still average at best.
Simplify this s**t and we might actually get somewhere.

You and i both dont know the answer if jones will be inside or outside so you can say bullcrap to me saying he will be an outsider and i can say bullcrap to your call of an insider

I suppose where pyke plays him will determine that and where are they playing him

Fair dinkumI'd hate to be as clueless as you this is a 16/17 year old kid that was playing midfield against the men in the Tasmanian Football League and starring eventually runner up in the TFL leading player Award after playing only 7 Senior games due to U18 commitments and school footy.

How about you form your opinion when Chayce gets to play legitimate AFL minutes in the midfield.

Who do you think is Adelaide's leading clearance player on averages in the SANFL over the last couple of years?
Pat Wilson?
Myles Poholke?
Hugh Greenwood?

Nup, it's Chayce Jones who averages 9 Clearances a game from his 2 SANFL games this season.

Wilson 5.8
Poholke 4
Greenwood 7

Well you certainly don't know based on past experience, but I'm predicting Bicks does know as has clue, unlike you about young talent.

Fair dinkumI'd hate to be as clueless as you this is a 16/17 year old kid that was playing midfield against the men in the Tasmanian Football League and starring eventually runner up in the TFL leading player Award after playing only 7 Senior games due to U18 commitments and school footy.

How about you form your opinion when he Chayce gets to play legitimate AFL minutes in the midfield.

Who do you think is Adelaide's leading clearance player on averages in the SANFL over the last couple of years?
Pat Wilson?
Myles Poholke?
Hugh Greenwood?

Nup, it's Chayce Jones who averages 9 Clearances a game from his 2 SANFL games this season.

Wilson 5.8
Poholke 4
Greenwood 7
Bicks the coach will decide not what you THINK you know

Where has pyke played him so far

How about you form your opinion when he Chayce gets to play legitimate AFL minutes in the midfield.

Pat Wilson?
Myles Poholke?
Hugh Greenwood?

Wilson 5.8
Poholke 4
Greenwood 7
Save yourself grief & stop arguing with the village idiot.

Has the worst understanding of young talent on this board bar none, including the rabbit.

Jones has played significant stints starting in the middle in his 1st year. Why would Pyke play him there?

How about you logout for a while as your posting is pure spam nonsense.

Look I'm not interested in taking it any further with you, Chayce was drafted as a midfielder and that's where he'll be playing the the greater majority of his football career.

Have we really reached the stage with Atkins where we are saying "he got caught holding the ball, but at least it wasn't a worse turnover!"

I mean come on

Saying "not to excuse Atkins..." indicates that you've completely missed the direction I was angling with that. That comment was more directed at projecting on how defense would develop in specific situations.

Holding the ball is the most unfairly maligned event that could happen in this game. Sure your forced to give the ball up but the side getting the ball loses any potential advantage from that exchange as a sides defense should have enough time to set up.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back