Unofficial Preview Changes vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke obviously beleives he is the best option compared to players like davis and co

He obviously knows these players very very very well so gets given the responsibility of making the call

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
And Pyke is very conservative.

And coaches don’t always make the right calls.

You’ve seen Douglas up forward, what have been your thoughts? Look like a natural forward to you?

The other thing with Murphy v Greenwood. Murphy often is our forward out of the goal square which in itself is just bizarre, our smallest player is our marking option? * me drunk what an absolute ridiculous move. We saw how well that worked late against the Eagles when we bombed to Murphy 2-1 and McGovern marked.

Who would you prefer out of the goal square? Murphy or Greenwood?

Would I be able to pick your thoughts on our youngsters? I hope you don’t mind.

Are you able to provide some idea of how some of these guys compare to each other? I don’t see any SANFL and it’s often different seeing them live.

How do these players compare for speed, agility and overhead? Where is Davis in his development?
Jones
McHenry
Davis
McAdam

I’d think Murphy is the fastest guy we have in the side, followed by Smith, Gallucci maybe next?

Also how would you describe Jordan Butts as a player, his stats look encouraging?
Watch them down at Richmond oval today. 2pm I think. Jones, McHenry, Davis, McAdam should all be starting 22 next year along with Fogarty and Himmelberg i would expect. Murphy is not quick. Our quickest in our squad i presume would be Hamill and Jones. Stengle, Sholl, McPherson, Hamill and Butts all have huge upside and hopefully will get some games next year.

Watch them down at Richmond oval today. 2pm I think. Jones, McHenry, Davis, McAdam should all be starting 22 next year along with Fogarty and Himmelberg i would expect. Murphy is not quick. Our quickest in our squad i presume would be Hamill and Jones. Stengle, Sholl, McPherson, Hamill and Butts all have huge upside and hopefully will get some games next year.
Murphy is actually quite fast.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-23/running-men-keeping-track-of-your-clubs-speedsters

Would I be able to pick your thoughts on our youngsters? I hope you don’t mind.

Are you able to provide some idea of how some of these guys compare to each other? I don’t see any SANFL and it’s often different seeing them live.

How do these players compare for speed, agility and overhead? Where is Davis in his development?
Jones
McHenry
Davis
McAdam

I’d think Murphy is the fastest guy we have in the side, followed by Smith, Gallucci maybe next?

Also how would you describe Jordan Butts as a player, his stats look encouraging?

Both McAdam and Davis are X factor type players, both have great aerial capabilities and agility to go with their footy smarts, to my eye Davis is quick enough but not super quick whereas McAdam is certainly super quick. McAdam I feel will need another pre-season under his belt before we see the best of him. My take on Davis at this point in time is that he certainly has the tools to carve out a decent AFL career but must soon develop consistency across 4 quarters to take his game to the next level, goes missing a little too often for my liking. Sometimes when watching him play he gives me the impression perhaps he just doesn't want "IT" (AFL career) bad enough? The back half of this season could very well be career defining for Ben.

Chayce Jones IMO has it all, speed, agility, athleticism, courage and footy smarts in spades, I'm convinced he's going to be very, very good footballer (midfielder) for our club for a very long time.

Neddy is just a good old fashioned hard nosed footballer that will always play with great passion and give 100% for the guernsey. Not as athletically gifted as the other 3 lads apart from super agility and the best endurance at the club which will see him running on the top of the ground late in quarters and late in games when most other players will be tonguing it and sucking in the big ones. Supporters are going to love his ferocious attack on the contest and his constant niggling of the opposition players.

Jordan Butts IMO will play his best footy as the intercepting 3rd defender, though with further body development over time he could possibly furnish into the KPD we need. Jordan is another player with super endurance for his size and also proven quite capable up forward in the TAC Cup Comp so the "swingman" option is also a handy attribute if required.

I think you'd find when fit McAdam would be the quickest player on our list, Will Hamill would also be in that discussion, Jones and Gallucci not far behind those two.

Last edited:
And Pyke is very conservative.

And coaches don’t always make the right calls.

You’ve seen Douglas up forward, what have been your thoughts? Look like a natural forward to you?

You seem to have plenty to say about the quality of player and who should and shouldn't be in the side

But never call for Pykes head on a stick, if he isnt the man for the Job he needs to be moved on

Both McAdam and Davis are X factor type players, both have great aerial capabilities and agility to go with their footy smarts, to my eye Davis is quick enough but not super quick whereas McAdam is certainly super quick. McAdam I feel will need another pre-season under his belt before we see the best of him. My take on Davis at this point in time is that he certainly has the tools to carve out a decent AFL career but must soon develop consistency across 4 quarters to take his game to the next level, goes missing a little too often for my liking. Sometimes when watching him play he gives me the impression perhaps he just doesn't want "IT" (AFL career) bad enough? The back half of this season could very well be career defining for Ben.

Chayce Jones IMO has it all, speed agility, athleticism, courage and footy smarts in spades, I'm convinced he's going to be very, very good footballer (midfielder) for our club for a very long time.

Neddy is just a good old fashioned hard nosed footballer that will always play with great passion and give 100% for the guernsey. Not as athletically gifted as the other 3 lads apart from super agility and the best endurance at the club which will see him running on the top of the ground late in quarters and late in games when most other players will be tonguing it and sucking in the big ones. Supporters are going to love his ferocious attack on the contest and his constant niggling of the opposition players.

Jordan Butts IMO will play his best footy as the intercepting 3rd defender, though with further body development over time he could possibly furnish into the KPD we need. Jordan is another player with super endurance for his size and also proven quite capable up forward in the TAC Cup Comp so the "swingman" option is also a handy attribute if required.

I think you'd find when fit McAdam would be the quickest player on our list, Will Hamill would also be in that discussion, Jones and Gallucci not far behind those two.
I do actually read your posts, like most on here, with great interest. Thanks

Im a long way from Richmond oval. Thanks for your thoughts.

Good to hear Hamill has some toe, watching Charlie cut us up reminded me that despite our mix of talks and shorts we don’t currently have a lot of pace in the backline. Some elite pace in the future sounds good.

Chayce Jones IMO has it all, speed agility, athleticism, courage and footy smarts in spades, I'm convinced he's going to be very, very good footballer (midfielder) for our club for a very long time.

Thanks Bicks, I appreciate the rundown.

McAdam sounds really exciting, I didn’t realise he was so quick. I reckon Betts would grow an extra leg if he was brought in. I like Hamill’s length, so hopefully he can retain that speed as he bulks up. Nice to know we have some speedsters coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch out again.

Davis apparently his understudy and performing well....

Don’t select him.

Considering this was a last minute change, you can't blame the club for that at all.

I'd be very surprised if Davis wasn't delisted at the end of the season though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back